airbox mod for 05/06 636?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Ecuprys636 is a decent person
Thumbs down airbox mod for 05/06 636?

bike barfed oil all over and had to do a tear down from having it at 12 while running....oil in heads, box, everywhere....heard theres a clean air box mod for the 2005/2006 636.....anybody know how its done so i can avoid doing this again?

thanx eric
Old 05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: airbox mod for 05/06 636?

just bypass the air box and disable the air valve on top of your valve cover then block off the two holes left in your air box ..

connect the big hose coming out of your crankcase that goes to the air box with the big hose coming out of your air box that goes to the air valve ..

leave the air valve but disable it so it stays open and acts like a t valve or you can just replace ot with a plastic t valve ..

heres a pic of an 03 that should help you

pull hose A off at the T and put a small screw in the hose. you can leave the port open.

pull hose B off at the T and at the airbox, pull hose C off at the motor and at the airbox. Replace them with 2ft of 1/2" heater hose and it should look like they do in the pic connected by the red.

plug the holes left in your airbox

THATS IT. NOTHING MORE.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:31 PM

sweet thanks so much man....now ill be able to keep her at 12 while running and so on without oil barfing all over and going in the box and heads? where does the excess oil go if its connected to the what i think is the smog covers?
Old 05-10-2011, 04:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Ecuprys636
sweet thanks so much man....now ill be able to keep her at 12 while running and so on without oil barfing all over and going in the box and heads? where does the excess oil go if its connected to the what i think is the smog covers?
it will be routed directly to your exhaust ports via one way reed valves that are in the valve cover itself ..

keep your oil level up to the top line no higher and you shouldnt have any more problems , worse case scenario after you do this mod is a bunch of smoke harmlessly pouring out your exhaust if you leave the bike on the bar too long ..
Old 05-10-2011, 04:55 PM

ok sounds great....thank u again....saved me alot of headache....now just to get all the oil out of the heads and change the plugs.....i heard i gotta start it and bubble it out pretty much....thanks again
Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Ecuprys636
ok sounds great....thank u again....saved me alot of headache....now just to get all the oil out of the heads and change the plugs.....i heard i gotta start it and bubble it out pretty much....thanks again
just pull the plugs and crank it over and hope you didnt already do damage
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Joewilly08 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
it will be routed directly to your exhaust ports via one way reed valves that are in the valve cover itself ..

keep your oil level up to the top line no higher and you shouldnt have any more problems , worse case scenario after you do this mod is a bunch of smoke harmlessly pouring out your exhaust if you leave the bike on the bar too long ..
Shouldn't this even eleiminate that?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Joewilly08
Shouldn't this even eleiminate that?
no the bucket in the valve cover that the reed valves sit in are ported to the exhaust so any oil that comes from the crankcase vent will go straight out your exhaust instead of into your air box
Old 06-02-2011, 12:18 PM

Guy636 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey rodger I havent been riding as much as I used to for the last few years. I bought an 05 to replace my worn 04 did the kleen air mod and now when i'm circling it will smoke or even straight line will do it have double checked everything but its all done right. I never ran the mod on my 04 and never had an issue all I would have to do is empty my pill bottle res. every hour or so in the lot. I know your the 636 guru to ask any ideas on what to check or could my valve just not be fully sealed
Old 06-02-2011, 03:10 PM
also known as OMR

sounds like you have too much oil in the bike