street stunting and Xgames

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 11:46 PM

onsomething is an unknown quantity at this point
street stunting and Xgames

In your opinion will this ever get to the xgames ?
I think it won't cause it's a pretty small number of stunts that you can do at low speeds and they're not that impressive. Plus most of the people can do most of the tricks. I mean it's not like in other X-games sports where each rider has its own style, here almost all the stunts are done the same way, not too much variety. But this is my so don't cuss me out if you disagree.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:16 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone's style is different...Some people make it look easy and some make it look sloppy! New tricks are in the making right now...everytime I think something is impossible someone pulls that **** off...This sport is stilll very new in the US and once it goes mainstream it's OVER! I cant wait to watch STREETBIKE FREESTYLE ON ESPN2!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:01 AM

onsomething is an unknown quantity at this point
when is that (on ESPN) ?
Old 09-16-2003, 01:11 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
I hope this sport eventually makes it that far. I know that most of us have been working our butts off. We eat, sleep, and breath motorcycles. Everyone definatley deserves it. Havent you seen the way that people look at you when your doing these stunts? Its definatley a crowd pleaser
Old 09-16-2003, 01:20 AM
Regular StuntLifer

GA-boy is an unknown quantity at this point
hey onsomething, i figured out what your on.....crack, if it's not impressive get off the site, i think it can make the x-games and its not only a few tricks everyone can do, you say the sport is not going anywhere but just look at kyle woods parkin' the highchairs recently, stepping it up for everyone, take free style moto cross for example, last year metzger came out with the backflips and everyone said that is all that can be done, but this year people are bustin 360's and workin on 360 backflips, they are pushing the envelope and making the sport progress, it has only been in the x-games for a couple of years and has came a long ways, so put some of the crazy ****'s off this site on espn and see how much this sport progresses, everyone will feed off others energy and bust something we thought was impossible, like tony hawk and a 900, get us on tv and i guarantee stunters from all over will step up to the plate and represent
Old 09-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

crazy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
It pleases the ladies
People look at you when you like you are crazy? They just don't know. I am predicting this sport will go a long way. If they let it in the x-games/ gravity games it would be one of the most watched events. I assure you of that. People just love to watch thinking that you are about to kill yourself/crash at any moment. It is simple human nature. .........and oh ya......... the ladies:happyguy
Old 09-16-2003, 11:47 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point
it will go as long as everyone treats this sport as a proffessional sport. staying outta trouble, being legal, and stuff like that. its just hard to "get a crowd" for what we do. yeah people go see it and are like hell yeah at the tricks we do, but its not like watching guys fly 100ft through the air. i want it to go but we all have to make it go, so lets do it.....
Old 09-16-2003, 12:10 PM
og1

og1 can only hope to improve
the slow **** does nothing for the public ,they look atit like big deal ,when it goes mainstream there is gonna half to be a fast element in it, ie risk thats what the public wants
Old 09-16-2003, 01:14 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
are you saying no one can have style? You can be the BEST rider in the world and if you dont have any style its really no fun to watch you. I've seen mediocre riders with STYLE impress me a lot more than very good riders with no style.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:42 PM

KelOne333 is an unknown quantity at this point
i've seen the average non-sportbike nascar crowd of over 3000 unimpressed at slower more technical stunts, yet go nuts over something as simple as a christ or skitching. but to the hardcore followers, they look for difficulty, precision, and form/style. so it'll hafta blend to reach a larger market, then focus as it progresses and builds a larger fanbase. thats my
Old 09-18-2003, 04:57 PM

skidmark is a decent person
obviously... have you seen the stunt shows that they have in europe?!?!? They draw huge crouds and have stunts that nobody does here yet, and we have stunts that they don't as well...

It'll hit the x-games once people start making it crazy again. Right now everyone is practicing slow ****, which is great to get the hang of it, but now do what the euro guys do and hit really fast 12's with lots a sparks and then slow it down and do slow **** and people will crowd around a strip to see it, then it'll hit the x-games.

It just needs to get to the point that you need gear. You can do slow **** in shorts and t-shirt and not get hurt if you mess up, so who wants to see that? nobody! It's fun to do and watch for us that appreciate the skill involved, and I'd watch slow tricks all day, but the average joe wants to see insane, fast **** that can really hurt you if you mess up. It needs to get hardcore again
Old 09-18-2003, 05:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
I would like to see it at the x games.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:31 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nags
are you saying no one can have style? You can be the BEST rider in the world and if you dont have any style its really no fun to watch you. I've seen mediocre riders with STYLE impress me a lot more than very good riders with no style.
couldn't have said it better myself