Stoppie shut off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:19 PM

yite jeep is a decent person
Stoppie shut off?

Hey guys,

So yesterday i was riding my 02 gsxr 600 and wanted learn how to do a stoppie. I was in a parking lot, and was going slow, and spueezed the brake, then let off, however when the tire got up, the bike shut off. I tried it in nuetral as well, but still would shut off. Why does this happen?

Also, I know theres many things about how to do a stoppie, but i would like your guys experiances. How do you do them. Thanks alot everyone.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Stoppie shut off?

was your tank full ? when im low on gas the bike shuts off in a stoppie
Old 05-21-2010, 05:22 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

stand switch
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SBS Pez
stand switch
still happens in neutral
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM

yea, the tank had alota fuel in it, and I thought the same thing about the stand switch, but in neutral it dies still. Is there possible a safety deal on my bike?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 PM
also known as OMR

you may have a loose connection at the battery or some thing like that , when it does shut off can you just hit the start button or do you need to turn the key off and then back on ?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

still happens in neutral
sorry Rodger (it is my bed time)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by SBS Pez
sorry Rodger (it is my bed time)
then i will forgive you for spelling roger with a d ...see screen name
Old 05-21-2010, 05:52 PM
skys the limit

skys the limit is a decent person

how high is the rear tire getting when the bike shuts off?
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

good nite
Old 05-21-2010, 06:22 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

possible tip over sensor issue?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:32 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by old man roger
when it does shut off can you just hit the start button or do you need to turn the key off and then back on ?
Originally Posted by jebova2301
possible tip over sensor issue?
exactly why i asked this question , if he has to turn the key off and on then thats a good sign it's tip over issue but if not then it's some thing else
Old 05-22-2010, 02:57 AM

WILL215 is a decent person

thumb hittin the kill switch... haha that be great if it was simple like that
Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 AM

kosi28 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea its more than likey your tip over sensor... you can bypass it.... problem solved
Old 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM

110shred is a decent person

I have the same bike and its not your low gas for sure....i was rollin them the other day with my low light on for ahwile. i would go ahead and take care of that tip over sensor. easy way to eliminate that possibility.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:24 PM

yea i do have to turn the key over. Where is this tip over sensor and how do i bypass this? Thanks for the help. Plz keep it coming
Old 05-22-2010, 10:50 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by yite jeep
yea i do have to turn the key over. Where is this tip over sensor and how do i bypass this? Thanks for the help. Plz keep it coming
dont remember where it is on that year gsxr but i think it's under the seat , it has an arrow on it that points up , just take it apart and take out the ring that jiggles around in there , some people just ziptie the ring in place to keep it from moving
Old 05-23-2010, 12:32 AM

110shred is a decent person

yeah take the seat off and its a little box that says upper i think? you'll know, pull it off and i filled mine with silicone.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
also known as OMR

it should say ''up'' with an arrow to tell you how to mount it
Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 AM

awesome! thanks guys. Also i know many forums don't really like to talk about "how to's" but this is a stunt forum. So my question is how do you all do stoppies? If this question cant be answered due to restrictions plz lemme know. Thanks alot guys.

Quick Reply: Stoppie shut off?