Flat vs. Round Bar???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 PM

Dalton520 is a decent person
Flat vs. Round Bar???

I have recently started buying parts for my 01 r6 and have came question i was wanting to get some opinions on since noone around here stunts or has any knowledge of it.

Between looking at different photos and bike set ups, it seems like there is about a 50/50 prefrence between the flat and round 12 o'clock bar. I was wanting to get some pros/ cons, experiences, and advice on choosing the one right for my riding style.

I appreciate any help
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Flat vs. Round Bar???

do you like to scrape tail a lot?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Topek is a decent person

You can't park a round bar
Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 PM

I.Am.Hollywood! is a decent person

I like the round bar... I sell both $75 shipped round $50 shipped Flat... send me a PM if your interested in pic or have questions!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM

id like to learn circles and how to scrape 12's. Im really just wanting to find the one thats best for starting out/ being able to do the widest variety of tricks with one or the other.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 PM

Round... IMO its better for a newb because it has no sharp edges to grab the back of your legs.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by buffaloGSXR
You can't park a round bar
sure you can. you just have to hop off once it comes to a stop. As long as youre not planning to pose on your bike that wont be an issue
Originally Posted by I.Am.Hollywood!
Round... IMO its better for a newb because it has no sharp edges to grab the back of your legs.
or grab the concrete and make the bike twist
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 PM

Where would you guys suggest starting when learning 12' tricks with a bar?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 PM

or grab the concrete and make the bike twist[/quote]

True...
Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 PM

redbuell is a decent person

I just started and love my flat bar, foot in bar is awesome. I did wreck a couple times from hitting it off center. The round bar will not do that as bad but I like doing foot in bar so I like the flat.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

FIB is gay

I hate my flat bar, its garbage, I ca'nt scrape more then 5-10 foot before I got pitching sideways...

I've rode friends bikes with round bars a few times, and on my friends bike, after about 5 attempts, I was dragging that ****** well over 100 foot... After a few scrapes, I was getting into the power on the bar and accelerating while scraping lol

I can't wait tell I get a round bar on my bike, I'm gonna drag that ****** as far as I can on the streets
Old 05-31-2010, 11:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

round bars are ******* dope, you can kind of 'steer' on the bar and keep the bike from falling over...

It seems like with my 12 bar you can't control it.. You either hit straight and hope you scrape good, or you don't hit straight and are fucked..

I know I could get on the round bar on my friends f4i, and i'd start to fall to one side, and I could lean the other way and bring it back straight and keep scraping lol...

I can scrape WAY better with a round bar then a 12 bar.. I'd probably only scraped my f4i 10 foot MAX with a 12 bar.... Whereas I've easily went 150+ foot on a round bar in a few attempts, and I bet on the perfect wheelie, you could scrape for blocks lol
Old 05-31-2010, 11:29 PM

Hell yeah. Thanks to all, you all really helped cause i was about to get a flat bar and the way it sounds ima go with a round.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:45 PM
www.atowncustoms.com

jb stunt is a decent person

What everyone has failed to mention is that if ur planning on scraping an r6 with a flat, round, or nothing for that matter you better buy a aftermarket subframe. Otherwise you will after about the first three or so especially if ur a newb.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 PM

ya I def like round bar a lot better

only reason I got a flat bar was cause I made mine, and spent like $6 on a 6 foot long piece of flat steel at my local scrap yard lol....
Old 06-01-2010, 02:07 AM

redbuell is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
FIB is gay
Well, it is the best thing I can do without a HB, and if you were any good you could scrape a flat bar just as far.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:01 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

i just scrape my exhaust!