Wooo hooo finally slowed my sh!t down! (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:31 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
Wooo hooo finally slowed my **** down! (pic)

was about 5mph for a ways. Feels soooo good. 2nd day w/ an 11up sprocket feels way better than 1 down 2up

any comments on form etc. would be appreciated. I don't have anyone to ride w/ up here to see what I'm doing wrong on a daily basis.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:37 PM

FUNKGRAVY is an unknown quantity at this point
That's tight brother! 11 in the back huh! I'm getting ready to change my gearing, and have 03 gsxr 600, was thinking about -1/+4 or something like that. What do you suggest? Don't want to loose too much top end. How has the 11 up changed your ride?

Peace
-Gravy
Old 09-05-2003, 12:24 AM
1 footer wheelies!

I'm not really gonna go fast for a while. I want to get all the slow **** locked then I'll switch back to 1 down 2 up and relearn it all. The 11up sucks on the freeway. You can cruise w/ traffic at a reasonable rpm which is cool for wheelies...but not cool if you want to run or just go fast for a while. should still go 120 I guess. but that's tapped. -1 +4 would be cool for everything. Not too low and not too high. I was trying to learn w/ 1 down 2up but it was too hard. my learning curve is way better w/ these gears now.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:33 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
props man...that bike still looks in great condition too!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:53 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
looks good
Old 09-05-2003, 01:05 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
looks good, kip it up
Old 09-05-2003, 01:07 AM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet, that looks good.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:08 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
i actually went back to stock gearing to learn better on, not half as twitchy , and when i get that locked im gonna throw my gears back on to slow everything down
Old 09-05-2003, 03:19 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
That looks good! My 1000 will still do a little over150mph and I'm 2down/8up. Heres a pic for ya. Looks about right to me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	part014.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	31890  
Old 09-05-2003, 04:12 AM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks real good, I thought ya'll didn't have to get those gixxers up so high to balance 'em out? That's about where I have to get my R6 to try and slow it down....

I'm still not quite there but I'll get there, props pimp!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:38 AM
1 footer wheelies!

so do I need to lop off a section of the tail to put a "true" 12 bar on the bike? I want to get my foot in there but damn I like the bike in 1 piece

and for those who think my bike looks good: let me say "good from far but far from good" the frame is bent...all plastics are scraped/ cracked.....but that was from the previous owner....my bike just falls when I'm not on it
Old 09-05-2003, 07:58 AM

gsxr11523 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good and it's a gixxer !
Old 09-05-2003, 08:58 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
yeah, I'm about to go down2 up10 on mine. hopefully that should be exactly what I want. some people are saying they are going -2 up 12, so I dont know .....???????????????????
Old 09-05-2003, 09:41 AM

SPINE is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks awesome sillyneck! I went out last night and finally was able to clutch them up from about 10mph. It took me a while to get the clutch/throttle mix just right to get it up but now that I got the feel for it I just need more practice.

Great work!!

PS I'm -1+2 on my F4
Old 09-05-2003, 10:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really niceGRSiK26 is just really nice
looks good
Old 09-05-2003, 11:15 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Nice work bro. Lookin nice & high!

Keep up the good work - & see how long the bike can look like that for!
Old 09-05-2003, 11:20 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by SPINE
That looks awesome sillyneck! I went out last night and finally was able to clutch them up from about 10mph. It took me a while to get the clutch/throttle mix just right to get it up but now that I got the feel for it I just need more practice.

Great work!!

PS I'm -1+2 on my F4
It might feel diff. @ 1st - but try to snap them up going slower. That way you dont' have to chace speed & slow it down. Im practially stoped when i bang it up.

u'll get it :YEAH
Old 09-05-2003, 12:25 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sillyneck
[B]so do I need to lop off a section of the tail to put a "true" 12 bar on the bike? I want to get my foot in there but damn I like the bike in 1 piece

Just find ya a scratched or cracked one an cut it off. They're pretty easy to find. Mine is cut off about even with the end of the subframe. The bar is about 3 inches off the subframe. Works pretty good that way.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:30 PM

SPINE is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 1000ceecee
It might feel diff. @ 1st - but try to snap them up going slower. That way you dont' have to chace speed & slow it down. Im practially stoped when i bang it up.

u'll get it :YEAH
I was first concentrating on getting them up with the clutch since I don't even clutch my regualr stand-ups. Once I did that I tried bringing it up going slower and slower. I started from 20mph and worked my way down to ~10mph. It felt great progressing like that now I just have to work on balancing it after bringing it up from like 5mph!

Hey how do I get a RM shirt? I saw those on another thread and they look . I'd like to sport one of those. Let me know...

Again, sillyneck that looks sweet!

Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Sillyneck
so do I need to lop off a section of the tail to put a "true" 12 bar on the bike? I want to get my foot in there but damn I like the bike in 1 piece

ya don't need a bar.. just stick with the rear peg... i've never used a bar

Quick Reply: Wooo hooo finally slowed my sh!t down! (pic)