I dont agree

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 08:08 PM

yambike is an unknown quantity at this point
1. whats the difference between the park and a road with lots of people walking on the sidewalk?
Well, one is a road, the other one is a park. I personally wouldn't stunt in either of those places.

2. do the math, there a hundreds(thousands) of more cars on the road than motorcycles.
As long as we're doing math, 400 lbs. of aluminum vs. 4000 lbs of steel. Who do you think will win?

if you say that you are not putting others in danger while stunting in public (be it roads, highways, parks whatever) that statement is made in pure ignorance. there is no argument that will ever change that.
These are you're words, not mine. I said that it's rare that pedestrians and people driving cars are injured or killed by motorcyclists and I stand by that. Show me statistics, not stories, that prove otherwise and I'll admit I'm wrong.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:22 PM

wheremiat is an unknown quantity at this point
by "endangering the lives of others" did they mean other vehicles or could they have meant riders on the back ...... i dont know i didnt read the other thread
Old 08-01-2003, 08:24 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, your plainly put you are wrong. This was a squid statement that most of us make when first starting to stunt (I'm the only one that I'm affecting, It's only going to be me that gets hurt). After having experience riding, I've come to realize that it's totally false. In actuality, stunting on the streets affects everyone. Don't get me wrong I've had my share of doing it plenty of times, but my team still stunts, and not always in shows yet we keep it legal by getting permits for streets, and using parking lots. I know your wanting statistics, but I doubt anyone has them. I totally agree a car will win, but I wish I had the PICS of what my buddies bike did to a jeep at around 60, (killed him, but totaled the jeep). In fact, people can get in wrecks trying to avoid you if you crash, or just simply trying to watch you. It also scares some cars, not exactly sure why, but it can happen. Stay off the streets as much as possible, but that's your business if you do or not.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by BunaRocket
Well, your plainly put you are wrong. This was a squid statement that most of us make when first starting to stunt (I'm the only one that I'm affecting, It's only going to be me that gets hurt).
I didn't say that. You did.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by BunaRocket
Well, your plainly put you are wrong. This was a squid statement that most of us make when first starting to stunt
And by the way, I've been riding motorcycles for 20 yrs. I scrape my pegs and tail. You weren't implying that I'm a squid....were you squid?
Old 08-01-2003, 11:47 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
No, not implying that you are, just saying that's what most people say about it. No offense to you in any way.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:44 AM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by yambike
Well, one is a road, the other one is a park. I personally wouldn't stunt in either of those places.

As long as we're doing math, 400 lbs. of aluminum vs. 4000 lbs of steel. Who do you think will win?

These are you're words, not mine. I said that it's rare that pedestrians and people driving cars are injured or killed by motorcyclists and I stand by that. Show me statistics, not stories, that prove otherwise and I'll admit I'm wrong.
1) then why defend it? (stunting on the road)

2) that wasn't my point but thanks for taking my comment out of context.

anyway i'll let you go on thinking what you want to and i'll think what i want.....live and let live
Old 08-02-2003, 01:10 AM

Originally posted by OWA.TED

anyway i'll let you go on thinking what you want to and i'll think what i want.....live and let live [/B]
The funny thing is that we pretty much think the same thing. Througout this thread I've been defending myself against comments that I didn't make. For instance:

1) then why defend it? (stunting on the road)
If you re-read this thread you won't find any comments made by me that advocate or defend stunting on the road.

" Never happens " does happen
Again, I said nothing of the sort. I believe that pedestrians and motorists can be harmed by motorcyclists, but it's far more likely that motorcyclists will be harmed by cars.

Well, your plainly put you are wrong. This was a squid statement that most of us make when first starting to stunt (I'm the only one that I'm affecting, It's only going to be me that gets hurt).
Again, this is someone elses words, and I'll say it again, I believe that pedestrians and motorists can be harmed by motorcyclists, but it's far more likely that motorcyclists will be harmed by cars.
This is my only point, It's so obvious that I can't believe I'm debating it, and the only reason I brought it up is because someone used a thread dedicated to someones injuries as an opportunity to preach about how we shouldn't put other peoples lives at risk.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:34 AM

Originally posted by OWA.TED

2. do the math, there a hundreds(thousands) of more cars on the road than motorcycles.
And to take this comment in context, if the number of motorcycles were equal to that of cars, the number of motorcyclists being injured by cars would be proportionately greater. It's still 400lbs. vs. 4000lbs. My money's on the 4000 pounder.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:42 AM

snglsidedblade is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf were all in the same boat!!!!!

Guys, we all know if we stunt on the street there is a CHANCE the **** will hit the fan! With that said, I still take the risk. Ya I said it. You migh think I'm a dumb *** but I'll still pull **** on the highway, haul *** through the turns and tear it up in general, but if I see a situation ie. school zone, construction, big pack of unexperienced riders, I like to think that I tone it down a notch. I'm not out to kill myself or god forbid someone else......but it may happen. BTW, I'm starting to hate riding in big groups lately. Too much ignorance, drama, e.t.c. I much prefer riding in the small group of about 5 or 6 of my buds that I trust their riding capabilites and so on. I really didn't like the way I was riding in big groups. Just plain stupid! You can never know when one of these jeroff's on their brand new squid moble will get in your way so I just don't ride with the no more.
......AND IF U SEE ME IN YOUR MIRROR ON ONE WHEEL...STAY IN YOUR ****IN LANE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Regular StuntLifer

MrGixxer600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I dont agree

A member named Loomis posted this in the thread "rider down."

I didn't want to start a debate in a thread that was dedicated to someones injuries so I started this thread.

