stunting on web sites...can you get caught?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:30 AM

rogz9 is an unknown quantity at this point
stunting on web sites...can you get caught?

i am making a we page...and i am gonna have footage of me and my buds stuntin'...i am just wandering if we can get busted for the footage? and does anyone know of a good cheap web hosting sevice that will allow me to post stuntin movies and not punish me?

i am a little naive on this...thats why i am asking you guys, so be kind.

thanks all
happy stuntin.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:33 AM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
well just slap a litlte disclaimer in the beginning of your webpage and then block out all the license plate and you should be pretty safe.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:34 AM

huy_sauce is an unknown quantity at this point
say all the **** is photoshopped...
Old 09-16-2003, 12:40 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
www.uzenmultimedia.com for all of your hosting needs

tell em Thomas sent you
Old 09-16-2003, 01:52 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
i have heard of police getting your plate number with pictures and nailing you. that is legal too because it's a documentation of a moving violation. they have to have the plate number though.

the webhosting service shouldn't care though....
Old 09-16-2003, 02:47 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point
Just be sure to block out plates or any identifying material. Ifs its footage from a public road dont use any footage with no helmet just to cover your ***.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:31 PM

SAG_TeamXLR8sa is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't gotten in trouble (yet).

http://www.teamxlr8sa.com
Old 09-16-2003, 08:08 PM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out the Statu of Limitations on the Laws that you think you are breaking. Time it right. Block Plates. Wear Helmets. If you ever get Track footage...use it all you want...no problem.

With my site...you cannot tell if its Street or Track so I think its good for the riders whos pics I work on.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:04 AM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree

I agree with Longshot on this except. The cops have to prove when ithappenedd and that it has not been outside the statute of limitations. As long as youdon'tt post felonies then you should be ok. Also post pictures that do not give reference to location and then the cops have to prove that it happened in their jurisdiction.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:35 AM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
take it from me, all it took was ONE person mentioning my site and the cops were at the door taking all my computer and video equipment....he used still pictures, matched dates and clothes, and used it for video identifying....all i can say is if youre going to stunt make damned sure there arent stills of you with your helmet off in the same gear you were stunting in....if they can identify you on the bike, you screwed....and yeah, take your plates off, cops have a nasty tendancy of have high end video equipment at their disposal...just a bit of a warning, but maybe cops arent as bored as they are in this town...

Oh, and do your best to make sure the hard copies (actual video tapes) are not date stamped by the camcorder.....
Old 09-19-2003, 10:02 AM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
what? did you have you address on the damn internet under your full name, social sec. #, and license plate number????? might wanna leave that info off next time ....
Old 09-19-2003, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by MEACHAM
what? did you have you address on the damn internet under your full name, social sec. #, and license plate number????? might wanna leave that info off next time ....
Not so much....he just had someone willingly give up the fact that i was running the site, and willing to identify riders for him, so when he raided my house he got all my hard copies and such, and what this person didnt identify for him, he had plates and pictures to match....all im saying is be careful what you post.

you have to understand, the site was discreet, i mean there were names, and helmetless non stunt shots, but all the stunt shots i put up, the license plates were not on the vids/pics. it was the same as every other stunt site on the web. but what ****ed us is when he executed a search warrant on my place, i had all the videos/pictures UNEDITED, plates photos, and everything....and it really didnt help that we were being identified by someone.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Whoever ratted you out deserves a beatdown. Seriously what did they have to gain by tattling on you? What a bunch of
Old 09-19-2003, 11:50 AM

they had NOTHING to gain, it was a spiteful action....just because this person didnt like us...theres a longer story behind this, and as soon as the trial is done, ill be posting the info on my site when i put it back up....
Old 09-19-2003, 12:30 PM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
how the fu*k did they get your name and address though?? everyone has headshots and **** on their websites ... how did they actually pin the **** on YOU and find your house AND get a search warrant ?????
Old 09-19-2003, 12:49 PM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point
as far as getting his info, all they have to do is look up the owner of the website, domaine names are registered and easy access to look up.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:51 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person
I'm going to have to say, that as long as your FACE or identifying things like TATTOOS cannot be seen... you're safe. They have to prove beyond a REASONABLE doubt that you have committed a crime.

When trial time comes, line up 5 of your similar sized buds in the same gear, with helmets and tinted visors. Ask the jury to find you out of the five.... You get my point?

If your tats are covered, and your face is covered, there is MORE than reasonable doubt introduced about who's on the bike at the time.

If your stunting with no helmet on... well...
Old 09-19-2003, 05:51 PM

Veggie Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bustedplastic

Oh, and do your best to make sure the hard copies (actual video tapes) are not date stamped by the camcorder.....
That's damn good advice - absolutely none of our video cameras have either the time or date set on them to make identifying when stuff was shot as difficult as we possibly can. FTP

You'll also notice the vast majority of riders we film in the UK ride with full-face lids and black visors. Thankfully, the only time anything even remotely similar's happened in the UK was something like eight years ago when one car driver filmed himself at around 180mph on the M25, which he made into a video and then sold on

There are a few stories of riders filming themselves also going at serious speeds (the few I've heard of had the riders flying at around the 160mph mark on country roads) and were caught by the cops with their cameras still mounted on their tanks. The fact the cameras had the time and date set on them only made the cop's job easier...