crash cage

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 02:03 PM

blownupgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
crash cage

i have heard that they use steel for cash cages?????? i dont know cuz i dont have one but i think it would be better if they used something like titanium so it would be lighter and more durable tell me what u think about that
Old 08-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Regular StuntLifer

DieTrying is an unknown quantity at this point
mine's custom made out of steel, i dont notice the weight at all and its strong as hell
Old 08-05-2003, 02:15 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine is the FI cage and yes it is steel. I also notice the weight when its on the bike.....but gotta sacrifice something.
Cheers
SK
Old 08-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Titanium is expensive as hell!
For a 6' length of 5/8" Titanium bar it is $225. You would need twice that to make a cage 12'. that is $450 for materials alone!
Old 08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a fi cage on my f4i and a racing905 cage on my 750. the fi cage is steel and sticks out a ton. has some extended sliders. works good but cost 300. my 750 cage is made of chrome moly & only cost 250 and they picked up my bike from my door. a way better cage & looks clean as hell. they will custom paint them too. go to www.racing905.com for more info. talk to aaron & tell him your from stunlife. he will hook it up fat. maybe even throw in a 12 bar for free. both cages come off with 6 bolts but the 750 cage i can drag knee & not fall. this is the best cage ive ever seen
Old 08-05-2003, 06:03 PM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
lol. it's easy to follow the leader and we all know freestyle ingenuity did it first & does it best.
not to mention their extensive product line for many makes and models. extendid sliders, scrape bars & ofcorse the full cage with all replaceable parts even hardwere.
so while there figuring out ways to build old products, freestyle is buisy on the cutting edge of motorcycle technoligy.

that's www.freestyleingenuity.com thanks for your continued support!!!!
kyle woods

Old 08-05-2003, 06:10 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
And now back to you Connie

That sounded like an infomercial....
Old 08-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Kyle XXX
lol. it's easy to follow the leader and we all know freestyle ingenuity did it first & does it best.
not to mention their extensive product line for many makes and models. extendid sliders, scrape bars & ofcorse the full cage with all replaceable parts even hardwere.
so while there figuring out ways to build old products, freestyle is buisy on the cutting edge of motorcycle technoligy.

kyle woods

Well said bvrother Kyle! lol

Freestyle Ingenuity is also one of the BIGGEST supporters and promotors of StuntLife. Because of thier hard work, they help me pay my store bills month to month. A big thanks from me to Tim Barnes and his FI team.

Usless trivia: StuntLife is the largest Freestyle Ingenuity dealer in the world.

Thanks everyone for your support!

http://store.stuntlife.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=SP
Old 08-05-2003, 07:06 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Economics...

Looks like "Niner" nailed it on answering the original question. Titanium would raise the price on the cash cages enormously.

However, I have a feeling Freestyle Ingenuity may have a new competitor in the near future.

I love Tim Barnes, but we all knew that Freestyleingenuity would not be the only ones out there for ever. If that was the case, it would become a monopoly and the prices could be set to whatever. This is why every company needs a little competition in order to keep the prices fair for the consumers. I am in NO WAY stating that the current prices are unfair at the moment...just giving a bit of an economical approach to the matter.

Just think what life would be like with Home Depot and no Lowes, Mcdonalds with no Burger king, Ford with out Cheverlot, Honda with no Suzki, Etc. I am sure there are better examples, but it gives you an idea of what I am getting at. Friendly competition works out for both the consumers and the sellers in the long run.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Swurve is an unknown quantity at this point

kyle woods

They may be the first ones to do it but I have seen both the FI cages and the Racing 905 cages and its no contest when it comes to quality, durability and overall protection of ones ride, Racing 905 takes it. Racing 905 is a Cali company and are still blowing up, but lets not let sponsorship or financial support cloud our eyes so much that we make claims such as "..we all know freestyle ingenuity...does it the best".
Old 08-05-2003, 07:34 PM

verry good point ! how about 905 sends me a cage for a 900 and i'll get a new one from freestyle, i'll crash 2 diffrent bikes the same way & video the turnout? pm me for contest details, and till next time
Old 08-05-2003, 07:39 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
verry good point ! how about 905 sends me a cage for a 900 and i'll get a new one from freestyle, i'll crash 2 diffrent bikes the same way & video the turnout? pm me for contest details, and till next time
Thats a good idea dude. Video tape that **** too.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:41 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Never heard of Racing 905....

