how does your cage hold up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM

blizanthimum is an unknown quantity at this point
how does your cage hold up?

ive been reading alot of cage threads and there is always "this cage is xxxx" "that cage is xxxx" "my cage is xxxx".
and i know everyone is recording their sessions and rides, so post up your vids/pics of the knarliest pancakes/mouse traps/highsides/lowsides/drops/tumbles/falls/loops/slides and all around oopsiey daisy's.
also let us know how the bike and cage faired after it all.
ill start it off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyhqJHTVpeo
the SI cage held up well but it flexed into the thermostate housing and destroyed it as well as taking a large chunk outta the engine case as well as busting 2 motor mounts. almost had to buy a new engine but was able to have everything welded up.
and then a buddy of mine wanted to do a "Captains" pose so he could submit it and try to get a free trip to the playboy mansion. **** i cant find the video of it, so here are some pics.
Name:  cpt.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  27.8 KB
Name:  100_2052.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  60.9 KB
Name:  100_2053.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  39.4 KB

no damage to the bike after going solo for while and hitting a ditch.

Last edited by blizanthimum; 03-17-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person
Re: how does your cage hold up?

maybe its just camera angle but how the hell did he wreck, as for vids everytime i have a good wreck either we have no camera man or the cam is deasd or they are filmin somthin else i never get my good ones
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM

i was chopin the throttle like a fool and it started the death wobble. thought i could ride it out, but no.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:35 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

ouch. F3? Those bikes are terrible to make a cage for. the frame and engine moutns are very weak. We quit makin those cages about 2 years ago for that reason. glad you could get it all welded up and didnt get hurt too bad.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:37 PM

f2 actually.
thank you evan.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:48 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

death wobble? You just sorta fell over? There was like no reaction from you, you just rode it straight into the ground?

Not that my video is any smarter.. But me dropping my f4i with a SI Cage, this was with lose cage mounts, and the rear of the cage wasnet even bolted on! It just had the all thread going through with 1 nut.. The other nut was gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

broke clutch lever, bent my cage.. I bent the cage back and it was good as new
Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Towlieee
death wobble? You just sorta fell over? There was like no reaction from you, you just rode it straight into the ground?

Not that my video is any smarter.. But me dropping my f4i with a SI Cage, this was with lose cage mounts, and the rear of the cage wasnet even bolted on! It just had the all thread going through with 1 nut.. The other nut was gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

broke clutch lever, bent my cage.. I bent the cage back and it was good as new
hahhahahahhahaha...it looks like you just got ADD and decided to stop wheelieng and go play xbox and just abandon your bike...lol
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

broke clutch lever, bent my cage.. I bent the cage back and it was good as new [/quote]

what exactly happened there? it lookd like u were rollin along fine then u pitched it??
Old 03-17-2010, 04:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
what exactly happened there? it lookd like u were rollin along fine then u pitched it??
I just had a squid moment

was trying to turn the bike left to avoid the pole, I shoulda pulled it back further and leaned more and I would have been fine.. But it kept going towards, and right before I bailed the bike started to feel like it was pitching towards the pole.. So I bailed before I ended up joining the bike in hitting the pole

Now I aim at poles to see how close I can come without crashing into them

Really it just comes down to me gettin 'scared' and taking my right foot off, and once I did that I was fucked lol
Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM

psychoJIMstunts is a decent person

first generation FI cage on 954... twelved and was fine, but hit the exhaust pipe, bike fell over left and cage ripped engine bolt out on right side. Tried everything to bend the cage back, but to no avail.

2nd generation FI cage, blocks scud missiles, but had to replace the long threaded bolt that came with it to a more solid one as it was as weak as a baby kitten when I tried to torque the nuts down on it. Went to Home Depot and got a new rod and locking nuts and it was all good. Survived several 12 wrecks.... Some of that statement sounded really gay though.

After seeing some wrecks from other people, would NEVER ever ever ever ever use a racing 905 cage. Broken welds out the ***, ripped motor mounts out, or bent cage/bolts so they had to be cut off with a wheel which took hours. Not to mention the shins busted all to hell and bloody just from riding period.

Can't speak of many others, because I've only seen my cages, and the 905 cages. Here.... give me a sec and I'll post pics of what the FI cage has been through tho...
Old 03-17-2010, 05:43 PM

Name:  james015.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  112.7 KB

Name:  james007.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  110.8 KB

Name:  james008.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  106.5 KB

Name:  james009.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  114.0 KB

Name:  james014.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  106.2 KB

Name:  james016.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  james024.jpg
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  james025.jpg
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  james020.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  97.5 KB
Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Mr Incognito is a decent person

Ive been pretty brand loyal to Sick Innovations since my nasty wreck a few years ago on my minty 07 6R. Did a fresh brake job and decided to work in my pads with an 80mph 5 mile highway wheelie. My buddy whos a mechanic said my new brake pads probably glazed over, because I had a habit of riding my brake a little too hard back in those days. Anywho, the SI cage is about the only thing that survived.

Name:  6r2.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  43.3 KB
Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM

ryan711 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mr Incognito
Ive been pretty brand loyal to Sick Innovations since my nasty wreck a few years ago on my minty 07 6R. Did a fresh brake job and decided to work in my pads with an 80mph 5 mile highway wheelie. My buddy whos a mechanic said my new brake pads probably glazed over, because I had a habit of riding my brake a little too hard back in those days. Anywho, the SI cage is about the only thing that survived.

wow bad day at the office fa sho
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ryan711
wow bad day at the office fa sho
Yea, it honestly could have been a lot worse....still sucked though. Watching your minty 6 month old bike burn in the middle of the highway and then getting road rash scrubbed out at the hospital an hour later makes for a pretty shitty evening.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 PM

I noticed the bike is upside down. Got my pics beat for sure.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

holy **** dude that is the most crazy **** ive ever seen, if sick ino. got a copy of this pic i bet they would use it for advertisment
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
holy **** dude that is the most crazy **** ive ever seen, if sick ino. got a copy of this pic i bet they would use it for advertisment
I sent it to them a few days after I took it and told them to do what they wish with it lol.....He posted it up on here but I think thats it. He was super cool and offered me a cage when I built my next bike, but it took me quite a while to start this new 636 so I figured the offer was long past lol....Im still rockin the SI cage and Sub cage on this new one though
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

looks like the rear rim is still good hahahahahaha
Old 03-18-2010, 10:57 AM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person

I sent it to them a few days after I took it and told them to do what they wish with it lol.....He posted it up on here but I think thats it. He was super cool and offered me a cage when I built my next bike, but it took me quite a while to start this new 636 so I figured the offer was long past lol....Im still rockin the SI cage and Sub cage on this new one though
Whats up man. I lost this pic through a computer crash along time ago. Can you resend it in a high res if you have it? Thanks for the continued support man.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:01 AM
big fonky rubber chicken

dude if you didn atleast try to hit him back sand ask ur crazy i bet he would have still done it for you