More or less dificult??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 03:59 AM

mboozer04 is an unknown quantity at this point
More or less dificult??

Alright so I just put a new set of sprokets on today. I went 2- and 8+. I noticed it is more difficult to do any trick I could in the past. My fast standups were sketchy and my slow 12 were all over the place twitching all over. Is there something wrong with me ? I heard its easier when you put sprokets on or is it just the fact that i am not used to them and when i get used to them its wil be much easier? and one more question with the 2- and 8+ what gear shoudl i do sitdown and stand up 12's in? with stock gearing i did them in first. but now im starting to do them in 2nd or 3rd let me knwo what happen. thanks
Old 10-08-2003, 04:58 AM

Thats not the problem though with my stock gearing i was doin fine I could do slow wheelies around and under 10 mph and scrape the tail when i wanted. I got the gears because i herad it woudl be a little easier and more control and i wanted to start doin no handers and i figured this would help. what im sayign is the gears didnt help as much as i thought they would. but agian this was my only day with them so I think tomarow il be back to normal and get back to the way i was be4.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:03 AM

stik6shift93 is an unknown quantity at this point
You probably just suck at riding dude!!! Time to face the facts
Old 10-08-2003, 05:07 AM

hah yea brad we shoudl go riding sometime with you "f3" Then we wil se who sucks!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:13 AM

Soumy16 is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe you shouldnt have went as drastic as -2+8, maybe something like -1+4 or something. Gearing makes the bike come up quicker. But the stock gears will be smoother, id say get a less drastic combo and try that
Old 10-08-2003, 09:47 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
You have to keep the engine in a lower rpm range now, so it wont be twitchy.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:54 AM

TeamGreen99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Soumy16
maybe you shouldnt have went as drastic as -2+8
Old 10-08-2003, 10:22 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
its just like riding a different bike now. You'll get it & like the gears. I went +20 on my 929 & love it. Also -2 +16 on my F4i. I can ride em fine stock, but like it more w/ the gears. engine braking rules.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:25 AM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do any pros besides Cbo have an oppinion on this? I want to lear slow stuff and I am curious...
Old 10-08-2003, 10:28 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
there are a few pro's that only rock stock, or just slightly geared bikes. And there are those that rock gears like me (should say, i rock gears like them), Mr. Woods & Chauncey & such that rock pizza pan's.

I like the pizza cutters myself.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Regular StuntLifer

twist~ROC is an unknown quantity at this point
just have to get use to it, it should take that long, i was stock than i went to -2+5 on my 01 f4i. i never tried slow stuff stock, it seems to me that it would be harder on the bike, but with some gearing the bike pops up easy, and off you go
Old 10-08-2003, 10:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup

Originally posted by Roc2
just have to get use to it, it should take that long, i was stock than i went to -2+5 on my 01 f4i. i never tried slow stuff stock, it seems to me that it would be harder on the bike, but with some gearing the bike pops up easy, and off you go
It will take a little getting use to!
Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
I like to use -2 +2 thats what I learned with, but if I do like 5mph I have to play with the clutch or the bike will stall out. I think you went too drastic for just learning 12's
Old 10-09-2003, 12:31 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
Originally posted by CBOdmi
put it like this gears do help but if you cant rock it stock like a champ then there is no reason for gears. Im going back to stock me and my boys from Team DV8 just to set it straight.

Basically gears are there for you when u prove you can at least make ur bike cut out with stock gearing. Basically any bike without stock gearin can go as slow as you want it. Then when u prove that then its time to get gears in my opinion til then my opinion to guys is rock stock til u prove u can master the stock gearing first. I learned that way on my Zx6 and it was totally the way to go. If you are having problems with stock then dont blame it on the stock sprocket, just practice more til u get it.
Well said my man.
It will make you a better rider in the long run if you practice with stock gearing. Too much gear too fast is gonna throw you off
Old 10-09-2003, 12:37 AM

jethro426 is an unknown quantity at this point
G nice from ruthless rides stock gears. he can hop on any bike and have it creapin cause he is used to havin stock gears. It is not the gears that make a bike do sick tricks it is the rider control and practice. it only comes with time.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:20 AM

outs1derz is an unknown quantity at this point
i ride with stock gears myself, and so far i am able to do just about anything. the only problem is that when i ride my wheelies really slow, sometimes my engine dies and my bike slams down pretty hard. i think that's where the gearing would help, cuz even tho your going really slow, your bike would be at a higher RPM. just my opinion. i think you should stick to your stock gearings cuz trust me, gearing has really nothing to do with peoples riding skills. i bet that you can take anyone of these pro's, and put them on a stock bike for a day and they would be doing the same **** as they do on a geared bike. when i put together my demo, i'll make sure to post it on here and prove to the non believers that gearing has nothing to do with how good you are at stuntin.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:06 AM

so if I do this slow stuff in a higher gear say 2nd or 3rd it wil be less twitchy? and i was ridin pretty much all day with these gears and im already gettin used to it. Like said above its like ridin a new biek and i just need to get used to it thanks for al the imput anymore suggestions? let me know
Old 10-09-2003, 02:13 AM

outs1derz is an unknown quantity at this point
what i honestly think you should do is to throw your stock gears on and deflate your rear tires a "lil", and practice slow 1st gear wheelies. i swear, keep practicing and one day out of no where, it will all come together.
Old 10-09-2003, 02:18 AM

BUt i could do fine with the stock gears i just thinks its more difficult with the bigger ones i just think i need time to get used to it and i wil be fine

Quick Reply: More or less dificult??