Originally posted by Swurve
They may be the first ones to do it but I have seen both the FI cages and the Racing 905 cages and its no contest when it comes to quality, durability and overall protection of ones ride, Racing 905 takes it. Racing 905 is a Cali company and are still blowing up, but lets not let sponsorship or financial support cloud our eyes so much that we make claims such as "..we all know freestyle ingenuity...does it the best".
Possibly true, but there are new fish in the sea and plenty of open water to be shared .
Old 08-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Hahaha...I see you angle ...if you get out to Cali i'm sure that can be arranged, seriously...if your coming out to SoCal, PM me and I'll line it up...
Old 08-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Deal...I just talked to Racing 905 and they said they will do it...I need to know what year 900rr you have and if you're rocking stock engine cases or aftermarket. Also do you have fairings?
Old 08-05-2003, 07:56 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
yo i gotta see this. cuz i know the 905 cages are the ****! ive got em both & the 905 wont *** up the frame as bad! things like this are only goin to help the sport progress. well get this thing set up. i know aaron from 905 said he would do it. thanks kyle for helpin get this company started. i know youre goin to be happy with the results.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:08 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Economics...

Originally posted by RedlineJimmy
Looks like "Niner" nailed it on answering the original question. Titanium would raise the price on the cash cages enormously.

However, I have a feeling Freestyle Ingenuity may have a new competitor in the near future.

I love Tim Barnes, but we all knew that Freestyleingenuity would not be the only ones out there for ever. If that was the case, it would become a monopoly and the prices could be set to whatever. This is why every company needs a little competition in order to keep the prices fair for the consumers. I am in NO WAY stating that the current prices are unfair at the moment...just giving a bit of an economical approach to the matter.

Just think what life would be like with Home Depot and no Lowes, Mcdonalds with no Burger king, Ford with out Cheverlot, Honda with no Suzki, Etc. I am sure there are better examples, but it gives you an idea of what I am getting at. Friendly competition works out for both the consumers and the sellers in the long run.
Well said man !!
Cheers
SK
Old 08-05-2003, 10:42 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I am Nate from S.I.C RIDERS in San Diego...www.sicriders.com .
We are sponsored by racing905. I must first say that even though I've heard negative things about the F.I. cage, I am not here to bad talk anyone and feel that it is not very professional or appropriate for others to do so here, especially when they have not even tried other brands to have a basis from which to judge.

Big props to Kyle Woods for being the man.

That having been said, let me tell you what I do know...

The cage that I have from racing905 is made of chromoly, which is both lighter and many times stronger than steel. It is what sand rails (dune buggys) and "real" roll cages are made from.

I have personally crashed my bike at 50-60+mph after hitting the 12 o'clock bar due to a mistakenly engaged throttle-lock(junk!)
Needless to say, the bike flipped several times and hit VERY hard on the cage, resulting in less than $300 in damage and a still fully functional bike that I am still riding. The 12 o'clock bar was made of steel and bent severly and was replaced, but the cage is still in use today.

I know for sure that the bike would have been a total if not for racing905!

I am glad that Kyle put it out there to perform tests for it will only further both companies and our sport. Aaron (owner of racing905) is definitely willing to donate to this test and is excited for everyone to see the results.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:55 PM

Radguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait to see the results!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:46 AM

This is a wonderful idea, and as it seems we've read some positive posts about your product. We too have documented crashes of over 100mph with results nothing more than a broken mirror & turn signal. Yet we as stunters know that sometimes speed takes the impact out of a crash.

I personally have done more damage in lower speed conditions like 12ves. We’ll try a few low sides but most important I’ll park a few highchairs, let it get wobbly and ride it all the way to the ground.

Not many people would porously crash bikes just to test out a few products, but that's the faith i have in the freestyle ingenuity. The reason being. The freestyle cage was there for me when I needed it & therefore the least I could do would be to return the favor.

My pleasure. We’ll get with each other about how when and were.

And for those of you at home, don't worry you'll be informed. . .

Thanks again 905.

Look fwd to testing your product.

Kyle Woods (Freestyle Ingenuity Rider)

Quick Reply: crash cage