F4i Sprocket size help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 PM

chino17 is a decent person
F4i Sprocket size help

Hey Guys, i tried doing a search on this but the opinions are so different that I am totally confused. Here is the deal. I am new to stunting bikes. On the other hand I can stunt my quad with no problem. I can do everything on it. Now , I bought an f4i just for parking lot stunting with 61 tooth sprocket. I tried it last weekend but the thing is so twitchy on the throttle its just driving me crazy . If i let off the throttle a little, it feels like I slammed on the rear brake (due to the engine braking) and the bike comes down quick. I am thinking of going down to a 55 or 56 tooth on the rear. Do you guys think this will make a big difference or should I just try on second gear
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 PM

gizmostunter is a decent person
Re: F4i Sprocket size help

i have a 62 tooth sprocket and it is just right for me my buddy has the same and does great what i do believe your problem is is that you need to turn your idle up, if you try stunting in a lot going slow when you let off the throttle a little and you don't have the idle up it will immediately come down i would try that before i did anything, def don't do it in 2nd and if you had a smaller gear it would be even harder hopefully this will help you
Old 05-25-2011, 11:53 PM

chino17 is a decent person

OK Thank you I will do that. I already turn up the idle but maybe im not turning it high enough. The bike does not have any gauges so its hard to tell how high i am on the idle. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it works next time i go practice.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM

gizmostunter is a decent person

cool, i'd say if you can maybe listen to another bike to see what it sounds like around 4000 rpms is roughly were you need to be for learning give or take a few hopefully will do you some good and remember balance point is alot different on a bike from a quad you will hopefully soon find that out