crash cage

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 03:52 PM

gmantci is an unknown quantity at this point
I think what he's trying to say is that anyone can build anything they want, even if it is a copy of a patented product. Advertising a copy or trying to sell it is a completely diff. story. Building those things for your own bike, or your buddies and getting a few $$$ for it seems to be o.k. but going on the internet and advertising a copy isn't.... I'm no patent attorney but I have to deal with patent holder's rights in my business. In my opinion, it's not trying to create a monopoly,it's trying to protect an original idea that until now, noone has really developed a production type product like the FI cage. I've seen pics of both cages and even though it's not exactly the same it's still too close not to infringed on FI's patent rights. Just my $.02
Old 08-08-2003, 04:02 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by gmantci
I think what he's trying to say is that anyone can build anything they want, even if it is a copy of a patented product. Advertising a copy or trying to sell it is a completely diff. story. Building those things for your own bike, or your buddies and getting a few $$$ for it seems to be o.k. but going on the internet and advertising a copy isn't.... I'm no patent attorney but I have to deal with patent holder's rights in my business. In my opinion, it's not trying to create a monopoly,it's trying to protect an original idea that until now, noone has really developed a production type product like the FI cage. I've seen pics of both cages and even though it's not exactly the same it's still too close not to infringed on FI's patent rights. Just my $.02
Very well said man. After speaking with Tim on this it seems you hit this one right on the head.
Cheers
SK
Old 08-08-2003, 04:28 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
yes the cage on the pic is a copy of the cage. i was referin to the 905 cages. they are completely dif. maybe tim was talkin only about the one in the pic. then he is right. he shouldnt be advertising something that is a carbon copy of his product. u are correct. but if he is sayin it is not right for people to come on here & advertise a completely dif cage he is wrong. not tryin to cause probs. just want everyone to know that there are other options if u dont like the fi cage
Old 08-08-2003, 06:46 PM

Radguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by 420f4i
but if he is sayin it is not right for people to come on here & advertise a completely dif cage he is wrong
Why do you say if he is saying? Didn't you read his post? He's not saying that.

Well I built my own cage so I'm kinda biased mine is better than anyones J/K

But on a serious note I have seen the FI cage in person and it holds up well....remember it's meant for Stuntin...not canyon carving. Just my 1 cent I'd give 2 but I don't have any personal info on the 905 cage
Old 08-08-2003, 07:17 PM

Xris is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

I think our cages work just fine

their made of steel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	underground2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	28849  
Old 08-08-2003, 07:34 PM

red96camaro is an unknown quantity at this point
To add to the whole cage battle. I'm a newbie stunter, slowly progressing because I don't just wanna throw chances out there till I wad up my bike. I have always wanted a cage but not being able to lean has always turned me away. For the FI people who say that's ok you can remove the cage and keep the sliders, what good does that do unless you have a place to stunt where the police wont bother you? I know for myself and many other riders I know we go out late night, drag some knee, then do some tricks. If I wasn't dragging knee yet by the time I'm stunting I sure as hell am when the fuzz is chasing me cause I just rode a wheelie by them. I think this greatly needs to be thaught about by FI. Not knocking your cages but it's an issue for me and I'm sure others as well. Trying to help more then anything. :D

But now I see this 905 stuff and it looks pretty cool to me. Well it's the only product with what I'm really looking for. So I'll e-mail em and see what we got.

This crash test sounds great though. I am constantly shocked when it comes to this sport and how willing big names like kyle and everyone else is to helping out.

Chris UR- Looks like you could lean with that? How's it hold? Where'd you get it?
Old 08-08-2003, 07:55 PM

As far as running from the cops...I used to do that...but now I'm all grown up. If I play in a public area and get caught then I'll pay the price. But I never play in the city...i always stick to abandoned parking lots and back roads that are not traveled very much. So the cops are usually cool with a scenario like that. But every once in a while one will give us a ticket for a bald tire or something like that. Well worth the price of playing all of the other times and not getting caught.
But I do see your point about being able to lean it over every once in a while. Having a cage that could to both would be nice
Old 08-08-2003, 08:24 PM

So the cops are usually cool with a scenario like that
Must be nice. Here they impound your vehicle for having a equiptment violation. That's why I'm FTP. Been beaten and abused beyond what the law allows by too many cops. VERY few cool cops are here.

