Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Saturnin is a decent person
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

i'm catching up

Old 03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
JENNY JENN is my bieootch

ninjakiller34 can only hope to improve

ima be the hater.....this would have to be like the most boring game ever! Stunt'n game? really?

You can do Stunts on GTA San Andreas and on LIBERTY CITY.....just saying
Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM

KillTheStreet is a decent person

Originally Posted by ninjakiller34
ima be the hater.....this would have to be like the most boring game ever! Stunt'n game? really?

You can do Stunts on GTA San Andreas and on LIBERTY CITY.....just saying
That crap on GTA is not stunts, lets see a seat stander or some high chair Os? Then don't play it or be interested in it since you know all the features that haven't even been implemented yet. You all assume I'm making a stuntmoto008 clone or something. I'm glad you could see into the future enough to tell me my game sucks.
I'm not releasing a feature list any time soon, but rest assured a story line and challenges are planned along with interesting features to keep you busy for a while. Why don't you wait and see instead of being a hater?

So about those R6 weights?

What I need to know to calculate the center of gravity is this information:
Weight on front tire when bike is level
Weight on rear tire when bike is level
Weight on front tire when rear tire is lifted 14 inches off the ground

If I could get this information for a Naked, SF, and FF bike that would be great along with total weight if it differs from 417lbs.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

IMO the only way a stunt game would be fun is if you had handle bar controls to hit clutch/hb/throttle/brake etc etc
Old 03-18-2010, 01:14 PM

frayz, I have an advanced control scheme worked out, keep an eye open for the thread. No silly handle bars required and still have accurate control of pressure sensitive things like gas/brake/hb/clutch.

Current controls will be DirectX compatible devices and XBox360 remotes for PC and XBox360 remote for the console.

I will post that thread when I am done with my physics test, I will want everyone's input on controls at that time.

I'm not interested in the Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero garbage where they force you to buy a special controller to play a game. I want people to save that money to get a new stunt part for their real bikes. What a marketing gimmick that is! I'm not in it for the money, but to do something I want to do.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-18-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
Hello, I'm working on the center of gravity for one of the models in the game now. If anyone with a 2006/2007 R6 could help me out that would be great.

I know the bike (stock) weighs around 417lbs wet.

What I need to know to calculate the center of gravity is this information:
Weight on front tire when bike is level
Weight on rear tire when bike is level
Weight on front tire when rear tire is lifted 14 inches off the ground

If I could get this information for a Naked, SF, and FF bike that would be great along with total weight if it differs from 417lbs.

This information will help me with the feel of the game, currently my physics are just half assed but I want to add as much true simulation detail as possible to bring out the realism.
Do you really expect people to be able to get you this info? Hows that possible? Why cant you just take your 636 and lift it up and park it on the bar and throw a scale underneath it? Then do the same for the front wheel etc etc.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Do you really expect people to be able to get you this info? Hows that possible? Why cant you just take your 636 and lift it up and park it on the bar and throw a scale underneath it? Then do the same for the front wheel etc etc.
I don't have a shop or equipment to gather the data on my own. I wish I did. I don't have a 12 bar on my 636, just stock scraped up exhaust. I want a round bar and need a new sub frame..

My bike is not the one to use as the example, trust me!

Anyone who works at a warehouse might be able to do the weights with a big scale for crates and stuff and a fork lift to safely lift the bike maybe. I'm not 100% sure, if I knew I wouldn't be asking. Be creative.

A tip is that the front wheel plus rear wheel on level ground will add up to the total weight.

I can keep on fudging numbers but I want it to be semi accurate.

Right now the basic stuff I have feel very cartoonish and fake so I'm trying to fine tune some properties and add to it.

Maybe use stands for stability and subtract their weight from the final number? I don't know.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:37 AM

Larse is a decent person

the weight distribution should be 52,5% at the front wheel and 47,5% at the rear.

so it should be 198,075 lbs at the rear wheel and 218,925 at the front wheel, if i calculated it right
Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Larse
the weight distribution should be 52,5% at the front wheel and 47,5% at the rear.

so it should be 198,075 lbs at the rear wheel and 218,925 at the front wheel, if i calculated it right
******* pimp! Thanks man, how did you figure that? I'm going to put that in and see what it reacts like. Do you think that lifting the rear about 14" off the ground will add around 60 lbs to the front? I'm just guessing here.

Oh, and my shocks are too springy, so I'm curious if anyone has information on how to calculate bound and rebound for the R6. I know the travel length just not how it reacts along the length travel for the front and rear suspension.

