I got my first wheelie ticket tonight!!! Post your stories too!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 01:23 PM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point
33 tickets and counting, just got my license back, $1,200 later.....
Old 09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Originally posted by JoeWilson00
yep! in IL its just operation of motorcycle on one wheel, not related to wreckless
Don't count on that! I got a reckless last year. My story is on the first page.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:34 PM

Danimal is a decent person
hey guys a gotta question, i got my license taken away from me for not going to my DOT, for a speeding ticket in my truck and i lost them for a year, is that gonn hurt my insurance when i get my bike?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:36 PM

Silver_Back is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah... i think so dude....
Old 09-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

gman_gsxr750 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a friggin improper display of equipment ticket a couple of weeks ago because my plate was flush with my undertail. Cop was stopped at a red light in an unmarked Camaro. I pulled up in the lane beside him and just happened to stop a car lenght in front of him... perfect for him to see it. I got the pleasure of watching him run my info while I'm stuck at this friggin red light in traffic. When the light turned green I started rolling REAL slow to give him the opportunity to pass me... no such luck. He waited until he had room to move behind me and then lit the car up. $65 ticket with no points because my plate wasn't "visible" enough"... bastards!!!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:01 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Corny
Also - I've never done a wheelie in my life Judge. I can't wheelie but I like watching people do it. I guess I was in the wrong spot at the wrong time with the wrong people.
Hope he doesnt see your avatar !!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc01368.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	31833  
Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 PM

VDUB113 is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't get a ticket for doing a wheelie, but I was splitting lanes on the highway and I was moving pretty good. About 140 I would say. And I finally came up on a state trooper. (no lights, just the stickers on the car. The strobes were in his stock light housings and in the windows) The trooper was next to 2 semi's and they kind of boxed me in. The trooper slowed down, the first truck moved over to the left lane and the 2nd truck moved up next to the 1st truck. I was behind the trooper in the left lane, so he got into the right lane and slowed down until I was next to him. He put hi slights on and told me to pull over by motioning to me. So I got in front of him and pulled over. He was pretty cool about it. I told him I was on a waiting list for a local township to become a police officer and he let me go with a verbal warning. So guys...JUST TELL THEM YOU ARE PLANNING ON PUTTING YOURSELF THROUGH THE POLICE ACADEMY AND GETTING A TICKET WILL HURT YOUR RECORD AND YOUR WALLET. Most cops will understand and let you go.

Another time, we were at our local stunt spot which is very deserted and at the end of an industrial park, but a major highway (rt.1) runs parallel about (50 feet next to it) and we were all back there and 2 of us were burning up the tires hardcore...smoke everywhere. Well a local highway patrol cop saw the smoke and came back there. We all got busted because its a dead end road and only one way in and out. 2 cop cars blocked the road so we couldnt swerve and run from them...
Old 09-04-2003, 05:53 PM

JKewLr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
not a wheelie ticket but ticket just the same. Was coming off the mountain onto a long straight away. I pass cars going what he says 96 in a 55 well he was going the other way i didnt see him because of the unmarked car. I keep cruising riding a wheelie for last part of the straight. Get back into town (town meaning 1 stoplight for next 8miles there just happens to be a few stores there) where i was going the speed limit as i come to a stoplight i think "stoppie time" well it was a DAMN GOOD one rolled it a good 15-20 feet. I looked for cops but still didnt see one. As soon as the back wheel hits i hear the sirens. he yanks in front of me jumps out and runs over and grabs my key. I am thinking WTF is wrong with this guy. Yells "push your **** over there" now i am thinking i am ****ed.

I get 96-55 with wreckless driving. cops says i will loose my license my lawyer thinks i can keep them. Said if i would have gave him any **** he would have thrown me in jail. ticket is still pending.

if i knew he was chasing me i would have hit a side road. took him about 2 -3 miles to catch back up with me.

the rolling stoppie is what really chaps my ***. i cant belive i didnt see him back there.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:08 PM

damn jkewllr6... that sucks ***...
Old 09-04-2003, 08:09 PM

BTBreezie is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a wreckless driving ticket almost 3 months ago for doing a backwards christ........almost got my bike taken away, but good thing that i mentioned that i was going to a competition that weekend otherwise he said that was gonna take it. but i still don't know how much i have to pay, i haven't got my court date yet hopefully they lost my ticket......
Old 09-04-2003, 08:33 PM

hot magma is a decent person
I got a careless driving ticket $78 for doing a 15mph wheelie on an off ramp of the Jersey Turnpike the cop freaked. I was waiting at the stop light at the end of the ramp had no idea any cops were around. The trooper came up behind me at like a 100mph, locked em up, almost hit a car and me, jumped out of the car screaming and took my key. Among other derogitory remarks he tells me he's giving me a careless driving ticket I say "do you know how much care it takes to wheelie a 400 pound bike @ 15mph" he asked me if i'd like to spend the night in jail I show him my work ID and ask him if he'd like to be on the 5, 6 or 11 o'clock news tonight as I point at the camera mounted under the fairing(no tape in deck damb). Have a nice day officer.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:14 PM

well, that answers my question about christ tickets...