I do agree that public roads are not the best place to be doing stunts because of the increased risk of injury to yourself from cars, guardrails, things falling from trucks, etc. and attracting negative attention to the sport. But, the attitude that a motorcyclist is "risking the lives of others," this is an attitude most heard from hard on cops, and old ladies who have never rode a bike before. The most damage someone on a motorcycle could cause to the public is some property damage, no matter how recklessly they may be driving except in really rare cases. I challenge anyone to show me valid statistics that show that motorcyclists are causing injury to people driving cars, or trucks or to pedestrians to any significant degree. Anyone who rides a bike knows that the more valid concern is motorcyclists being mowed down by minivans or Lincolns driven by people who can hardly see out of the windshield.
I found this post offensive, especially in a thread that was started because a stunter was injured. It was true that he was injured due to his own actions but if he caused any injury to anyone else, I missed that part.

Save that "risking the lives of others" **** for www.soccermoms.com
Only problem I had with their post, like you said, is that they posted it in the wrong thread. That's like kicking someone when they're down, ya know? Just think about that guys friends or family reading all the get well wishes, and then coming accross that post. My two cents.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Regular StuntLifer

wheeliefreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, first off I totally agree, that was the wrong place for loomis to post that.

But in the same paragraph, in your first post, you say "The most damage someone on a motorcycle could cause to the public is some property damage, no matter how wreckless they may be driving, EXCEPT IN REALLY RARE CASES." And another in your second to last post "I believe pedestrians and motorists can be harmed by motorcyclists, but it is far more likely that a motorcyclists will be harmed by cars." It doesnt matter what is more likely, the fact is that it could happen.

Jamesjweg's story sounds real to me.You can call them hypothetical, freak accidents, or just

, but the fact is sh*t happens. and every time we stunt on public streets we are putting other peoples lives in danger.

And for the people that say "he deserved it" F*CK them F*UCKING pussies!

And for the record, I do agree that cars are much more harmful to bikes and riders, the old ladies pulling out, or the d*ck head switching lanes right in front of you......But to say that stunting in public doesnt indanger other peoples lives is just wrong.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:17 PM

But to say that stunting in public doesnt indanger other peoples lives is just wrong.
Once again, these are your words, not mine. If I wrote that I would have spelled endanger correctly.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:31 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
Once again, these are your words, not mine. If I wrote that I would have spelled endanger correctly.
If backpeddling were a sport, you would be the "Olympic Backpeddling Gold Medalist".
Old 08-02-2003, 05:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TrikChik
If backpeddling were a sport, you would be the "Olympic Backpeddling Gold Medalist".
Now children.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:37 PM

Originally posted by TrikChik
I thought this was more like dodge ball But I'll take that gold medal anyway.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Regular StuntLifer

wheeliefreak is an unknown quantity at this point
run little yambike, run.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:30 PM

image4you2see is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I dont agree

A member named Loomis posted this in the thread "rider down."

I didn't want to start a debate in a thread that was dedicated to someones injuries so I started this thread.

I do agree that public roads are not the best place to be doing stunts because of the increased risk of injury to yourself from cars, guardrails, things falling from trucks, etc. and attracting negative attention to the sport. But, the attitude that a motorcyclist is "risking the lives of others," this is an attitude most heard from hard on cops, and old ladies who have never rode a bike before. The most damage someone on a motorcycle could cause to the public is some property damage, no matter how recklessly they may be driving except in really rare cases. I challenge anyone to show me valid statistics that show that motorcyclists are causing injury to people driving cars, or trucks or to pedestrians to any significant degree. Anyone who rides a bike knows that the more valid concern is motorcyclists being mowed down by minivans or Lincolns driven by people who can hardly see out of the windshield.
I found this post offensive, especially in a thread that was started because a stunter was injured. It was true that he was injured due to his own actions but if he caused any injury to anyone else, I missed that part.

Save that "risking the lives of others" **** for www.soccermoms.com

Umm not to bust your bubble but i lost my leg to an idiot on a motorcycle. Granted i was a stunter also but were it happened to me we were just parked along side a country road taking a break and a idiot on a hyabusa went flying by at 100mph to try and be cool and lost control and hit me and took my leg off....
Old 08-02-2003, 10:48 PM

blownupgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
well i agree that we are more likely to hurt ourselves but i do know of a case of a kid who was a beginner,and came down out of a wheelie on a girl. the girl was on her bicycle and rode into the rode so he didnt see her that was very reckless but i tend to agree that we are more likely to injure ourselves
Old 08-02-2003, 11:52 PM

I am truly sorry for the people who have posted stories of injuries that occured to them or others by someone on a motorcycle. However, I think I'm being really misunderstood. Perhaps It's because this is an emotional topic. I'm trying to approach it as logically as possible.
I'm pretty sure that the statement I made that has everyone worked up is:

The most damage someone on a motorcycle could cause to the public is some property damage, no matter how recklessly they may be driving except in really rare cases.
Everyone seems to be missing this part of that statement:

except in really rare cases.
I am saying that it IS possible for someone to be injured by a motorcycle but that it is rare. It does not surprise me that members of this board can come up with stories about people being injured by motorcyclists because the members of this board are involved in stunt riding; some of the most risky behavior that can be done with a motorized vehicle. Of course you guys are going to know of some cases were someone has been injured by a motorcycle. I maintain that in the big picture, these cases are statistically rare compared to the number of motorcyclists being injured by cars.
I've been seaching Google trying to find statistics regarding injuries caused by motorcyclists. I have yet to find any. If anyone knows of any studies or statistics related to this let me know. I'll continue searching because this interests me.
I was able to find tons of statistics related to motorcycle accidents, wearing a hemet, drinking and riding etc.
Did you know that motorcyclists are 21 times more likely to die in an accident than a driver of a car? Check this site
http://www.iihs.org/safety_facts/fat...s/motorcyl.htm

Quick Reply: I dont agree