F4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 01:10 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
F4

I'm thinking of picking up an F4 for my non stunt bike. With stock gears, will it clutch up in 3rd? I'm not planning on beating on it, but highway wheelies sometimes do happen.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Regular StuntLifer

gman_gsxr750 is an unknown quantity at this point
It definately won't clutch with stock gearing. May not even do it in second. I did most of my 1st gear wheelies w/clutch, and my second gear standing up. I did finally get it up in 3rd doing a standup but it wasnt' easy. Then I sold it and got a gixxer 750 -3, +5. Now I can clutch it in 4th.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:16 PM

deuz is an unknown quantity at this point
my video by www.astarmax.com

http://www.astarmaxvideo.com/potedeuz.html
Old 09-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Kay

Kay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4

Originally posted by MikeM
I'm thinking of picking up an F4 for my non stunt bike. With stock gears, will it clutch up in 3rd? I'm not planning on beating on it, but highway wheelies sometimes do happen.
My friend has a stock F4 and I bouce it up in second all the time. No problem. I'm almost positive it will come up in 3rd,.. even though I never tried.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:46 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
My 99 f4 (stock gears) i have to bounce in 2nd. I drop the clutch close to the rev limiter in 2nd and it only gets up a few inches. people tell me to bounce it a lil when clutchin it but then wuts the point of even clutchin it but besides the unclutchable wheelies its really a great bike
Old 09-12-2003, 04:52 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

od1nixer is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes it will. If you can't clutch it up in second...........
never mind. Yes it will.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:13 PM

Cbr600F4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i got an f4 and you can not clutch that **** up in 2nd, you can bounce it up or do a combo of both ... 3rd forget about it, not a chance ... i went -1 in the front and i can clutch it up in 2nd all day, but still not a chance in 3rd
Old 09-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

crazy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
not enough beef under the tank.. and at the altitude I live at you would have to be a real champ to bouce/clutch the bike in third gear. You would have to gear it to the moon to get the power and then your top speed is in the toilet. Liter bikes all the way baby, keep the 600's for the track and the slow sh*t.

nesssssssssssssssss
Old 09-12-2003, 09:00 PM

ryde_19 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea i got an f4 and i couldnt get it up in 3rd untill i streetfightered it, now she comes up in 3rd no problem. but i got -1 in the front.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:30 PM

mac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i can clutch it up in 2nd with no problem ,stock gearing, put your left knee on the seat and rev it like hell and just let go of the clutch and tadaaa
Old 09-12-2003, 11:10 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by crazy1
not enough beef under the tank.. and at the altitude I live at you would have to be a real champ to bouce/clutch the bike in third gear. You would have to gear it to the moon to get the power and then your top speed is in the toilet. Liter bikes all the way baby, keep the 600's for the track and the slow sh*t.

nesssssssssssssssss
try staggard feet on the f4 standing, then bounce/clutch. it'll come up(in 3rd)
Old 09-13-2003, 04:17 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
last year prozak rode a stock F4i that he used to pull up in 3rd all the time (on the rev limiter, foot on the seat.

Merk from CC has a stock F4i that he tosses up in 4th gear.

its all about skill.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:05 PM

f4i is much better than the f4
Old 09-13-2003, 05:25 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
eh, we've got a couple f2's and f3's and one f3 with a f4 motor. they are all pretty much about the same. stock gearing, bounce/clutch in second gear, but you will be beating the hell out of it in 3rd to get it up, if you can even get it up. it won't be like a 900 where it'll pull up without much stress.....it'll be under a lot of stress to get it up

and yes, f4i does have quite a bit more torque and power than the previous models.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:36 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
The main reason I want a f4 instead of f4i is the seat. I will be taking this piece on some long rides so I want a 1 piece seat.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:33 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
ya, but you gotta look at the ease of the fuel injection. so much easier than carbs and it doesn't bog at 12. not that all carbed bikes do, but if yours does it's a bitch to adjust the carbs right so they don't bog at 12.

the only drawback is it's not quite as smooth as carbs, but i think well worth it in tradeoff. oh ya, f4i has better brakes too.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:37 AM

i like havin the carbs .. i like havin as much ajustability as possible
Old 09-14-2003, 09:57 AM
bp chaser

Im not gonna 12 this, only long wheelies