crash cage

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 12:17 AM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
i also agree u do make some very good points that change the way i look at some stuff........my only issue (besides thomas bein an ***!) is that greg (shuggs) has worked very hard to make this place home for this community.........basically i wanna keep it that way......we can only keep it that way with 1 of 2 solutions.......1) membership fee......every member pays a fee to be a part of stuntlife (yeah that will work out real well right..............lol........look at the number of contributing members as comapred to the number of non-contributing members......not that im pointing fingers or sayin anyones a bad person just stating fact) 2) continue on selling advertising space/time here ........... basically its like this............if joe blow stunt apparrel comes on here and says hey buy my pants and thats all he has to contribute and we dont allow joe blow to do that without paying for advertising it keeps those who pay for advertising happy which in turn keeps money coming in for the site to stay up which in turn keeps all of us happy as a community! maybe if we yell a lil bit about it on a thread about hiks product someone from joe blow apparell will call greg and say hey i wanna buy some add time from yah!
At least our views have come together somewhat. Who knows maybe because of our yelling back and forth you'll have 905 wanting to advertise here. I say just keep it honest , fair , and gangsta and this website will stay as great as it is
Old 08-11-2003, 11:37 AM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
first off, i have a FI cage. it is a very good product. but it has a few problems. not everyone on stuntlife is just about stunts, alot of riders also like to drag knee. i can see there should be a problem if i was the owner of racing905. then yes that is stealin, but i am just a rider just like everyone else on this site, tryin to help people find a better product to suite their needs. shuggs sell almost everything & if he sold 905 cages i would buy them from here. but he doesnt, so i feel it is necessary to let people know that they do have a second choice, for the best intrest in the stunt community. i know there are alot of people that wont buy a cage for the simple fact that they cant lean as far as they want too. now because of this cage maybe more people will want to stunt and help the sport grow. i know it cost money to run a site, but that doesnt mean u have to sell out. i would hate to see stuntlife become bias and only support a company that pays them. if its a good product, its a good product period. im not on here tellin everyone to go buy a 905 cage. im just lettin em know they have an option.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:09 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the underlying question here is not whether the 905 cages are better than FI but whether or not they are legally allowed to sell them when another company has the rights to the design. From what I have heard it appears that b/c the cage design is such a new concept it covers a wide range of design changes that otherwise would allow another company to manufacture them under their own design.
I guess the lawyers gotta fight this one out as none of us versed in patent law.
BTW I luv my cage and have had nothing but good dealings with TIM.
Cheers
SK
Old 08-11-2003, 01:56 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
Reading this thread has just become frustrating and annoying...
Old 08-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Ok this thread is just childish bickering now.

Let me make this very brief....
Yes this is a public forum... you are correct, I pretty much do let anything go…with minor exceptions here and there. I wanted a "home" for the stunt community and do about whatever you all want with the site.

I DO pay a few hundred a month for the site now. I do NOT get it all back... I DO want to get some more paid advertisers here... I also try and run a business, but money is VERY tight here. So the advertising would be great.
Why would someone like 905 pay for advertising when they can just come here and start threads like this and get it for free? They wouldn’t. Therefore I don’t allow people to advertise, unless they are a stunt group selling stunt group products (team shirts and videos)

When you buy a FI cage from StuntLife, it’s that money I get from each sale that helps me pay for the site. When these people advertise on here they do raise awareness...which is good for the community at times. BUT it hurts MY pocket... and I do run this site... Sooo… As always. I don’t allow advertising here unless you are a paid advertiser.

I know some of you might think this is a dictatorship but its not... I’m trying to make this a real business and when Im always helping out my buddies, my pocketbook suffers....
Thanks for your understanding.

Anyway, this thread is useless bickering as well.

Closed...