Can't get my F4i to start!!! WTF

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 02:43 PM

jhan r6 is a decent person
Re: Can't get my F4i to start!!! WTF

-Battery should be okay cuz I tried 2 differents now. Same buzzing sound. Any chance it could be the starter???? Im gonna try to push start it today and see if it turns over.. That might give me a better idea..

- I sure hope the motor isnt locked up! Just bought it... But I doubt it is.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by smokeymcpot
it might work. i had a similar problem with a bike. sometimes when frames are painted the grounds are bad. pull out a bolt grind paint off and ground it out. hope it works bro

Correct me if Im wrong but theres one terminal cable coming from the starter to the starter relay to the battry's positive and the other is ground which is on the engine/block itself which goes to the battery's negative directly. So could it possibly be the connection point on the engine or battery???
Old 09-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Just tried push starting it and the motor turned over but didnt start. This would be the firs time ever for me starting this thing..
Old 09-04-2010, 12:06 AM

smokeymcpot is a decent person

i had an f2 so im not too sure for the f4i. on my f2 there was a second ground to the frame fro the regulator/rectifier. try making a connection frm the engine block ground to the frame to the neg batt. other then that i cant realy think of anything else bro
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 AM

BiLLyThaKidd is a decent person

<---- hates electrical

Always gives me a headache :-(
Old 09-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Got it started after about 6 pushes!! Motor runs like a champ with knocks or anything.. Smooooothe.. But wont start without bei g push started. Smae buzzing noise when i try to start with the start button only.. !????
Old 09-04-2010, 01:07 PM

BiLLyThaKidd is a decent person

You definitely don't have a wire hooked up right I'd chase all your ign. / starter/ main fuse wires that's the thing with Honda one little thing not hooked up and it'll run like **** get it right and it's bullet proof!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Cool thanks guys!! Im just happy the motor runs syrong. I'll tear it down and double check all wires!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Still wont start unless u push start it. The buzzing sound os actually coming from the relay next to the battery. The positive wire coming into the terminal is getting hot to the touch wen trying to start the bike from start button. Also i dont think its a ground issue becuz i tried grounding at a different spot on the frame. All wires looke to be pluged in properly with no damage. Could it be the starter? The relay? Any ideas??
Old 09-10-2010, 06:00 PM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

Originally Posted by jhan r6
Still wont start unless u push start it. The buzzing sound os actually coming from the relay next to the battery. The positive wire coming into the terminal is getting hot to the touch wen trying to start the bike from start button. Also i dont think its a ground issue becuz i tried grounding at a different spot on the frame. All wires looke to be pluged in properly with no damage. Could it be the starter? The relay? Any ideas??

the starter relay thinger mabobber proly burnt up. Happns to f4i's sometimes. Get another and it should be aight.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:14 AM

wyireyi is a decent person
Arrow Re: Can't get my F4i to start!!! WTF

Your satisfaction is our eternal pursuit.

( http://www.jorer.com )

We specialized in the exportation of sport shoes and other products(clothing, bag,sunglasses,watches,belts,etc )which have great enjoyed popularty in the world market Many of our goods are on sales ,we can guarantee the crediblity by Pay-pal and delivery time .we would like to make a long termship.

1)Name : The perfect gift.
2)Grade : AAA+
3)Package : in original boxes
4)Color : various
5)MOQ : 1 pc
6)Payment : Pay-pal/Western Union / Credit card/Moneygram
7)Ship-ping : 4-7 days with guarantee of customs clearance, drop shipp-ing is accepted to customers' demands.
8)Who-lesale: very low price, you can make a small order first to test quality and service.

( http://jorer.com )

Online Contact . thank you.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Just found an extra starter relay sitting in a box!! Gonna find out tonight if thats it!!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 PM

So i changed the relay and same ****! What are the signs of a bad starter??
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

usually before a starter completely ***** the bed you can give a smack while holding the start button , if this works then you need a starter
Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
usually before a starter completely ***** the bed you can give a smack while holding the start button , if this works then you need a starter
Smack as in bang on the starter while holding the start button?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep .
Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Turns out it was the starter! So its running now! But another issue came up. Seems there is pressure buildup. I noticed one small hose coming from the charcoal box wasnt hooked up so i plugged it into the bottom of the tank next to the fuel pump. Still some pressure build up. Im hearing it bubbling from the coolant resovoir and thru the radiator hose on the exhaust side of the bike. Btw - i had some spewing of liquid from the gas cap befor i plugged in the hose. Wasnt gas but water/coolant. Any ideas???
Old 09-15-2010, 01:59 AM
also known as OMR

coolant coming from the gas cap ??????????

did you hook the line that is supposed to go to the bottom of your coolant overflow bottle to you gas tank vent ?

there are two little hoses by your radiator cap , the top hose goes to the bottom of your coolant over flow bottle and i think the bottom one goes to your thermostat housing..
Old 09-24-2010, 12:20 AM

The hoses from the over flow look right. Something interesting happened today after taking the bike for the first time.. Rode for a couple miles and the bike started bogging when i hit the throttle.. Then i stopped and saw that my exhaust tip was on fire! Yes in fire!! A small flame was lit and so i started the bike and gave a couple revs am it was like a flame thrower.. So i shut off the bike and the flame slowly died out. WTF?? I must have a hose crossed somewhere right???
Old 09-24-2010, 01:23 AM
also known as OMR

it's either running super rich or you put premix gas in it ..lol

im still trying to figure out how you got coolant leaking from the gas cap only way i can see that happening is if you got the hose from the radiator connected to your overflow on the tank ..

Quick Reply: Can't get my F4i to start!!! WTF