New to the culture & curious..

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Lifted & learning.

jmlefazeslifted is a decent person
Question New to the culture & curious..

Yo knuckleheads!! First my formal salutation, some background info, some quick questions, then you're back to browsing & learning. ( Or downloading & filling harddrive after harddrive with high quality ****. Whatever you prefer.)

I've been riding street for 2 yrs going on 3, I've had a variety of bikes and I've always had an interest in stunting or freestyle. I'm currently riding a 2004 Yamaha Fz6 with a little over 12000 miles but its been dropped numerous times by the previous owner. The frame and some casings are scratched and it's stripped naked. She pulls really hard though...

I've been practicing my wheelies and I've gotten the front to lighten pretty good but it seems hard to find a balance point. Maybe it's my skill or lack of? Maybe it's the bike I'm learning with?

I've recently come across the sweet opportunity to jump on a 2002 f4i with 11000 miles and evidently has never been dropped. Would it be worth possibly destroying a cherry bike if it'll help me learn easier? I plan on caging it out and sticking with stock gears for now like with my fz6.
The dude wants 4300 cash for it... so...

Stick with the fz6 and force myself to learn? Pick up the f4i?

Please any comments or questions are greatly appreciated!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: New to the culture & curious..

fuel injected bikes are better for stunting but you can stunt a carbed bike , if you decide to get the f4i keep in mind you will be crashing so take all the pretty parts off and stick them in the closet while youre learning
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Lifted & learning.

Greetings OMR, thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my post.

Surprisingly the fz6 is FI! She's just a detuned version of r6 with an upright seat, undertail exhaust, & motorcross handlebars.

I planned on stripping the f4i down to streetfighter but should I just use the fz6 or look for a cheaper f4i?

One thing I've been considering is the lack of parts for the fx6 & the abundance for it's competitor.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Many questions can be answered in the help and how to section
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...ing-basic.html

4300 is way too much for an 02 F4i btw
O and that is just the wheelie link there are many other links for the many questions you will have
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Lifted & learning.

Thanks for the redirect Playa. I had a feeling it was too much as well but he's the original owner and the bike is very very clean with multiple new & factory parts that include tires, computer, fuel pump, & fuel regulator. It's still not worth it is it? Maybe I'm just trying to make a reason to get this bike?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if the yamaha is already a beater then why not do your learning on it ?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Lifted & learning.

I really have considered it but the factory race rails Yamaha makes will not tolerate the repeated abuse.

I've done searches for cages for the fz6 but they've been inconclusive. Basically there's no protection for my bike and I don't think it'll last long. That's the only reason why I'm considering getting something else.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 PM

oset05 is a decent person

talk him down to 4k. f4i is the way to go for a beginner build like tank parts are cheap and easy to come by just get a good cage and all the mods and all you have to worry about will be tires and oil change at least most of the time lol.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jmlefazeslifted
I really have considered it but the factory race rails Yamaha makes will not tolerate the repeated abuse.

I've done searches for cages for the fz6 but they've been inconclusive. Basically there's no protection for my bike and I don't think it'll last long. That's the only reason why I'm considering getting something else.
you dont know any one that could make you a cage locally ?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 AM

omr i think he might be able to fit a r6 cage if it is a detuned version of the r6 it might take some mod to the cage im sure is possible but it seem like he's got heart set on the f4i lol
Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Lifted & learning.

@ oset05 I'm seriously considering taking him 4000 cash in small bills and I'm sure I can ride it home.. I think its a good price considering popularity, availability, and he's put some time and money in it. I remember it having chrome rims, and a D&D slip on.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 AM

bro go for it you wont regret it just make sure the engine runs good. get a decent cage and any questions you may have after wards im willing to help you out i know mine in and out.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Lifted & learning.

Originally Posted by old man roger
you dont know any one that could make you a cage locally ?
Unfortunately no, and the closest guy that can doesn't have access to an fz6 for mock up. I have seen custom cages built for this bike though, so it is possible and is a very viable suggestion. I'll have to research more but just asking around at local sportbike shops didn't yield anything promising.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
also known as OMR

im sure you could find a fully set up f4i for waaaaaay less than $4000

if you buy a mint f4i for $4000 then buy a cage then buy a chain and sprokets then buy a 12 bar then buy a subcage then buy a hand brake then buy a damper then buy a ....well you get the idea right ? lol
Old 04-26-2011, 11:24 AM

omr has a point. check this one out!

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/462...tup-f4i-w.html
Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 AM

just an example of what you can find for the prize
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Lifted & learning.

I had looked at some bikes for sale here on the forums so the thought has crossed my mind and continues to do so. The other one that keeps popping up is, knowing that a bike has already been set up, it has also more than likely been tossed around a bit. In that case, I can only hope the upgrades used were of better to best quality and the structural integrity hasn't been compromised, yet. Realistically, who knows what we do to our bikes right? (This comment might come back to haunt me and my rationale..)

Whereas, if I were to get the minty, that I've actually had the chance to inspect and test ride, I feel I would have a better judgement as to it's wear and tear, and quality of parts going into it. From my basic research, I've learned that it can be quite costly but, in this case I feel it's more than worth it when it comes down to withstanding and reliability.

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong because I've never actually gone through the process of tearing up something this expensive for the sake of learning, in this sport it's inevitable though right? I do greatly appreciate the feedback, apart for the always fulfilling spam, I feel you have both helped me understand everything more. I'm going to keep shopping around for now and continue to weigh my options. If only it were a more popular sport where I'm from... I'm sure I could find the right deal on a great beginner banger..
Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM

Ok, I will put it bluntly.. IF YOU PAY $4000.00 FOR AN F4i YOU ARE HIGH!! save ur dough so you can buy neat stuff like,,,,https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/464...-omr.html:yeah
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Ok that link didnt work try again ,,https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/464...odels-omr.html
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM

06_636 is a decent person

get a f4i lot bike for 2k...learn, beat the hell out of it, then sell it to someone else to do the same thing and build a pretty stunter!!!

Quick Reply: New to the culture & curious..