I wonder why cops freak out so much about wheelies... hell, I thought the guy that pulled me over was jealous or something...

he told me that my wheel stand was so high he though I was falling off the back... but, at the same time he was saying how he "wasn't impressed by my skill"... yeah right!!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:52 PM

blown93coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Tuesday night, which is the local night for Hooters, me and a few friends of mine are heading out. 3 gsx-r 600s and 3 r6's. Well after traveling for a few minutes and getting warmed up i decide to pull a stand-up in front of everybody....had to show off. While in the process of my wheelie a state trooper apparrently crossed the road right in front of me, as i was told by a fellow rider, all i remember seeing was a dark car. Well i continued my wheelie for a good 1/4 mile at about 70-75 and decided to bring it down because trafic was kinda thick ahead, so i did and then looked back in the rearview's to see where evryone else was. When i did this i noticed a "new" set of headlights riding with us. well these headlights belonged to a sheriff's car, and before i knew it the blue lights were on. Unfortunatley he was already too close and coming on too quickly for me to try and bail, so i did my best trying to be a good citizen and pulled over. the cop comes up to me and says "license, registration, and endorsement". License and registration, no prob...endorsement, nada. after hearing that, the officer walks back to his car, gets his ticket pad and walks back to be and says, get this "i could write you a ticket for the wheelie, which was really good by the way, i liked it, but im not going too, instead, im going to give you a ticket for not having an endorsement"(apparently you can be taken to jail for that). well after searching for a minute the cop comes back over to me and says, "son, it's your lucky day, i dont seem to have a black ink pen, and being that i dont have a black ink pen, i can't write you a ticket". And so with speeding, wreckless driving, and no endorsment he still let me off the hook! we could use a few more cops like that....lol
Old 09-05-2003, 12:05 AM

DREWdmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by blown93coupe
Tuesday night, which is the local night for Hooters, me and a few friends of mine are heading out. 3 gsx-r 600s and 3 r6's. Well after traveling for a few minutes and getting warmed up i decide to pull a stand-up in front of everybody....had to show off. While in the process of my wheelie a state trooper apparrently crossed the road right in front of me, as i was told by a fellow rider, all i remember seeing was a dark car. Well i continued my wheelie for a good 1/4 mile at about 70-75 and decided to bring it down because trafic was kinda thick ahead, so i did and then looked back in the rearview's to see where evryone else was. When i did this i noticed a "new" set of headlights riding with us. well these headlights belonged to a sheriff's car, and before i knew it the blue lights were on. Unfortunatley he was already too close and coming on too quickly for me to try and bail, so i did my best trying to be a good citizen and pulled over. the cop comes up to me and says "license, registration, and endorsement". License and registration, no prob...endorsement, nada. after hearing that, the officer walks back to his car, gets his ticket pad and walks back to be and says, get this "i could write you a ticket for the wheelie, which was really good by the way, i liked it, but im not going too, instead, im going to give you a ticket for not having an endorsement"(apparently you can be taken to jail for that). well after searching for a minute the cop comes back over to me and says, "son, it's your lucky day, i dont seem to have a black ink pen, and being that i dont have a black ink pen, i can't write you a ticket". And so with speeding, wreckless driving, and no endorsment he still let me off the hook! we could use a few more cops like that....lol
What is an endorsment?
Old 09-05-2003, 04:43 PM

just keeping the thread alive...
Old 09-05-2003, 06:16 PM

JKewLr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
its like a learners permit for bikes. i have one i cant ride passangers i just have to pass the road test which should be easy enough just dont seem to find time.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

ridesurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Got stopped this morning on the way to work. coming off the highway doing like 130 and I'm just learning wheelies so i pulled this stand-up that was weak at best on the next street and not two seconds later i hear'em and i look back, bike cop so no taking off but no insurance... so i stop and he comes up and does the whole question thing and i give him my "story" no mention of anything yet. I don't want to ask which he saw or if he saw both. For one it's automatic impound if your double over the Speed limit. so he comes up and says i am giving you a fix-it ticket for not carrying your Registration, no plate , and no mirrors. then he's like and i am not going to give you a ticket for the moving violation and i wanted to say which one? but as he's leaving he says keep that front wheel down on the public streets.

So bike cops... they have their moments. F the rest of'em
Old 09-05-2003, 07:48 PM

boner is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheelied past two cops in the past two weeks. The first time i was getting on the highway, riding a wheelie on the entrance ramp, and as i set it down to switch lanes, i see a state trooper. I stay in my lane cause there is an exit to the interstate, and sure enough he whips over behind me. Didn't do anything till we got off the entrance ramp and onto the interstate. Then the lights came on. I kicked it down a gear and burned *** up to about 170 mph. He just turned em off, so i turned around and passed him in a wheelie going the other way.

Nextel DC - 140*34*213

funny ****
Old 09-05-2003, 07:50 PM

boner is an unknown quantity at this point
thats not my story up there i was trying to qoute " robinsok "

Quick Reply: I got my first wheelie ticket tonight!!! Post your stories too!!