newb with a question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:08 PM

06_636_850 is a decent person
Re: newb with a question

Originally Posted by trdtruck26
ok so i dont think anyone has said this yet but run your tire pressure in the teens it will stable out the bike. also does your bike have all the gear it needs because **** i've gone through the wanting to learn real bad and wrecking bikes... i wouldn't do it unless your bike is set up for it.. as for everything else seat time is whats gonna do it like everyone else says

we did let the tire pressure out a lil, after the wreck lol, bike is stock except akrapovik carbon fiber sp series , which now has some rash on the carbon tip lol
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM

i think this was my most decent try, and it still sux lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeTnRdrKspk
Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM

this is my brother post crash and he is getting them higher and farther than me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDhePO8pwmE
Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 PM
time to kill it

trdtruck26 is a decent person

well than dude i suggest getting some cages at least... i mean i'm no expert but most crashes when you learn are when your gonna break cases and **** like that
Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 PM

yea cage is next up on list
Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

after watching those vids i forsee a bad one comeing on....get a cage and some pads guy!!! also clutch up from almost stpped, a crash at those speeds will destroy you and that bike
Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 PM

yea, the bike will not be stunted again until i get a cage, anyone got one for sale , it's a 06 , so clutch up from almost stopped, any other tips?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:12 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

well do you know how to use the rear brake to keep from looping?? i dont think so from vids, i would practice clutching from a stop or almost stopped and then imidiatly step on the brake. its not fun and seems somewhat stupid but it will help you make the connection between thinking to step on the brake and actually steping on the brake...i suggest a pit bike to start out w/.always cover your brake
Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Originally Posted by beardo
after watching those vids i forsee a bad one comeing on....get a cage and some pads guy!!! also clutch up from almost stpped, a crash at those speeds will destroy you and that bike
+1
Originally Posted by 06_636_850
yea, the bike will not be stunted again until i get a cage, anyone got one for sale , it's a 06 , so clutch up from almost stopped, any other tips?
Get yea either the impaktech or a-town cage. Also, get you some nice knee/shin guards. You will more than likely be chasing the bike at 12 a few times or coming off the bike period and hitting the ground with your knees sucks. I got stabbed by a damn feeler on the peg in my knee. I wear icon leg armor every time I ride now.

I think staggerds felt more comfortable for me learning. Once I started doing lot stuff I started out using a 3K idle. Not sure if that helped or hurt me, I got used to it though.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 PM

great advice guys, yes i will get the cage, i actually just talked w/ my cousin and she said jblox might have one he can get ahold of, i'm gonna try the clutch up then brake method, as for if i know how to use brake to keep from looping, well no i don't, i guess if you press the rear brake down , wheel goes down, but do i mash it? gently press it? tap it?? remember i'm a newb
Old 04-12-2010, 10:37 PM

redbuell is a decent person

I am just past your point now not at BP but getting up just a bit higher than you are on an 05 F4i only one down up front. I got a FI cage (Don't flame it was on the cheap). I was only coming up like six inches then I was told by some friends that know what they are talking about to give it more gas. and after about two and a half hours of just back and forth across the lot it just clicked and I started bringing it up pretty good (for a squid). When I say 2.5 hours I mean it NON STOP I have blisters all over my left hand and my tendons in my wrist are still hurting from saturday. All in all once it clicked and I sacked up and gave it gas it was the best feeling ever and now all I want to do is make wheelies. I hope this from someone at the same lvl may help a bit. PS Just give it more gas. And get a cage.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM

I just noticed where you are from, you need to come up here and hit the lot with us. There are a few guys here that know there stuff pretty good and are the only reason I can do even my little squid wheelies.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:53 PM

yea well atleast there's hope , i know need to sack up and gas it, alabama , huh, you know jblox, hopefully he gonna come down to pc and show us some of the tricks
Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 PM

he has to get a motor in his bike first. My wife and me are planning a trip to Destin within a few months so maybe we can hit up your spot while I'm there. We can kill some squid whoolies.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

it only takes a tap when your up on one...cant stress how important that brake control is!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 AM

gotcha a tap, and yea he needs a motor but he can use mine, i think they coming down in a couple weeks, gonna chill out on the practice, get a cage and try not to blow up the spot before he gets down here
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

yea well atleast there's hope , i know need to sack up and gas it, alabama , huh, you know jblox, hopefully he gonna come down to pc and show us some of the tricks

Originally Posted by redbuell
he has to get a motor in his bike first. My wife and me are planning a trip to Destin within a few months so maybe we can hit up your spot while I'm there. We can kill some squid whoolies.
Give me a shout man. I've got some scheming in the works so hopefully i'll be back on my piece. if not i got a buddy with a setup f4i i can kill.

gotcha a tap, and yea he needs a motor but he can use mine, i think they coming down in a couple weeks, gonna chill out on the practice, get a cage and try not to blow up the spot before he gets down here
yeah get a cage man. When i'm down i'll do the kleen air mod and probably flip your clip ons for you.

I'm trying to round you up a 50-55t sprocket. I run a -1 52t. The thing about a bigger sprocket is that if you crank the idle a little bit it will help smooth out your twitchiness and let you roll a little better.

When you tap the rear brake you just press it lightly. you don't want to mousetrap that bitch.

I seen those videos can't believe ya'll wait til you loop it out to hit me up!

I'll be down there like may 15th so we will get up and i'll help get you guys on the right track.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 AM

maverickxp is a decent person

you guys are at a dangerous point. dont do it again without a cage. and if you want to save your exhaust buy a 12 bar. when you get it up as high as your bro. dont let off, just slowly roll the throttle, to get it smooth. and be prepared to do your fork seals
Old 04-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by maverickxp
you guys are at a dangerous point. dont do it again without a cage. and if you want to save your exhaust buy a 12 bar. when you get it up as high as your bro. dont let off, just slowly roll the throttle, to get it smooth. and be prepared to do your fork seals
will that 04 cage fit my 06???
Old 04-13-2010, 10:19 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

will that 04 cage fit my 06???

No it wont you should trade me that minty tail section before you **** it away

Quick Reply: newb with a question