Would you????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:52 PM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person
Would you????

Have an offer to trade straight up my 2003 CBR 954 with a clear and clean title for a 2006 GSXR 750... clean clean clean.

Here's what's up:

If I keep the 954, will continue to dump money into it as a stunt bike, but I keep it clean and still ride street every now and then.

If I do the trade, I would be adding quite a bit of stuff to the GSXR to set it up like I want, and it would be a streetbike (wheelies, stoppies, etc... NO PARKING LOT anymore... so I could just buy/build a lot bike). Gixxer is bone stock.

954 already has (not counting 6 motors and three new sets of plastics)
Hohey Triple (also have stock triple w/FI risers and MX bars)
Heli clip ons
R1 Radial Masters (junction valve for handbrake)
Custom cables all the way around (brakes,throttles,clutch)
New FI cage and 12 Bar
New OMR subcage with custom made pegs
Sprocket Specialties front and rear sprockets (-2/+10)
Vortex Rearsets
Huge boxes of extra parts, and an extra frame (clean)
Old 03-27-2010, 02:03 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person
Re: Would you????

....your just gonna end up with a Honda is better because I said so argument....gsxr 750 is a nasty bike for the streets... If you were to trade I'd strip all the extras you listed off the 954 and sell it all to fund the stuff you wanna put on the new bike

04cbr600rr is a decent person

Dont trade suzuki sucks!!!!!!

04cbr600rr is a decent person

Dont trade suzuki sucks!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 PM

ctf4istunter is a decent person

what are you doing with all those motors , want to sell any? if so how much shipped to CT
Old 03-27-2010, 02:31 PM

Those are the motors I've been through. Sold anything worth a flip over the past year. Everything I have left is all BS I couldn't sell on ebay like airboxes, rearsets, etc.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:38 PM

ctf4istunter is a decent person

ok cool just figured I would ask my boy needs one bad
Old 03-27-2010, 02:40 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by psychoJIMstunts
Those are the motors I've been through. Sold anything worth a flip over the past year. Everything I have left is all BS I couldn't sell on ebay like airboxes, rearsets, etc.
may want to give selling the rearsets a shot. i was looking for a pass peg for my r6 on ebay and those things are selling for decent money.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:48 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

06+ gixxer frames snap at the weld....good track bikes ONLY...
Old 03-27-2010, 04:26 PM

WILL215 is a decent person

if your gonna jus street the gsxr go for it an keep all the extras just give him the bike stragiht up, cept switch the aftermarket rearsets first with the stock ones
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dick Loogie Stunts
I noticed all the stunt parts available for them (oil pick-up, cages, etc) are all for 2004-2005. I had an 06' 600 but only rode the street. I loved it for a street-legal stock bike, however I didn't put it through any paces because I had the 954 at the time. The 954 frame is stronger than the will of God. Good piece of info to have. Thanks

Originally Posted by BrknGsxr
if your gonna jus street the gsxr go for it an keep all the extras just give him the bike stragiht up, cept switch the aftermarket rearsets first with the stock ones
Based on what everyone is telling me, I don't know if I would pull the trigger on the trade. I am thinking that if I made it minty and clean like I like it, but I made it where I could still wheelie it on a reg basis, I would eventually take it to the lot and tear it to pieces (I'm 6' 230LBS). If I sold it, and bought a truck and stunt bike, I would have a piece of **** stunt bike, after I have spent so much money making the 954 both clean and an awesome lot bike. I may not be the best lot rider, but I pride myself on at least having the cleanest "stunt" bike. I just wish I had a super clean street bike for when I just want to "go ride" and my bike is definitely a ******* beating trying to ride on a Sunday afternoon.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:14 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dick Loogie Stunts

sounds like a good trade to me......NOT
Old 03-28-2010, 01:52 PM

KillTheStreet is a decent person

Zuki's have a cold weld problem. Get a salvage title bike and fix it on the cheap, you work for a dealer in Dallas so where do all the wrecked bikes go? Sounds to me like you could pick and build anything you want. Sell your 954 to fund the build and use the left over change to get another street bike. Do you ride street for transportation or are you aggressive everywhere you ride (well compared to average Dallas traffic ... )? I want a SV650 for transport personally and I want to build an f4i... Ahhh dreams... I don't ride street aggressively any more so anything with a decent motor and two wheels works for me.

To each their own right?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:21 PM

yea. I've thought about that. Past two years in the bike business has left me a broke dick mother ****** living paycheck to paycheck.... but summer is coming. To tell the truth, I love my 954. When I was working at Honda, and the 2003 Titanium came out (that's mine) I blew a nut and had to have it. Paid cash and have rebuilt it about 4 good times (after wrecks).

I love to just ride when it comes to streets, so a nearly stock bike is great for me on the streets (nearly died, have witnessed someone dying/dead, lost friends, and really hate running from the cops). I love riding to work. So I could use a clean streeter, and keep the 954 for the lot, seeing how I have extra frame, etc.... You guys are right. Maybe I just need to buy a clean 1000 for the street bike. I love the ZX10 or 06-07 1000RR for the street. Smooooooooothest bikes around.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:11 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

though decision i would be lost too

i love 954s and gixxers
Old 03-28-2010, 03:34 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i wouldnt do either.
i would trade the 954 for 2 600cc stuntbikes or a pickup truck and a stuntbike and get
with the mufuggin program, forget about that street sillyness
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

if the gix is tht clean this shouldnt be a hard desicison at all.......06 gix 750 go for good money...get it and put it right for sale...get a good chunk of change and buy 2 600 stuntbikes