30 psi and up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Re: 30 psi and up?

Originally Posted by beardo
race take off are garbage!!!!
+1000...try dipping into some Os with a crowned out heat cycled track tire=DEATH
Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by WADESEC518
Curious where that Avitar pic was taken Jim? Looks familiar....
yea.... check the PSI in my rear tire. That's on I635 heading West (Dallas) in front of High 5 Cycles (which is beside Texaco in the pic)
Old 03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

anybody ive ridden with that totally murdered it had tons of air in their back tire. it doesnt seem like it should work that way, but it does.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:52 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by psychoJIMstunts
150 psi front, 213 rear. make sure to put your ear to the tire while airing it up so you know it sounds smooth going in. You will need a compressor with at least 175 psi and 10.0 cfm's
i used to run around 200ish in the rear but i couldnt find a lot wide enough to do O's, so i dropped it down to 35.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jcf4i
i used to run around 200ish in the rear but i couldnt find a lot wide enough to do o's, so i dropped it down to 35.
wondering if anyone caught that.

Last edited by psychoJIMstunts; 03-20-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: my penis was bleeding
Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

put 40 in the pilot power and hit the lot today and i freakin love it...who would have known bumping 5 to 7 pounds would have made such a difference... i should go 5 more....lol i noticed anything circle was so much nicer and i actually was able to grab a strangler today for the first time....awsome!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 PM

on another note... in my avatar pic I was running about 8 lbs pressure for slow long distance wheelies. Got away from that... but I still run under 30 psi, I just use better tires. Really low pressure was awesome for really slow wheelies, but it roasted the tire. Rubber would be dripping off (especially in Texas summer heat). Maybe that's why I can't get drifting down.

I have the Level X video by Kyle Woods and Matt Gorka where they teach all the advanced slow wheelies.... Kyle preaches the 20-25 lbs set-up for just doing wheelies, for slower stuff he says to go down to 18. IDK... I kinda think Kyle Woods is a little better than 99% of the people on SL... and in the video he's doing it on a stock R6 (looks like 2003-2004 model). I think it's what feels best to you personally. I feel with recommended psi, the bike flops around too much, plus my bike (with all stunt products) probably weighs 34 metric tons, and I'm 6' 230 lbs. So I don't know. Guess I'll adjust as my game steps up...

Used to kill the highway couple years ago, but I hate riding street now. After a couple of serious wrecks on the streets, and nearly getting killed, it's rare for me to even ride a wheelie period on the street. (rolling dirty as **** doesn't exactly make me want to have a reason to chased by the cops and I'm -2, +10 on a 954, so I'm not exactly out-running those new Dodge Hemi police cars in Dallas either)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by beardo
i actually was able to grab a strangler today for the first time....awsome!!!
when I hit "quote" at first I thought you said "stragler" that's what I call filthy ****** at the bar at 2am... Was wondering how that related to psi.... need more coffee.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

on another note... in my avatar pic I was running about 8 lbs pressure for slow long distance wheelies. Got away from that... but I still run under 30 psi, I just use better tires. Really low pressure was awesome for really slow wheelies, but it roasted the tire. Rubber would be dripping off (especially in Texas summer heat). Maybe that's why I can't get drifting down.

I have the Level X video by Kyle Woods and Matt Gorka where they teach all the advanced slow wheelies.... Kyle preaches the 20-25 lbs set-up for just doing wheelies, for slower stuff he says to go down to 18. IDK... I kinda think Kyle Woods is a little better than 99% of the people on SL... and in the video he's doing it on a stock R6 (looks like 2003-2004 model). I think it's what feels best to you personally. I feel with recommended psi, the bike flops around too much, plus my bike (with all stunt products) probably weighs 34 metric tons, and I'm 6' 230 lbs. So I don't know. Guess I'll adjust as my game steps up...

Used to kill the highway couple years ago, but I hate riding street now. After a couple of serious wrecks on the streets, and nearly getting killed, it's rare for me to even ride a wheelie period on the street. (rolling dirty as **** doesn't exactly make me want to have a reason to chased by the cops and I'm -2, +10 on a 954, so I'm not exactly out-running those new Dodge Hemi police cars in Dallas either)
kyle is one of my heros but to be honest he kind of stopped riding before alot of circle combos were being done so his advise on tire pressure in that video might be a little out of date
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 PM

true true. It has been a little while. I've only met him once in 2003... He came to Dallas for Lone Star Biker Bash and the stunt comp. Tim Barnes brought him into Dallas Honda, introduced him to me, and I sold him a fiddy. He was cool as ****, and the guys who knew who he was.... thought I was a God that day... Sad part is, I really didn't exactly know who he was until the bike rally, and they were shooting Judgment Day II. He was riding a 900rr with fur on it........ that year, at the comp.... only 5 dudes were doing circles. He was one, Tony D and Patrick Stephens were two more... I didn't know the other guys, but everyone was working on them during practice. No one was pulling them except a the ones I mentioned, and they all rode in the pro class. Brandon Patton was maybe 17 then, and he was killing everyone with his circles, but he didn't ride the comp... awe good ole days.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 PM

l Bolo l is a decent person

18 psi is for squids
Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

some thing else i didnt consider is maybe that video is for beginners and in that case it's probably pretty good advice
Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

if you weigh 230lb. i really suggest more tire psi then 30 psi
Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 AM

IMR-Merlin is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
kyle kind of stopped riding before alot of circle combos were being done so his advise on tire pressure in that video might be a little out of date
Beat me to it..... Damn you OMR!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jcf4i
i used to run around 200ish in the rear but i couldnt find a lot wide enough to do O's, so i dropped it down to 35.

race take offs and new tires i run 35 becuase the curve of the tire. worn out tires about 45 or 50
Old 03-21-2010, 02:14 PM

West is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres the video you was wanting sdfkillz and yes i tank slap and eat **** the very same day.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vTNJc6nuBdA...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vTNJc6nuBdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 03-21-2010, 02:24 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by West
Heres the video you was wanting sdfkillz and yes i tank slap and eat **** the very same day.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vTNJc6nuBdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vTNJc6nuBdA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
dude that first stoppie was with no damper ????? youre ******* nuts
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM

LOL na it had a damper i just hit a small bump in the road and it made it tank slap. I was rollen with like 20Psi in the front and bent stock forks.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:49 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by West
LOL na it had a damper i just hit a small bump in the road and it made it tank slap. I was rollen with like 20Psi in the front and bent stock forks.
i was thinking how scary it would be to come in that fast with no damper ..lol
oh and where ever you had your damper set in that crash try to set it a little higher next time
Old 03-21-2010, 02:58 PM

It was a scotts and i had it 1 click from all the way.

Quick Reply: 30 psi and up?