My ATown Cage review

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice
Re: My ATown Cage review

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
Neal was running sliders. If you look at the video where I broke my cage for the second time I was running sliders too.

well i seen you were but i know neil was running them for two reasons.......one he hit me up a week or two after he got it and asked for some more told him i cant even get free sliders....two is look at the cage the slider tube is ground down like its been dropped several times

but the backside of the tube issue is fixed with thinner gussets not 1/2" now only 1/4" so better weld cant get through there and actually hold...
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

All the ATown supporters out there - do you. I know you're gonna support your homie but I'm posting up my review of the cage. I didnt say it was gahbage but I do think it's waaaay to strong. My frame broke runnin an ATC period. Like someone mentioned here or on SR somethings gotta give. Same concept as if you run a steel subframe - somethings gotta give so the next weaker spot would be the frame tabs I posted a review on my SI cage and besides SI this is the only other cage Ive run so I'm posting a review. I meant to do it weeks ago but I been busy. Anyways
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
lol I ran sliders. I had them cut from delrin I got so got nothing to do with the sliders. Matter of fact, the sliders busted off from the 2 pancake drops that broke the frame Thats when I hit u up and asked you for a set.

i didnt know you had some cut mybad
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by slidewayz89
well i seen you were but i know neil was running them for two reasons.......one he hit me up a week or two after he got it and asked for some more told him i cant even get free sliders....two is look at the cage the slider tube is ground down like its been dropped several times

but the backside of the tube issue is fixed with thinner gussets not 1/2" now only 1/4" so better weld cant get through there and actually hold...
you cant see the sliders on my pic. The 2nd pic is tone's cage. Ive ALWAYS run sliders on this cage. I got 10 feet of delrin in my garage. I brought my busted off slider to a machine shop and they cut them for me exactly like the sliders that came with the cage
Old 06-25-2010, 01:07 PM
NealFoReal

i didnt know you had some cut mybad
no doubt homie. I was tryin to keep this cage clean but it didnt work too well lol
Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

send me a few please lol....
Old 06-25-2010, 01:10 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

i hear ya its def. beffy but only thing is that frame was counting the days to get junked hit mediums, parked cars, more pancakes than years lol (2010)
Old 06-25-2010, 01:10 PM

ryans900 is a decent person

ill post up a pic of my slider this is a must see!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
NealFoReal

send me a few please lol....
ahahahaha.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
NealFoReal

i hear ya its def. beffy but only thing is that frame was counting the days to get junked hit mediums, parked cars, more pancakes than years lol (2010)
Oh no doubt - you know my history and that bike took a beating. I have hit numerous objects that werent moving unfortunately lmao. Eh it is what it is. On to the 636 to see how quick I destroy that thing
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

Oh no doubt - you know my history and that bike took a beating. I have hit numerous objects that werent moving unfortunately lmao. Eh it is what it is. On to the 636 to see how quick I destroy that thing

LOL you will love the 636 save it and stop throwing bikes lol
Old 06-25-2010, 01:26 PM
NealFoReal

LOL you will love the 636 save it and stop throwing bikes lol
I havent pancaked my **** in a while.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

I havent pancaked my **** in a while.
Jinx
Old 06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

hater...lol j/k neal i think you could brake a solid steel anvil....hahaha
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Tone The Natural
Jinx
Originally Posted by beardo
hater...lol j/k neal i think you could brake a solid steel anvil....hahaha
I know - especially now that I just jinxed myself
Old 06-27-2010, 03:45 PM

jhan r6 is a decent person

Just a thought but has anyone ever thought of putting a rubber ring/bushing between the frame mount and cage mount? Would that even help with impact?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

a review is a review, it didnt seem like he was out to bash atown. just putting in his . with it being a review the main thing had happend problem was taken in to consideration and was fixed. atown seems to be upfront as possible and trys to solve things quickly and wants to make things right. alot of companies dont, and wont. i personally havent ran his cage, i build my own cuz im cheep and have no money. in the end the cage may have broke but it did wat its may function is and it save the motor and frame. for the broken frame it happens, and it will no matter wat cage you run. atleast that seems the case from everything that has been said over the years on this site.

good review, good response. problems solved with out a bunch of flaming so overall if i had the money i would grab one of his cages
Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
no hate my friend but i do wish you would of contacted me first and let me try to make it right. there has been a few issues on the newer F4i cages do to they were being welded at the spacer in the slider tube. i seen how other cage company's welded the spacers and did the same to save time. well i guess that was not a good idea sence they use 1/4in spacers and i use 1/2 and i was not getting the same penetration they were. i realized this after a friend of mine had this happen then it happened to tone. i thought it might be a freek thing but then it happened to my cage so i quickly started a new process to fix this problem and now it is solved. there was bound to be a issue somewhere down the road it couldn't be perfect off the bat.

Plus this would be considered a broken weld so it is covered under warranty!
build me a steel tubed frame no but seriously....
Old 06-27-2010, 05:15 PM

smallsgsxr is a decent person

t y g e r s h a r k
Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Yut ughhh

Burntz is a decent person

**** tygershark

Quick Reply: My ATown Cage review