Crash Cage?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 09:23 PM

bigdawg500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Crash Cage?????

I know a lot of you make your our cage but does anyone know where I could buy one for an R1???

bigdawg
Old 09-16-2003, 10:16 PM
PsychoBuells Crazy Cracka

JAGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Coming soon bro...

www.powersbikeworx.com

These guys have a fantastic crash cage design and have been cool enough to sponsor us because we are hometown boys! They are also working with Colbert and Team Xtreem so you know they are no joke. You can see alot of there stuff they will be offering on Team Xtreems website! Their cages are the real deal and very rugged, but yet not too heavy and not in the way when you want to ride hard on the street or track! I just picked up my cage they built for my 929 and it is SWEET!

I will post pics of it here tomorrow! I do not think they have a R1 cage done yet, but they will real soon!

If you check them out and are interested, give them a call and let them know JAGMAN from the Psychogang sent you!

PEACE
JAGMAN
Old 09-16-2003, 11:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
check out Racing 905.com.......
Old 09-16-2003, 11:55 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Freestyle Ingenuity, they help out the website and actually interact with us. Tell me how racing 505 or whatever, has ever been communicating with us. Don't want a debate just click at the top of this screen, lol.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:48 AM

minytrker is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is 2 pics of my FI cage after a 12 gone wrong. The other side busted once before just like that, but the loop or cage part is bent up pretty bad. The cage lasted for 7 crashes with me repairing it 4 times. On the postive side I never broke anything on the bike and only had min damange to the upper fairing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	resize of 100_0007.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	33855  
Old 09-17-2003, 09:48 AM

minytrker is an unknown quantity at this point
pic 2

Name:	resize of 100_0010.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	33856  
Old 09-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
Dont any of these people ever think about the guys with older model bikes? Not everyone is riding a 99 or newer bike. Only ones I know making a cage for my year GSXR(97) is racing905. What about the rest of these companies? Show some love

Old 09-17-2003, 11:22 AM

allenr1@xtc is an unknown quantity at this point
i got sliders on my 97 gsxr from freestyle ing. works fine for me never had a problem

i am not a believer in the cage but i never go down real hard either (more places it bolts more places it breaks)
Old 09-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

Did you have to modify the sliders or anything to get them to fit on your GSXR? I think Micky from C.C. was also rocking some F.I. sliders on his Gsxr.

Also, dont most people say you should run cheap bolts with the F.I. cage so give before the cage does? Also, Vertical Mischief Crew makes extended sliders for real cheap. I might just go with those for now, but I really want the full protection of a cage.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:33 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
My FI cage has been through hell & back - then back again doing cartwheels down the street.

The only thing that has broken with that cage is I lost a sit down 12 (brake fade) doing prob 25 mph & the bike tossed & turned down the street - it broke the bolt in the motor. But it hit the ground so hard that it took a hunk out of the pavement - so you can't expect anything but.

My cage kinda looks twisted & beaten up - but ive taken a good 2 dozen crashes from soft to pretty hard & ive NEVER broken a side cover.

A cage can only be so strong - Ive seen people make thier own super strong mega cages w/ grade 8 bolts. The 1st crash the cage doesn't give or flex and it bends motor mounts, smashes motors, cracks frames.

They are more made to help w/ a crash - than make the bike invincipal. (i suck @ spelling)
Old 09-17-2003, 01:04 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
check out moto xtreem designs cage. they are pimp. ill have pics up by the end of the week. made of grade ten stainless steel. you can drag knee if u want and they have extended sliders on the cages. extended sliders are also available for $80. the sliders have replaceble(sp) delron tips. il post the pics in a new thread and as soon as u see the thread u can order cages and sliders
Old 09-17-2003, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by JPratt
Dont any of these people ever think about the guys with older model bikes? Not everyone is riding a 99 or newer bike. Only ones I know making a cage for my year GSXR(97) is racing905. What about the rest of these companies? Show some love

Powersbikeworx.com just finished cages for your bike bro! I am almost sure they are going to be about $195 powder coated! They are sweet!!! Here are the pics of one on my 929! I will get pics of the GSXR cages asap!

BTW...NO DISRESPECT TO FREESTYLE INGENUITY! Those guys are great and have done great things for the sport. Powers is just getting into the business. Give them some time to support the sport. They are supporting us because we are a very well known team in their area and they are supporting Todd Colbert and Team Xtreem. These guys are no joke, and will be a regular name that everyone will know and respect in the sport within a year! They need time just like FI needed to get the product out and to get riders supported. Several of my team mates have Freestyle Ingenuity cages, but when a business offers to support us and offers a great product, we will promote them and help them get the name out there.

JAGMAN

Name:	cbrcage1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	33901  
Old 09-17-2003, 02:11 PM

Another pic

Name:	cbrcage2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	33902  
Old 09-17-2003, 02:13 PM

Last one...take notice to how tight it is to the bike. This allows you to ride the streets and even the track if your a knee dragger without hitting. Awesome product!

We pushed the bike over on both sides many times and I will be crash testing it officially this weekend. The bike never hits the handlebars and most importantly to me, does not bust the cases!!!

www.powersbikeworx.com

Let them know we sent you!

JAGMAN & The Psychogang

Name:	cbrcage3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	33903  
Old 09-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

Ok, so when a design like this takes a hard impact. Whats going to be broke or damaged from these? Most people with FI cages complain about mounts being broken. Since this look more sturdy, whats the chances of these breaking parts?

And that price is really nice. They should also sell them without being powder coated for a less price. And also, their rear stands, do they make those for spools aswell?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:26 PM

Ok...on the cage. I honestly am one of the first guys who will be crash testing this thing. My guys all will have them on their bikes within a week or two at the most. We all ride different stuff so we are a good test market. Now I am not a metal or structural guy, but PowersBike Worx is actually a sub-company of Powers Welding which builds, installs and services major metal structures. They have to know what is going to be strong and rigid and must be in good touch with designs. From what I understand, by having a 3 point design, meaning it has three major mounts on each side, you have incredible structural integrity. The crashes impact will be absorbed in three different spots which in theory would cause these things to be very unlikely to break or break your bike. We have seen many long slider set ups that have busted up bikes pretty good, and the reason is that typically the impact is taken in one spot, and the leverage on that spot creates to much of a strain on the mounts. FI has used a softer bolt from what I hear to help reduce the risk of breaking the mounts and I think they have been much more successful with that approach.

I will keep everyone informed on how well it holds up, but I am convinced it is going to hold up real well. They have sliders that will go in the ends of each open tube, that I am getting tonight. I will take another pic with those on it.

PEACE
JAGMAN