I dont agree

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 02:22 AM

snglsidedblade is an unknown quantity at this point
mc death

That;s a good site. Would be good for a school paper.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Regular StuntLifer

jamesjweg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by yambike
I am truly sorry for the people who have posted stories of injuries that occured to them or others by someone on a motorcycle. However, I think I'm being really misunderstood. Perhaps It's because this is an emotional topic. I'm trying to approach it as logically as possible.
I'm pretty sure that the statement I made that has everyone worked up is:

Everyone seems to be missing this part of that statement:

I am saying that it IS possible for someone to be injured by a motorcycle but that it is rare. It does not surprise me that members of this board can come up with stories about people being injured by motorcyclists because the members of this board are involved in stunt riding; some of the most risky behavior that can be done with a motorized vehicle. Of course you guys are going to know of some cases were someone has been injured by a motorcycle. I maintain that in the big picture, these cases are statistically rare compared to the number of motorcyclists being injured by cars.
I've been seaching Google trying to find statistics regarding injuries caused by motorcyclists. I have yet to find any. If anyone knows of any studies or statistics related to this let me know. I'll continue searching because this interests me.
I was able to find tons of statistics related to motorcycle accidents, wearing a hemet, drinking and riding etc.
Did you know that motorcyclists are 21 times more likely to die in an accident than a driver of a car? Check this site
http://www.iihs.org/safety_facts/fat...s/motorcyl.htm
What has me worked up is that you refuse to believe the facts when they are presented to you by fellow riders. You asked for info about bikes hurting cagers, I gave you one incedent which I have way to much personal knowlage of, and you preceded to dis it as a lie. For that go **** yourself. We all know that a car is more likly to hurt a biker than the other way around, but that was not what you started out as saying. FYI at the time when that happened I was not on the bike, I was anti-stunting, and there were no other bikes around. It had nothing to do with stunting, I just gave it as an example of the fact that bikes can and do at times kill non-bikes. Do not expect me reply to this thread again, or even to read it again for that matter. I'm sitting here, a grown man fighting back tears over what happened to that girl, damn right it's emotional. It's one thing (and still vary sad) when one of us who chooses to take a risk dies or is hurt badly, but a whole differant game when we through carelesness take that risk to others who do not choose it. BTW, if it's a lie I made up please tell my why I'm too upset to go to lunch with my co-wrkers after thinking about it?

James.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:18 AM

loomis is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by yambike

I am saying that it IS possible for someone to be injured by a motorcycle but that it is rare.

what i said was that other lives are at risk. nobody mentioned how often it could happen, nobody cares about statistics, there's no difference if the driver of the car was just involved or even killed, it's just the fact that it could happen. why take that risk? for those that do, be safe. but also, consider the lives around you.

one or more lives can be changed from just one mistake.