f4i will not start plzzzz help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:44 PM

shotgunfacelift is a decent person
f4i will not start plzzzz help me!!!!

ok.. so I left my 05 f4i out in the rain and the next day I went to start it it ran like **** becuz of all the water in the tank. So.......I flipped it over and dumped all the fuel out( big mistake why the **** didnt I think about what I was doing). Anyway, I filled it back up with good fuel and hit the start button. NOTHING happened. Long story short I hydrolocked it. So...I took the tank off, the aribox off, pulled the plugs, cranked it over, covered my self in oil when it blew out and put it all back together just as i took it apart. I didnt clean the plugs, didnt, do a whole lot of wiping or cleaning just put it back together so I could ride it. NOw it turns over but Still doesnt start. It turns over and over and over, fixed the hydrolock but wont fire at alllllllll! doesnt even sound like it wants to fire sounds like it is getting no fuel but I didnt un do anything that could casue it to get no fuel. WTF!!! Can somebody, anybody help me? I dunno what to do! should I replace the plugs since I didnt even clean them before I put them back in, did I mess something up when I put it back together( I dont see how there wasnt that much to take apart)... Heres the stage so fire away stuntlife!!@!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: f4i will not start plzzzz help me!!!!

might still have water in the tank and the fuel system ..

the pump it self hold quite a bit of fuel and water goes to the bottom of the tank so thats the first thing the pump sucks up
Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM

well tell me what to do! haha
Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by shotgunfacelift
well tell me what to do! haha
get all the contaminated gas out of the tank and the pump ..
Old 05-02-2010, 06:02 PM
also known as OMR

once you do that there may still be some in the fuel system so you may have to crank the bike over quite a bit to get it to start , if you need to use jumper cables dont run the car just use the power from the battery
Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM

ok let me get this straight get all the bad fuel out of tank..then fill it with food fuel and by way of a car battery hooked to mine so I dont kill my battery run my bike until the new fuel circuclates and pushes the old out?? i dont have to take anything apart? what about the plugs from the hydrolock you think they may a factor being covered in oil and all?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:18 PM
also known as OMR

ok let me get this straight get all the bad fuel out of tank..then fill it with food fuel and by way of a car battery hooked to mine so I dont kill my battery run my bike until the new fuel circuclates and pushes the old out?? i dont have to take anything apart? what about the plugs from the hydrolock you think they may a factor being covered in oil and all?
no im saying you probably do have to take the tank off and take the pump out to get all the gas out of the pump , on a 636 you can just unhook the fuel line from the fuel rail and just keep priming the pump to get all the water out but i dont know if the f4i will just leak if you do that
Old 05-02-2010, 06:38 PM

well i dunno if this makes a difference but it wasnt completely full of h20. I mean it was fuel and water mixed im sure you assumed that. but..it started fine after i leftit out in the rain just ran like ****..thats why i flipped it over and put new fuel in it...my problem is since i flipped it back over it wont start. i hydrolocked it toook it all apart to pull the plugs so i could crank it over and when i put the plugs back in, airbox back on, and the fuel tank the bike would start after that.. it started after the rain. it didnt start after i flipped it... you think the oil from fhydrolock fuckled up wht plug...there is nothing to unhook in changing the plugs that would prevent it from starting???i was thinking maybe the plugs are gooped with oil and I didnt take the time to look at them when I put it back together maybe thats why it wont fire yes ???or no???
Old 05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
also known as OMR

well i dunno if this makes a difference but it wasnt completely full of h20. I mean it was fuel and water mixed im sure you assumed that. but..it started fine after i leftit out in the rain just ran like ****..thats why i flipped it over and put new fuel in it...my problem is since i flipped it back over it wont start. i hydrolocked it toook it all apart to pull the plugs so i could crank it over and when i put the plugs back in, airbox back on, and the fuel tank the bike would start after that.. it started after the rain. it didnt start after i flipped it... you think the oil from fhydrolock fuckled up wht plug...there is nothing to unhook in changing the plugs that would prevent it from starting???i was thinking maybe the plugs are gooped with oil and I didnt take the time to look at them when I put it back together maybe thats why it wont fire yes ???or no???
hhmm well if it ran before you changed the gas then ya i would guess you either fouled the plugs or forgot to plug some thing in
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM

ok!! so you think with at least 90 % conifidence that it must be plugs or a plug then? it ran after the rain for sure it just ran like ****! but it didnt run after i flipped it over and hydrolocked it!!! if it is the plugs then does it just sound like the engine is turnin over and over with out firing as if i was runnin waterd down gas through my bike?
Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
also known as OMR

ok!! so you think with at least 90 % conifidence that it must be plugs or a plug then? it ran after the rain for sure it just ran like ****! but it didnt run after i flipped it over and hydrolocked it!!! if it is the plugs then does it just sound like the engine is turnin over and over with out firing as if i was runnin waterd down gas through my bike?
best thing to do would be take the tank and air box of and see if you have any spark and while you are doing that check to see if you forgot any thing
Old 05-02-2010, 07:40 PM

WILL215 is a decent person

how long did you leave it run after you started it, cause it might have jus been runnin off the fuel that was in the lines before it started suckin down some water into the pump
Old 05-02-2010, 07:41 PM

ok will do... do you think the water in the fuel is pretty much out though?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 PM

BAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the rough

If you hydro locked it and didnt clean the plugs i can almost promise you its the plugs if it wont start. clean the plugs with brake clean or buy new ones.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 PM

BAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the rough

Providing there was no damage due to hydro locking..