Test of Stunt Game Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:01 AM

KillTheStreet is a decent person
Test of Stunt Game Engine

I have just released a basic test that renders a full bone stock R6 in real time. No controls yet. Just seeing what I can get away with as far as graphics and compatibility with everyone else's PCs.

Please see this post:
Here to put in work!

Here is a link to the test:
http://killinthestreets.servegame.com/Test/test.zip

Let me know of any problems you have either in that thread this thread or by emailing me.

It should look like this:

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-12-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

the links not working lol
Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 AM

636squid is a decent person

Nothing
Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 AM

here is the link to the test not the thread:
My bad:

http://killinthestreets.servegame.com/Test/test.zip
Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

you should post this on www.stuntride.com
Old 03-12-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
you should post this on www.stuntride.com
Your welcome to do so, I'm just focusing on development, I'm the only one working on the project right now so I have my hands full. I will spread more information around about the game on other sites when I am closer to a user input test (maybe a week or two away).

Spread the word, the more people reporting bugs the better.

EDIT: I know about the windscreen bug and I will fix it later.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-12-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 AM

So those that have tried it, can you tell me if it installed ok or not and what issues it is giving you? Did it take a while to load the bike mesh? What specs are your computer if you had problems?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

What do you mean you're looking to see what you can get away with as far as graphics

You're rendering a single static mesh, this is not some amazing graphical display, nor is it anywhere near a game engine.

Nobody with a PC made in the last 10 years should have a problem loading this within a reasonable time frame or rendering this
Old 03-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by inolen
What do you mean you're looking to see what you can get away with as far as graphics

You're rendering a single static mesh, this is not some amazing graphical display, nor is it anywhere near a game engine.

Nobody with a PC made in the last 10 years should have a problem loading this within a reasonable time frame or rendering this
For anyone that downloaded it, your computer most likely has an STD now.

I'm j/k...I hope.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:42 AM

You are correct and incorrect, this is not a single mesh, it is a single model. It is not a game engine, you are also correct about that, but it is a test of a graphics engine. Hey man, if your here to hate go ahead and make me famous.

Also not true about any PC being able to run this, only windows PCs can. I'm curious more about install/display/load issues at this point and that is it. Seems like you know a thing or two about this and could help with development/testing.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by DOKE
For anyone that downloaded it, your computer most likely has an STD now.

I'm j/k...I hope.
No viruses, just looking for honest input is all.

This thread is where I will announce the game engine once I have controls and many other parts finalised.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:54 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
You are correct and incorrect, this is not a single mesh, it is a single model. It is not a game engine, you are also correct about that, but it is a test of a graphics engine. Hey man, if your here to hate go ahead and make me famous.

Also not true about any PC being able to run this, only windows PCs can. I'm curious more about install/display/load issues at this point and that is it. Seems like you know a thing or two about this and could help with development/testing.
Due to the pettiness of your arguments it is quite clear that you are far from having the experience to ever make this a reality.

It doesn't matter if the bike is indeed a composite of multiple meshes, it's still just a relatively low poly count textured model. As I said, any PC made in the past 10 years has enough power to effortlessly render that. Clearly only Windows based PCs can run it as it is written in C# (actually this isn't 100% true, Mono provides cross-platform support for the .NET runtime and MonoXNA provides cross-platform support for the XNA framework), but my comment was made with regard to the hardware performance of PCs within the last 10 years.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

No viruses, just looking for honest input is all.

This thread is where I will announce the game engine once I have controls and many other parts finalised.

Thanks.
What state are you in?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Due to the pettiness of your arguments it is quite clear that you are far from having the experience to ever make this a reality.

It doesn't matter if the bike is indeed a composite of multiple meshes, it's still just a relatively low poly count textured model. As I said, any PC made in the past 10 years has enough power to effortlessly render that. Clearly only Windows based PCs can run it as it is written in C# (actually this isn't 100% true, Mono provides cross-platform support for the .NET runtime and MonoXNA provides cross-platform support for the XNA framework), but my comment was made with regard to the hardware performance of PCs within the last 10 years.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:05 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Hey man, if your here to hate go ahead and make me famous.
Kelm? Is that you?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

Originally Posted by frayz
Kelm? Is that you?

It's probably that "Most Wanted" guy
Old 03-12-2010, 12:44 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by toneth
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM

PGHStrts is a decent person

No wonder people like SR better. Bitches
Old 03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

Originally Posted by PGHStrts
Run along then....they might need you over there.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PGHStrts
yes, they gotta get away from dbags like you

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine