your opinions please....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:41 PM

dkracr387 is a decent person
your opinions please....

i have an 05 636 that i picked up about a month ago.

it initially felt kinda nutless when i got it, but then again my last bike was sprocketed to hell and this one is stock gears.

anyways.... it seems like the coolant in the resi keeps running low. like i always have to refill it. i switched the antifreeze in it over to engine ice when i got the bike and initially it puked a bit of coolant out the cap then quit that and it just seems like i have to keep refilling the rezi. now the exhaust doesn't smell like antifreeze but it does smell lean. and im running hot, like 190-200 down the highway at 60 and in town its like 215 average.

is that too hot? and you think its a blown gasket? or maybe the thermo is just fucked up. but where is the coolant going? and its not coming out the overflow or out the cap anymore. just figured i would post this and see what you guys though. thanks.

oh p.s the exhaust servo cables have been removed and the fi light is on. think that has something to do with why it has no ***** and runs hot? like the servo is stuck shut? i know it has one hell of an engine brake to it. even in 6th.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about
Re: your opinions please....

Yea the FI light may have something to do with it man, I don't know about the temp I had an 06 600rr that would run in the high 190's down the highway but in town it was constantly running hot but from what I under stand those things are notorious for getting hot in traffic. I'd look into the FI light but I wouldn't worry about the the temp. Also I'd have them pressurize the cooling system at the stealership and see if they can find a leak. Good luck brother I hope its a cheap easy fix for you and nothing major. Forking out money for repairs sucks!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:00 AM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

my opinions suck and I have nothing to offer.

That being said, that bike runs hot period. Secondly, quit filling it through the reservoir (can't believe I spelled that correctly first try), and fill it through the cap, completely full, then start the bike, let the pump suck some down, and fill it until it almost runs over, let it warm a little and fill it if it falls down again.

Don't mix ANY coolant and engine ice. The coolant will become like a "gel" substance in the engine ice. Don't know why, I'm not a chemist, just a professional *******. Well, actually amatuer, as I don't get paid for my services.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 AM

dkracr387 is a decent person

ahhhhh hell ill bet thats where i screwed up. i did my fill in kinda a hurry. and didnt flush the system.

and i bet i left some coolant in there and it mixed with the engine ice. fml.

with that being said.... i should try my flush and fill again? this time actually FLUSH it? so do i have to drop my radiator to get all the coolant or water out when i flush? it seems like the radiator is deeper than the lowest tube and some stuff would stay in there so do i have to remove the radiator and physically dump it out?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM

~03~raven is a decent person

Originally Posted by dkracr387
ahhhhh hell ill bet thats where i screwed up. i did my fill in kinda a hurry. and didnt flush the system.

and i bet i left some coolant in there and it mixed with the engine ice. fml.

with that being said.... i should try my flush and fill again? this time actually FLUSH it? so do i have to drop my radiator to get all the coolant or water out when i flush? it seems like the radiator is deeper than the lowest tube and some stuff would stay in there so do i have to remove the radiator and physically dump it out?
I've never completely removed the radiator. I' ve just drained coolant, removed the clamps on the hose going to the water pump and dumped, run clean water through the radiator and let drain, filled the system with water and let it run for a couple of minutes to heat up then drained the water. Then filled it with coolant(or in your case engine ice).