binder is getting better...but still need help parking 12's

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 12:22 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
binder is getting better...but still need help parking 12's

Ok, i've been practicing hard. I got some small combo's down, i have the boston strangler (one of my favs now), i'm getting taller and taller with my gansta and heel clickers, and i'm rocking some coasters and dragging tail.

here's my demila, i need tips on coasters, i still suck at them, also parking 12's.

I was 12ing in first and slowing down, i get the tail on the ground and i can't get it parked. What are some tips? I have a video but my computer hates me tonight so i'll get it up tomorrow.

thanks for all your help guys, i know you stunt pimps can give me some tips and also let me know what i'm doing wrong when i get my video up.

edit: here is the videos

My first try at parking

me scraping the bar

trying to park and losing the bike
Old 08-22-2003, 12:39 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
pull in the clutch
Old 08-22-2003, 03:31 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by MikeM
pull in the clutch
took the words outta my mouth....

And what is a demila?
Old 08-22-2003, 06:32 AM
back in the saddle again

i pulled the clutch in right before i stepped off the back and started walking.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:46 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hit the bar and jump off the back and hope for the best
Old 08-22-2003, 09:54 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
coast it onto the bar, instead of hitting the bar on just throttle. makes it choppy. Ease is back onto the bar & drag that be-atch down the road.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:20 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
No Shiat man !! I need help as well.
So far I am 5 for 5.
5 12 attempts, 5 scrapes and 5 crashes !!!
I think I am gonna encase my bike in foam.
Cheers
SK
Old 08-22-2003, 10:28 AM

Ridin Disorder is an unknown quantity at this point
get the bike up, ease it back onto the bar and if you wanna ride on it leave the clutch out and just use your body to balance if you wanna park it do the same thing but pull in the clutch..smurf if the bike is starts to wobble on the way up don't try touching, only do it if everything is smooth cuz that is what killed me the first time, i didn't crash or drop the bike but i ended up in the woods
Old 08-22-2003, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by Ridin Disorder
get the bike up, ease it back onto the bar and if you wanna ride on it leave the clutch out and just use your body to balance if you wanna park it do the same thing but pull in the clutch..smurf if the bike is starts to wobble on the way up don't try touching, only do it if everything is smooth cuz that is what killed me the first time, i didn't crash or drop the bike but i ended up in the woods
I'll give it a try !! Last night I was on a mission to just prove I could do it again so I think you are right I was easing it back whether the bike was straight or not.
MORE CONTROL !!!
Cheers
SK
Old 08-22-2003, 06:12 PM
back in the saddle again

ok, what are tips about keeping it stable on the bar?

i can ease it nicely onto the bar but i'm scared to keep it there for fear of it gettin wobbly. what are some tips on keeping it stable and tips on what to do if it starts to wobble, like abort paths and stuff.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:53 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I practiced getting it slow before I started parking. Clutch it up high, keep going back. Once its past bp, I pull the clutch and lean all the way back. I give the brake a quick tap so it doesnt hit hard. Then you just jump off the back, and pull backwards on the bars while you're running along behind the bike.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:06 PM
back in the saddle again

well, i practiced more tonight and i tried getting my leg back in the 12 bar. that thing is tricky. It snaps up real quick. I'm slowly learning back on that.

Anyways, i got it to drag out and i was so close a couple times to parking. The last time i got it down, slowed down jumepd off and it started fallin so i ghost rid the bike and it went down the road..thank god it landed on the wheels from 12 instead of smashing on the side. after htat i took a break.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:59 AM
back in the saddle again

My first try at parking

me scraping the bar

trying to park and losing the bike

there you go
Old 08-23-2003, 01:57 AM

Hey Binder, great clips man !!
I actually was able to learn a few things from you !!
In my books you are actually doing great !! Just remember back to the dayz where you just wished you could scrape !
It will all come with time and practice.
I'll grab some video of my 12'z this weekend, that should make you feel better ....lol
Cheers
SK
Old 08-23-2003, 06:05 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont jump off the bike...ride it till its parked much more gangsta...more stable too!
Old 08-23-2003, 07:59 AM
back in the saddle again

thanks for the comments and the help...i'm gonna keep working on them. so far i've been working for like 2-3 hours a night. I'm getting sore but i'm getting tons better in only a couple days.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by roc1
Dont jump off the bike...ride it till its parked much more gangsta...more stable too!
Good tip !! I'm pretty sure I am trying to step off it to quick.
Cheers
SK
Old 08-23-2003, 10:57 AM
bp chaser

I just thought of another tip. After you jump off, if the bike starts wobbling, step on the bar, and put all your weight on it.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:20 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
yeah, when tryin' to drag that bee-otch to a stop - lean off the back. puts more weight on the bar & makes it nice & stable. u'll know right away if its gonna wabble or if its gonna let you ride it to a stop.

lookin good.
Old 08-23-2003, 12:45 PM

JAVIER is an unknown quantity at this point
BINDER IF THE BAR IS TO FAR FROM THE TAIL THE BIKE IS NOT GOING TO BE TO STABLE.MAKE IT SHORTER.LIKE MY BOY KYLE SAY PRACTIES MAKE PERFET

Quick Reply: binder is getting better...but still need help parking 12's