First stunt day ( busted my ass ) haha

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Stunnnerdayz

erlinrys is a decent person
First stunt day ( busted my *** ) haha

Day one Session/101: 6:32pm ( eastern time )

It all started in the stunt lot in elk-ridge MD. ( one of DMVs, ' Bmorex stunt lot ) I am used to wheeling my 2007 GSXR 1000. I ride those wheelies and know the balance point to that bike. I recently purchased a 2005 R6. It is equipped with a cage, hand brake,63 teeth sprocket ( i know its in the 60's ) 12 0'clock bar, throttle adjuster ( cant recall the scientific stunt name for it ) pretty much stunt ready. All the work has been done by cycles ( in silver spring MD, Owner; Jeremy ) and professionally done,NO Ghetto ****!

Let me tell you guys who want to stunt ( rookies and beginners ) you need " ***** " because once you start getting familiar with the balance point, you'll feel as if your gonna fall back. It is a huge difference between a gsxr1000 and a R6 ( stunt ready ) It took me many tries before i can experience the balance point. Once I told myself " **** it " If I fall; Ill fall,

I started bringing up the bike in first gear at 15mph; After so many tries ( we are still in day 1 ) I was able to bring the bike up in a slow speed ( 15-20mph ). Let me tell you bringing it up in first gear in a 600 years, I was able to experiencing the balance point which feels as if your about to slip back.

Once I Got used to clutching it up and taking to its balanced point, I was no longer in fear to falling.. Well, guess what? I did a 12 0'clock on the bike and flipped it. ( cage went lose and something is wrong it my throttle and the adjuster )

I personally think I had a good session for being the first day. But the only issue I experiencing was when i dropped the bike. The big screw in the cage broke ( from the socket side ( the long screw ) and one broke off. My cage has some plastic cover on the cage that is hard to take out, any ideas on how i can take it off easily??

I need help in adjusting the throttle back to normal and on taking that freaking plastic piece from the cage.. ( check out the pic ) Please HELP, I am ready to stunt that bike out again tomorrow but gotta fix it.. The right way... HELP HELP HELP....
THanks

P.s. What do I do in order to ride the wheelies out for awhile? I got the balance point on check, but any suggestions on what can help me ride the wheelie longer?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0678.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	243595  

Last edited by erlinrys; 03-12-2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: picture
Old 03-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Stunnnerdayz

erlinrys is a decent person
Re: First stunt day ( busted my *** ) haha

Originally Posted by erlinrys
Day one Session/101: 6:32pm ( eastern time )

It all started in the stunt lot in elk-ridge MD. ( one of DMVs, ' Bmorex stunt lot ) I am used to wheeling my 2007 GSXR 1000. I ride those wheelies and know the balance point to that bike. I recently purchased a 2005 R6. It is equipped with a cage, hand brake,63 teeth sprocket ( i know its in the 60's ) 12 0'clock bar, throttle adjuster ( cant recall the scientific stunt name for it ) pretty much stunt ready. All the work has been done by cycles ( in silver spring MD, Owner; Jeremy ) and professionally done,NO Ghetto ****!

Let me tell you guys who want to stunt ( rookies and beginners ) you need " ***** " because once you start getting familiar with the balance point, you'll feel as if your gonna fall back. It is a huge difference between a gsxr1000 and a R6 ( stunt ready ) It took me many tries before i can experience the balance point. Once I told myself " **** it " If I fall; Ill fall,

I started bringing up the bike in first gear at 15mph; After so many tries ( we are still in day 1 ) I was able to bring the bike up in a slow speed ( 15-20mph ). Let me tell you; bringing it up in first gear in a 600 is no joke, I was able to experiencing the balance point which feels as if your about to slip back. Once I Got used to clutching it up and taking to its balanced point, I was no longer in fear to falling.. Well, guess what? I did a 12 0'clock on the bike and flipped it. ( cage went lose and something is wrong it my throttle and the adjuster )

I personally think I had a good session for being the first day. But the only issue I experiencing was when i dropped the bike. The big screw in the cage broke ( from the socket side ( the long screw ) and one broke off. My cage has some plastic cover on the cage that is hard to take out, any ideas on how i can take it off easily??

I need help in adjusting the throttle back to normal and on taking that freaking plastic piece from the cage.. ( check out the pic ) Please HELP, I am ready to stunt that bike out again tomorrow but gotta fix it.. The right way... HELP HELP HELP....
THanks

P.s. What do I do in order to ride the wheelies out for awhile? I got the balance point on check, but any suggestions on what can help me ride the wheelie longer?

Day 2/stunt101

About noon time today ( 3-12-11 ) I began fixing the damages I did to my bike. I was able to take the plastic cover off the cage, and the long screw from the frame...This is my first time I work on this bike...( the beginning of my stunt life haha ) Once I removed the cage, It seemed as it was custom made. The welding on the cage doesn't seem like it was professional done; but the cage looks as it can have potential.

Once I removed the cage, the welding broke off from tahe bottom ( around the headers; right arm side ) I was able to slide the cage out. The cage came off and it will get professionally welded by a friend that is certified. The only issue that I have now is that, I have a bolt screw that has broken inside the frame. ( Ill get it out tomorrow )

I worked on a couple of things on the bike, the throttle issue was figured out and fixed. cleaned up the wiring inside the passenger rear seat, and added extra support where the battery sits along with some fuses. But I am having a problem with my clutch adjustments response. My friend adjusted the lever ( tighten up ) and it at times it gives me a slow response. HELP??HELP???HELP??haha Ill try fixing it tomorrow as of now, I have no idea, but ill fix itHaha