Dirt bike helmets , please chime in .

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Regular StuntLifer

metal doc is an unknown quantity at this point
Dirt bike helmets , please chime in .

Okay I have seen alot of riders using dirtbike helmets for stunting . I am thinking about investing in one .
Now I am only talking about using it for slow stuff sessions in industrial areas. Plus I have a fiddy and think I might use it for that as well ( trying to learn coasters ) .
I have a nice street helmet that I wear at all times but I got the thinking about getting the dirt helmet as well.
I tried on a VEGA last weekend ( $75 ) . It fit well but I could not bring myself to drop the $$$$ on it .
So guys what do ya think ?
How much did you pay for yours ?
Who makes a good one and which ones are junk ?

thanks for any input , mike
Old 09-05-2003, 02:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
Re: Dirt bike helmets , please chime in .

Originally posted by metal doc
Who makes a good one and which ones are junk ?
Well Vega HONESTLY is Junk... I would go with an HJC they are inexpensive and are a much better helmet!! Look around here... Helmet Shop
Old 09-05-2003, 03:32 PM

JAVIER is an unknown quantity at this point
ITS A GOOD IDEA FOR THE BIG BIKE AND THE FIDDY.I FLIPT MY FIDDY DOING 100 FT ENDO WITH NO HELMET AND MY FACE AND BACK GOT ALL F##K UP.I USE ONE THE OTHER DAY AT A SHOW AND THE GOOD THING ABOUT IT IS THAT YOU CAN SEE BETTER AND IS NOT A HOT.MY OPINION ROCK ONE IF YOU CAN.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
I was thinking about buying one for my fiddy as well, just some POS that I can scratch up instead of my $400 Shoei.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:37 PM
50 NUT

reynolds_brad is an unknown quantity at this point
I where a FLY helmet off rd on my KTM and have worn it on occasion scooting here and there on the street. I think it would work find for low speed stunting. High speed ide stick to a full lid.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:35 PM

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm rockin a Dark Chrome Vega. **** is bling bling!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vegachrm.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	31966  
Old 09-05-2003, 05:08 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
I like wearin dirt bike helmets, because they are lighter and don't sweat as much, but I started wearin it all the time about 3 months ago, now a bunch of no can ride, hang out in the parkin lot and talk guys are wearin them, I don't know if it s because of me cause they see me ridin and stuntin and want to copy or what. But I stopped wearin mine, but I am thinkin of gettin a football helmet and tryin that.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:41 PM

Brett256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by jrl750
I like wearin dirt bike helmets, because they are lighter and don't sweat as much, but I started wearin it all the time about 3 months ago, now a bunch of no can ride, hang out in the parkin lot and talk guys are wearin them, I don't know if it s because of me cause they see me ridin and stuntin and want to copy or what. But I stopped wearin mine, but I am thinkin of gettin a football helmet and tryin that.
That is funny as hell.... People driving down the road actually point and laugh at me when I'm pimpin the dirt helmet. All the other sportbike guys just look and shake there heads in disgust like wtf?

'em all I say!
Old 09-05-2003, 08:55 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
i was thinking the same thing, i actually barrowed my friends for the day and i liked it. i'm just too damn poor,

i take my windscrren (helmet shield) off when i get to the spot though, that way it never falls down (even a little is annoying) and it's not in the way at all
Old 09-05-2003, 11:14 PM

poppawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TEDDY.B

i take my windscrren (helmet shield) off when i get to the spot though, that way it never falls down (even a little is annoying) and it's not in the way at all
that's funny dood I do that too.
get a dirt lid though for real. It's a lot cooler when it's hot and u can see better.
and lose the visor. the wind catches it too much at speed.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:51 AM

aceofspades is an unknown quantity at this point
The wind and visor combo is no good at all. My friend was just cruising and the visor blew up over his eyes and got stuck and made him run off the road and effed himself up pretty good.. Take the visor off !
Old 09-06-2003, 02:13 AM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

X-SLaYeR is an unknown quantity at this point
wearing dirt bike helmets on a street bike are about as GAY as the dumbasses wearing dirt goggles with a helmet strapped to the side of the bike.
imo
Old 09-06-2003, 02:48 AM

vegas is an unknown quantity at this point
im with x slayer on the dirt lid on the streets but if you trendy ****ers insist on gettin a dirt lid I just picked up a super nice FLY LITE ( it comes in all the cool colors, for you trendy *********** s ) through Motorsport Outlet for like $80