Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
CBS Special on Street Stunting : AMA Press Release

Subj: CBS Special on Street Stunting

9/26/2003
AMA Tackles New PR Nightmare: Street Stunting

From a press release issued by the AMA:

AMA REACTS TO CBS NEWS REPORT ON EXTREME STREET RIDING

PICKERINGTON, OHIO -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), reacting to a CBS News report on so-called "extreme street riding," points out that this illegal and dangerous conduct represents only a small percentage of the American motorcycling community.

The CBS News "Eye on America" report, which aired during the September 25th broadcast of "The CBS Evening News with Dan Rather," documented groups of motorcyclists who ride at high speeds and perform stunts on public streets and highways. A CBS News producer, conducting research for the report, had contacted the AMA in mid-August.

"For the most part, the CBS News segment correctly portrayed extreme street riding as an isolated phenomenon," said Tom Lindsay, AMA Public Information Director. "It's unfortunate, however, that the irresponsible conduct of such a small number of motorcyclists gets national attention, while the overwhelming majority of American motorcyclists are responsible and law-abiding."

The AMA believes that stunt riding, like that portrayed in the CBS News report, has no place on public streets and highways, where it endangers both motorcyclists and other motorists.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:06 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
ya, the CBS local 1-called the cops and told them where we were gonna meet them, 2-made us look like dangerous holigans, i'm shooting for sat on a DSF only simular taping by FOX news(localy) I'll be the only one talking, so i'm gonna set them strait!!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 06:50 PM

Hondafan is an unknown quantity at this point
**** yeah brother...

make sure that you call out cbs for what they did.....

hopefully you can get somewhere ... good luck...
Old 09-30-2003, 07:59 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
1. No riding on the streets
2. Safety Gear
3. Professionalism

These are the things that we need to all understand that are holding our sport back!

Present yourself as a professional athlete to them, talk about positive things going on in our sport, dont talk smack on anybody or anything. Covince them we dont ride on the streets as stunters........that any joe bloe can go out and buy a streetbike and pop a wheelie. For example quote them that Dale Jr. races around a closed course speeding and ripping through a field of other racers and Nascar doesnt get blamed for the speeding road rage individuals on the highway!

Be positive and represent us at a professional level! .....You can do it!!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 08:02 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CRAZY DAN
2. Safety Gear
3. Professionalism

These are the things that we need to all understand that are holding our sport back!

Present yourself as a professional athlete to them, talk about positive things going on in our sport, dont talk smack on anybody or anything. Covince them we dont ride on the streets as stunters........that any joe bloe can go out and buy a streetbike and pop a wheelie. For example quote them that Dale Jr. races around a closed course speeding and ripping through a field of other racers and Nascar doesnt get blamed for the speeding road rage individuals on the highway!

YES!
Old 09-30-2003, 08:05 PM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
YEAH WHAT DAN SAID!!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:42 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
2. Safety Gear
3. Professionalism

good call, USE THE NASCAR ANALAGY!!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:45 PM

Darkmind is a decent person
I cant wate to see how this plays out!
Old 09-30-2003, 11:11 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate to say it but the only place i got is the streets. i usually spend a couple nights a week looking for new industrial places but it's not as easy as it sounds. for me it's either the streets or not at all. i don't stunt in public except the occasional highway wheelie but it's either that or nothing
Old 10-01-2003, 09:52 AM

rocketjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
When are we going to be inculded in the X games. They include skate boarding and that is illegal on most streets.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:42 PM

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
2. Safety Gear
3. Professionalism

DAN YOU THE MAN thats perfect!!!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:53 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Duffman
i hate to say it but the only place i got is the streets. i usually spend a couple nights a week looking for new industrial places but it's not as easy as it sounds. for me it's either the streets or not at all. i don't stunt in public except the occasional highway wheelie but it's either that or nothing
i dont think hes talkin about not riding on the street. everyone has to start somewhere, but we need to promote stayin off the street in the media. that way we might get some recognition from the general public and stop being labelled punks on bikes that are out endangering innocent people
Old 10-01-2003, 11:43 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Originally posted by rocketjoe
When are we going to be inculded in the X games. They include skate boarding and that is illegal on most streets.
I doubt Tony Hawk hangs out riding in mall parking lots and tears it up on city streets any more. He rides in private spots that are out of the public eye! When the news channel has to show up at his private spot to do a news story, theres not much negative talk they can come up with for a story!

Thats what we need to work on as a whole! Yes it all started out on the streets, but we gotta move on now and do what it takes to keep this going as a sport. Skateboarding.......built parks, etc. Us riding in private parking lots and not stunting on the streets is pretty much the same!

Old 10-01-2003, 11:49 PM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
hey gsxr750 i know you, somehow i can tell it's you, weird huh, you been riding lately? hit me up
Old 10-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point
YEAH LOOK AND TALK LIKE A PRO.

AND WEAR YOUR BEST SUITE AND TIE WHILE STUNTING TO IMPRESS THEM!
MAYBE WHEN YOU GO OUT TO TAPE RIDE A SCOOTER OR SOMETHING.......MAYBE A POCKET ROCKET. ?? SO THAT THE BIKES ARE NOT SO INTIMIDATING !!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.............
DONT FORGET THAT EVEYTHING I JUST WROTE IS TOTAL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	freeway wheelies.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	36542