On the can 905 come on here and advertise on a thread. Of course they can. Competition will help this sport as far as prices and ingenuity goes. FI pays for all the banners I see and catch my attention. I would have gotten an FI cage the first time I saw a FI banner if it wasn't for the fact I can't lean the bike. Can they make a product that FI has patented? I doubt it but FI should take the lagal actions if they have right to do so.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:20 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sclevela
Shuggs has actually been very lax as to what he allows as far as bending the rules for the good of the stunt community (hell redline just made a post about sellin thier video on another message board and they went up one side and down the other all over jimmy about stealing
Are you talking about the communist site called...Gixxer.com ....damn Canadians .
Old 08-08-2003, 09:30 PM

Sclevela has a point.
Damn Sclevela for a dumb f*ck you're pretty smart
Old 08-08-2003, 10:34 PM

I'm not saying screw StuntLife. I support stuntlife all I can by lately purchasing all my bike needs from stuntlife along with some shirts and stickers just to support the site(I've got stickers plastered all over everything I own, lol). But the way I look at it is why push a product away from the eyes of your website members because you are afraid you'll loose a advertiser? This is exactly how so many bike and car mags get jacked up. Their reviews are biased towards the companies that pay for advertising. If we wanna jack up StuntLife the same way and have people talking about how Katanas are the best stuntbikes made and you shouldn't buy anything else just because we have a zuki banner somewhere then this place will go down hill fast.

I do see your point. Support StuntLife, we all LOVE this site but damn if you take it to an extreme like this many of us wont learn about new products that come out. I wouldn't have known about 905s product if it wasn't for this thread. I may not purchase a 905 product. I don't know yet, but it could help my stunting needs and that is what stuntlife is here for in my opinion anyway.

It's my opinion. Take it how you want. I know poeple who will now buy 905s product aren't neccessarily supporting stuntlife because their competitor pays a fee to advertise here but some stunters here have use for 905s product and who will tell them if it wasn't mentioned in this thread? It's not like 905 hacked into the board and now has their banner where FIs is and isn't paying anything. I have been a pat of other message boards and honestly haven't once seen a stink made about someone talking about a product that may compete with an advertisers. Boards generally have a bias to their adevertisers but banning talk of another product I have never heard of.

The only sensable issue I do see here is the whole patent thing. But I'm far from knowledgable on that so I can't really comment.

Either way, in the end I hope you don't think I'm bashing you or stuntlife, I do love this site and like I have stated support it when I can but I don't want this to turn into KatanaLife if Zuki throws Shugga some $$$. Even though if it was enough I wouldn't blame him. Trust me if it wasn't for my kneedragging I would buy a FI cage just because I know they are a sponsor here but the thing is some people such as myself have other needs for their bikes besides stunting and can't use the product.

P.S.- In the end Shugga makes the rules and if comming into a thread and mentioning a product is breaking them then he has the right to enforce it. IMO I just don't see how that is a good thing.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:54 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Ive got starboyz frame sliders
Old 08-08-2003, 11:01 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by red96camaro
I have been a pat of other message boards and honestly haven't once seen a stink made about someone talking about a product that may compete with an advertisers. Boards generally have a bias to their adevertisers but banning talk of another product I have never heard of.
Test it out with Gixxer.com for just two days...I could bad mouth them for days, but it is not worth my time.

You make alot of good points though!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:01 PM

Thomas, that's it, you're banned if you say anything good about them! lol j/k
Old 08-08-2003, 11:05 PM

Test it out with Gixxer.com for just two days...I could bad mouth them for days, but it is not worth my time.

You make alot of good points though!
Thanks Jimmy
Old 08-08-2003, 11:09 PM

yo, they are orange!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 PM

here ya go
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	thomasohio.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	80.7 KB