Which Brembo. And regarding dual calipers and fitting front disc at rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 AM

Gigas666 is a decent person
Which Brembo. And regarding dual calipers and fitting front disc at rear

Hiya guys,

I have an offer on Brembo master cylinder, but I do not know which one will suit me best the RCS or the normal one. Also I do not know whach pressures (bars) to choose for it 16x18, 19x18 20x19.
The motorbike is cbrf4i and I am thinking of fitting an additional brake system at the back for the hand brake and use the oem brake as normal for foot. I will replace the disk for a large front size disc and place it at the rear and mount the 2 brake calipers. The brembo will be used as hand brake at the rear for the large caliper.
I can also see that the ready made dual caliper bracket for a large rear disk you can not fit the oem f4i caliper , but you can from other models (why?).
http://www.hoheydesigns.com/store/in...ndex&cPath=1_2

Also can I fit a normal front disk at the rear or do I need to buy a big rotor for that?

Any help and advise will be greatly apreciated.
Thanks guys
Old 06-20-2010, 07:29 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Brembo. And regarding dual calipers and fitting front disc at rear

buy the rsc.....as for the rest of that
Old 06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

The RSC Brembo master is a great choice ( http://www.naarden.biz/proddetail.as...-Forged-Radial ) , and the 16x18 is the most common master size people use for their handbrake hands down. It has good feel and nice pressure.

For the dual rear caliper you have a few options,
http://www.naarden.biz/proddetail.as...ngle%2F4piston
This bracket allows you to put a 4 piston and a single kawi caliper on the rear of you bike, very easy to install and to remove you rear wheel fully assembled, comes with all hardware and an 80 line free. In Stock - 164.99

----------------------------

If you want a Dual Quad caliper brackets you can get, same description as above just with two honda calipers for added stopping power. Just sold last one more on their way, at 164.99
http://www.naarden.biz/proddetail.as...4piston&cat=47

-------------------------------
in HHD you can get the
http://www.naarden.biz/proddetail.as...Bracket&cat=47
This is the honda front and stock honda rear dual caliper bracket, replaces stock rear bracket but when removing the rear wheel youll need to remove the rear caliper. Does not come with a rear 80inch line and must be bought separately. In stock 199.99

---------------------------------

or you can get the HHD Big rotor kit, which i dont sell due to problems with the star rotors that come with the kit taking too long to get.

---------------------------------
and for your question about fitting the front brake rotor on the rear of the bike that will not happen unless you do some custom machining to the to get one to fit, nothing will directly bolt on to your f4i wheel or anyone elses rear wheel.

http://www.naarden.biz

Last edited by NAARDEN INC; 06-20-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM

venci79 is a decent person

RCS-18x20
Old 06-20-2010, 07:22 PM

smallsgsxr is a decent person

16x18 is the ****
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gigas666
Hiya guys,

I have an offer on Brembo master cylinder, but I do not know which one will suit me best the RCS or the normal one. Also I do not know whach pressures (bars) to choose for it 16x18, 19x18 20x19.
The motorbike is cbrf4i and I am thinking of fitting an additional brake system at the back for the hand brake and use the oem brake as normal for foot. I will replace the disk for a large front size disc and place it at the rear and mount the 2 brake calipers. The brembo will be used as hand brake at the rear for the large caliper.
I can also see that the ready made dual caliper bracket for a large rear disk you can not fit the oem f4i caliper , but you can from other models (why?).
http://www.hoheydesigns.com/store/in...ndex&cPath=1_2

Also can I fit a normal front disk at the rear or do I need to buy a big rotor for that?

Any help and advise will be greatly apreciated.
Thanks guys
Old 06-21-2010, 05:29 PM

16x18 or 19x18 or 20х19 for one front brake caliper for hand brake??? RCS or not RCS for hand brake?

Last edited by venci79; 06-21-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

16x18 - RCS , if its not enough you can bump it up or you can bump it up and use it for the front if you need.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

im assumeing hes not talkin about the righteous stunt clutch
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM

PETe P is a decent person

ok question to add to this i have brembo rcs 16x18. what is the better setting to be on red up or black up? and what is the difference i read up on it but never changed it when i rode it.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM

Isn't the bike going to stop better with 19RCS Rather than 16RCS....for hand brake?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

The major difference is the amount of feel your lever will have. with a 19rcs compared to a 16rcs

For example if you had a throttle tube that when rolled 1inch and at 1inch it was full throttle and another guy had a throttle tube that rolled only a 1/4 inch till it was full throttle. You would have a lot more control over your speed with the 1inch rolling throttle as opposed to other guy 1/4throttle. Same goes for the brake masters, but you have to look at it as fluid movement. So at 1/4 inch of pull on a 19rcs will move XXX more fluid then a 16rcs that was pulled a 1/4 inch.

You are not going to be locking up your rear brake when doing wheelies, you are going to be using it very slightly to adjust your balance point along with giving it more throttle.

Sooooo, you really just have to take my advice or someone you value their opinion. Ive seen people use 19 for hand brakes and i see people use 16 and i see people use 13 and the majority of people all go with a 16 and stick with it.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 PM
lky

lky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys
I have always run the 16x18 but iam looking at getting the RCS 16 for my new setup.
Question is
is the Clutch RCS the same as the front brake RCS? (if i am using it as a HB do i buy the clutch side or front brake side?)

Cheers