Gixxer 750 (stunter in training)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 05:07 PM

BullFlexx is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt get a 750 for your 1st bike, its a lot of power to handle if youre just learning. Grab a crunchy 600. suzuki, honda, yamaha it dont matter if you just want something to play around on. You can learn on anything, waste your money on a beat up street bike, you dont need to learn on the dirt.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:32 PM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
xr50s are cheap and it seems all stunters are using them to highten skills plus they are fun

and I'd say 750 is too much of a bike for your first but do what ya want, just be careful if you go with the 750
Old 08-09-2003, 11:44 PM

gixxer750rider will become famous soon enough
get a pocket bike or a little ysr 50
Old 08-10-2003, 12:36 AM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
dont matter what ya get as long as you are respoinsible...a 750 is fine as long as you know to not rip the throttle everythime you get on it.its only as fast as you make it...
Old 08-10-2003, 03:35 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
Kinda Long, no, really long

I am new to the stunt world but I say no. In my opinion I think if you have never ridden or don't have much experience a 600 would be more than powerful enough. In fact it may scare you for a bit til you get the hang of it. Don't some of you guys remember when you rode your first big bike and the power was scary fast. Well, he hasn't even ridden. Anything (600) will be scary fast for him for now I think. I think he should get the hang of how to ride for a bit and then try to get some stuntin down. I have been in too many situations and got chewed up and could have been worse if I would have choked up. If he chokes due to lack of experience the bike would be finished and he could be hurt badly or even worse, ya know? I know a kid (my friend as we were young then) that got a ZX 9 and I told him otherwise. He said he would take it slow and it'll be fine. But a lot of youngsters, even when I rode, though I was doin fine then BAM, what happened. I have to many stories. This kid destroyed the ZX-7R broke his shoulder, his arm, both ankles, and got road rash from shoulder to booty including his hands and arms. I asked him what happened. He said "Oh I was going around the overpass to get on another freeway and as he was cornering the bike just kept sucking him toward the ground and he couldn't pick it back up and just laid her down". Simply in my eyes lack of experience. Trying to master the basics and not even trying to do tricks will give them enough to handle for a while. I can go on with at least 7 other stories with the same outcome from bikes even smaller, a few in my head mostly 600's (My brother got f***ed up trying to ride an EX 500 for the 1st time, for him bikes are out, forever) . I may be slow at the stunt game but I have been riding sportbikes for some 11yrs or so I guess (from friends letting me ride their old skool bikes like this hurricane my older bros friend let me try, starting at 14, from time to time) and am just now getting a large bike (750-1000) in the next few to try some stunts. Alot of it had to do with lack of cash.

To make a long story short, I say do like the other folks said and get a beater 600 because your not trying to look good for now, you are trying to learn, and master the hell out of it. Not to mention you'll save alot of money initially and down the line. Then just apply those skills later when you buy a more advanced bike and you can actually enjoy it as you already know how to really ride. I forget who said this but I heard it from a biker at least 12 yrs ago and he said "When you first start to learn on a street bike ride the bike for at least a year to get your skills down and then come back to me and tell me how many times you have made a mistake on it or have come close" And I stopped by the old man from time to time when I was in high school and told him of all the crazy things I have encountered including a hit and run that was later dropped. I tried like all hell to get away on that ol' ex 500..But anyways, these are the bikes I have had and only street bikes. When I was 13 I bought an Honda Aero 50 scooter til the cops got it. Then I got my first bike that had gears at 15 1/2 which was an ugly '72 Honda CB 550(yes 1972) which I had for a while in 9th grade. Then I forget the age and all that but I had after that in order a EX500 (been down before I bought it but went down many more after it was mine), Sabre 750 shaft driven(comfortable but hated not having a chain and it being weak), then a '88 Katana 600, then a '89 600R, friend wrecked it and got another '90 600R, '92 FZR 600 (sold it to another friend and he wrecked it), spent some cash from it and had to settle for aa '89 CBR 600 Hurricane (sold that to a diff. friend and his friend wrecked it and he bought a 900RR and wrecked that one trying to be cool for the ladies), then I bought my 94 ZX6(tried to wheelie it but wouldn't get much higher than 1.5ft for me), and sold it for my 93 GSXR 1100 which needs a head due to my mechanic (long friggen story)....And here I am. Waiting to get a 02 GSXR 750 in the next few weeks....
Wait it out, take your time on a downed bike any 600, and then progess in time......It's 2:35 and I am going to have another brew and I'm out......
LATER
Old 08-10-2003, 08:01 PM

mikelocal12 is an unknown quantity at this point
that was some post
Old 08-10-2003, 11:58 PM

LILSTUNTER03 is an unknown quantity at this point
what ever u do dont get a pocketbike for stunnin cause they are made for speed not stunnin
Old 08-11-2003, 01:48 PM

orange73gt is an unknown quantity at this point
That had to be the longest post ever!!!please never do that again...It was like your life story.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:00 PM

grump is an unknown quantity at this point
my first bike was a 750 the one i got know, i say it all depends how mature you are. i've drop it twice, both in the driveway. no biggy, frame sliders but if your too much in a hurry to start stuntin' i would go with anything that would hurt my feelings if i heared it crunch.....i stunt a little at a time, a little higher til i feel comfortable with it and then push a little more, so if you respect to power and always have a pic in your head of what you look like spread on the street you'll be ok, i think, lol
Old 08-12-2003, 02:26 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about
My bad Orange73

Hey, my bad for making it a bit long. I had 1 to many brewskies that night and fingers started talking like I was right next to the guy. One thing though, if it'll save a life in the crazy sport we love, it's well worth it . Not to mentin give me and you a better name than we've got from all those who already hate on us............
Old 08-12-2003, 01:46 PM

SweetPea is an unknown quantity at this point
Same **** differant Day

12 pink Ok I'am in training too and I got a gixxer 600 it's not much difference ya steel go have a cluch and brake on any bike. It's how comfortable you are while doing it.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
One, know your limits... Two, invest in some crash protection(cage, 12 bar, extended sliders-etc)... Three, Always wear your gear... Four, read as much info as you can... Five, practice as much as possible and never over step your limits.

Start off with baby steps and work your way up. You gotta learn how to crawl before you walk

Here's some good info. This guy right here is pretty sick. Rodg from C.C.
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=16112
Old 08-12-2003, 02:10 PM

NoStunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by orange73gt
That had to be the longest post ever!!!please never do that again...It was like your life story.
Yea, was it any good? (to long to read )
Old 08-12-2003, 02:16 PM

orange73gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Bikerboy. No stunner....it was a very nice post indeed.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:29 PM

korno is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a 600 f4i for my first bike it had alot of power even the big boys on the bigger bikes say it has great power i learned little **** l;ike going fast stopping quik i know it sounds gay but then i started doing little wheelies and i couldnt do anythng else so i asked around after i felt comfortable enough on my bike and everyone said go with sprockets so i did -1/+5 and i love my bike so much i can do slow wheelies 12 do most tricks in second and bounce it in third go forever on it drop it down at a buck10 no problem so a little bike in the beginning go with sprockets then after go to a big bike but thats my opinion hope i helped somewhat but whatever u get becareful
Old 08-22-2003, 11:53 PM

bler is an unknown quantity at this point
starting on a smaller bike ~250cc-500cc will make you a better 'rider'..

if you want to stunt, i'd go with a early 90's 600cc..

some people can stunt, some can ride.. few can do both

Quick Reply: Gixxer 750 (stunter in training)