newbie cbr900

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 AM

96fireblade is a decent person
newbie cbr900

hey whats goin on everyone im gerry. im new on stuntlife. a few months ago i decided i wanted to start stunting. sold my 05 r6 and picked up a 96 cbr900 and pocketed the rest of the cash for stunt parts and bills. its naked but frames straight and motor runs strong. iv got a few qustions about cages. SI makes a cage for 250 that i think im gonna pick up but does anyone know if SI cages are hard on the 900s motor mounts like some of the other cages out there? iv got another question about my wiring harness. what do most of you guys do to hide the wiring on your stunt bike with no front fairing?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 AM

Re: newbie cbr900

heres a pic of what im working with
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-27_13.32.29.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	245259  
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM

SALTY is a decent person

i dont own a 900 so i cant say much for the cage, but few people complain about S.I. Hiding wires is a bit of a tricky issue. For me I just stuffed everything behind my frame and under my tank. There is plenty of empty space to hide wires. Just unplug and start shoving **** around. avoid hot spots where the wires may melt. (ZIP TIES ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND). but I've got an F2 so wasnt that much. For your bike you may need to carefully shorten your wires and resolder shorter lengths, that is, if your patient, skilled, and you've got the ******* of an elephant. <---- I dont reccomend this. but legit guys do it. lol goodluck.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Go with the 905 Cage... I've pancacked mine plenty and she held
up nicley, as for the wires I just zip tied mine right behind my Light
There is room other places if your not going to put a light on there...

I Also ran an extra 1/2-3/4qt of oil in it... (they tend to spin the
crank bearings if starved for oil when in long wheelies.

Not to bad lookin 900
Old 01-30-2012, 09:36 PM

yea shes really clean. tank is primed just needs paint but thats the last thing on the list right now. i see your a 900 fan as well. im very impressed with this bike for its age and the thing seems like a tank. always been a honda fan lol
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

I've had 3 of them... 95 900RR was my
first stunter and just love them, Now going to the 929

But I see myself buying a minty 900 in the near future...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM

shottisimo is a decent person

that 900 looks good!!! like the others said stuff the wires behind a light if your going to put one on. I can't say anything for the cage. I use tyger shark.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:09 PM

thanks fellas. i got her for 1300 bucks! im just gonna stuff the harness under the tank because the only time i plan on using the headlight is for the ride over to the lot then its coming off. any tips for the tank dent on 900???
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Administrators

Not the Prettiest but It worked...

I started by doing an Acid Drop on it and then used a Rubber mallet
started at the cap and worked my way out...

Name:  index.php.png
Views: 23
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  TANK.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  17.5 KB
Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 PM

SALTY is a decent person

Do you just beat it with the rubber mallet itself? Or do you use cardboard in between the tank and hammer or a towel to prevent pinches or something like that? Cuz I'm looking to dent my tank soon too!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Administrators

I did mine with just a rubber mallet... take your time and you'll be fine
Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 PM

Sfighter900 is a decent person

cbr900= good stunt bike IMO. it comes up with ease.
i have 97 cbr900 as well and all the wiring harness i just hid it where the engine block is under the tank..