wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: wheelies?

Originally Posted by karmakazi
Ugh I thought the same about my 954. Others say they can roll on hard in 2nd and it'll pop up. Not mine. Others say they can lay on the gas tank and clutch up 2nd and it comes up. Not mine. 2nd gear sitdowns I have to be way back on the seat and it still comes up slow. 2nd gr stand ups are fine. 3rd gear hasn't happened, last time I tried I got the tankslapper of a lifetime. I'm replacing the clutch with a snappier one witch will probably make a big difference.
Your doing it wrong

my f4i with STOCK GEARING can clutch up in 3rd gear staggard or sit down..

There is NOTHING wrong with your bike, it's something you are doing wrong. If you don't believe me, get going 60mph, third gear, hold the throttle wide open, once you hit rev limiter dump the clutch.. I guarantee it shoots straight to balance point, and you might loop if you don't

My friend swore up and down his 600rr wouldn't wheelie in 2nd.. Everytime I'd get on it I'd do third gear wheelies just to show him
Old 05-30-2010, 01:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

3rd gear on a stock geared 600 isn't easy to get up, but you can get it up.

But on a 900cc or bigger, third gear should be no problem.. Lots of clutch, lots of throttle
Old 05-30-2010, 04:24 PM

JFULLGSXR750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
3rd gear on a stock geared 600 isn't easy to get up, but you can get it up.

But on a 900cc or bigger, third gear should be no problem.. Lots of clutch, lots of throttle

Correct..... I used to think I couldnt get my 954 up in third... that was with +7 gearing. lol

Now i get my similar geared f4i up in third no problem. Buddy of mine has one even less geared and he does 3rd for highways as well.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 PM

bigrallymeats is a decent person

Originally Posted by rockin954rr
this whole thread got thrown off track. ive had previous bikes and much previous practice. im not new to this whole thing. i was just curious asd to what other people were doing.
get a fiddy and learn brake control dude... i'm selling mine and she's a beauty !

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/462...-50-fully.html
Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm the new guy

karmakazi is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Your doing it wrong

my f4i with STOCK GEARING can clutch up in 3rd gear staggard or sit down..

There is NOTHING wrong with your bike, it's something you are doing wrong. If you don't believe me, get going 60mph, third gear, hold the throttle wide open, once you hit rev limiter dump the clutch.. I guarantee it shoots straight to balance point, and you might loop if you don't

My friend swore up and down his 600rr wouldn't wheelie in 2nd.. Everytime I'd get on it I'd do third gear wheelies just to show him
I'm not sure what's wrong, I need to race another 954 and see whats up. Guys who barely ride/wheelie, say their 954 clutches up 3rd no prob. I can wheelie just fine, stand ups I pop 2nd gear to 11,000 at 48-55 mph and ride behind bp to slow it down a lil to bout 60 and cruz. 3rd 60-65mph I clutch bouce as hard as I can and can't get over the threshold. I weigh 155 so I don't have that much weight to throw around.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:48 AM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by rockin954rr
well u have a 954... wats urs like as far as wat u gotta crank it up to in second... or arent u stock
Dude, 4,000,786 years ago when my 03' 954 was minty, and still smelled like squid ***** from all the d-bags sitting on it in the showroom, I did pow pow wheelies and was too scuuuuurd to clutch it up. Hit bp almost immediately before I slowed it down, and then rode it until bored. Then I got called out for the ***** I was, and learned to clutch it up. Still stock gearing. Then because I was a broke dick douchebag myself, I purchased a -1 countershaft sprocket and put stickers all over my bike, this made it easier. Then after I wrecked a couple of times, burned through frame sliders and stator covers, I got a cage, got beat up and forced to take the fur off my bike, and started writing the first few books of the Bible. Saved up a couple more bucks, watched some Jew named Jesus get hung from a cross and purchased a shiny new chain and Sprocket Specialties +10 rear sprocket to go with my -1 front sprocket.

Couple years later, The colonists defeated the Royal Empire and established their own government, discovered oil, Bush became president of this little country, and now long highway wheelies in Dallas are f*cking gay and just get you chased, tasered (**** spell check still red flags that) and put in prison for felonies. Then I had the genius idea of going down another tooth in the front and couldn't figure out why my motor was ******* up my gauges...... I only like riding the streets to work and back, and since I am now almost 5 million years old, and my 954 is half that, I want a 600 for the lot hommie.

We now have a black president, I'm back to -1/+10, and highway wheelies are still gay.

Moral of the story is, quit lying to everyone and go hit the lot to practice.... if you have it dialed in short distances in the lot, your highway wheelies will be cooler, not as cool as if someone in Arkansas recorded you, but they still don't have moving picture type cameras there yet do they?