Sorry suspension is not my strong point... I'm a 3d artist .. ha

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-21-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM

Larse is a decent person

******* pimp! Thanks man, how did you figure that? I'm going to put that in and see what it reacts like. Do you think that lifting the rear about 14" off the ground will add around 60 lbs to the front? I'm just guessing here.

Oh, and my shocks are too springy, so I'm curious if anyone has information on how to calculate bound and rebound for the R6. I know the travel length just not how it reacts along the length travel for the front and rear suspension.

Sorry suspension is not my strong point... I'm a 3d artist .. ha
Just searched the web to find out the weight distribution, then it's just some math

i guess you could calculate the extra weight on one wheel, since you have the bike's rake and the distance 14", you can findout the angles in the triangle between the tires and the ground. and by the angles calculate the extra weight.. it's just physics, which i've sort of forgotten the bit that could be useful now
Old 03-21-2010, 05:53 PM

I need the center of gravity off the ground to do the angle math to find out how much weight it would increase on the front. The center of gravity is my end goal so eh... I'll fudge it for now and see what happens.

Thanks for your support!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Larse is a decent person

if i upload something in .prt or .asm at: http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/default.aspx can you use it then? i'm working in pro engineer in school, which have those fromats.

can't download 3ds max in school, and don't know how to work in autocad
Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 AM

For sure! I can convert it and use it.

What do you got? Maybe I'll setup an ftp upload folder on my website and you can place it there? What works best for you?

I started in Pro/E and SolidWorks long time ago! What version of wildfire so I can see if my converter is compatible. What other versions of files can you export? Meshes and NURBS work better than solid models but I can still work with it. Also what unit of measurement are you using?

Just checked out that site and it would have saved me some time modelling bikes, they have a spiffy R6 on the front page right now.

edit: I think they charge for a membership and I'm poor so I'm not sure if I could get your file from that site.

Thanks man! Any help is better than no help.

P.S. AutoCAD is GARBAGE unless your working with flat sheet metal. LOL, 2D in a 3D world is a joke. Don't bother learning it.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-22-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM

If you want I may be able to convert the bike models I have been working on into Pro/E format so you can help me make custom stunt parts per each bike? If you're not interested that is cool too. No worries.

I can send you a detailed spreadsheet of bikes and details missing and stunt parts that are going to be purchasable as upgrades or customisation for the game. I can place all the files on my web server and you can access them at will if you want. Respond in a PM if you're interested we can talk more details in private.

I have to let you know that I'm working on making the game run before I make it pretty or any where near perfect.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 PM

Larse is a decent person

For sure! I can convert it and use it.

What do you got? Maybe I'll setup an ftp upload folder on my website and you can place it there? What works best for you?

I started in Pro/E and SolidWorks long time ago! What version of wildfire so I can see if my converter is compatible. What other versions of files can you export? Meshes and NURBS work better than solid models but I can still work with it. Also what unit of measurement are you using?

Just checked out that site and it would have saved me some time modelling bikes, they have a spiffy R6 on the front page right now.

edit: I think they charge for a membership and I'm poor so I'm not sure if I could get your file from that site.

Thanks man! Any help is better than no help.

P.S. AutoCAD is GARBAGE unless your working with flat sheet metal. LOL, 2D in a 3D world is a joke. Don't bother learning it.

Don't have anything yet, but how hard could it be to make something, like a cage, helmet or such?

i'm working in version 5, but we have the older versions as well. not quite sure on which other formats there is, have only worked with .prt and .asm...

I can make .prt files as solid, composite, sheetmetal and bulk. (or, that's what says in the program :P) I'm using the metric system, waay easier then the one with inches and so
Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Just a short quick update.

I'm deep into the physics engine of the game and in an effort to not make another arcade type stunt clone I am burying my desk in motorcycle physics and dynamics books and coding much of the physics in as I get to it.

I'll be honest, there is a bit more physics than I thought there would be. I'll try my best to make it as true to life simulator as possible. (That means the game is going to be a challenge!)

On another note Larse has been a large help with the graphics development and the project is a rollin'.

I hope to be able to post screen shots soon of a riderless bike and also a controller/input thread will follow.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM

I'm looking for a book called "Motorcycle Dynamics" By Vittore Cossalter. The closest copy I can find is at the Milwaukee County Federated Library in Wisconsin. I may end up buying a copy but if anyone has one or can get one for me that would be cool. Not looking forward to buying a $50 book.

Also, if anyone has experience with programming for an Xbox360 remote let me know. I'm having a problem with the Z-Axis (triggers)...

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-30-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

I'm looking for a book called "Motorcycle Dynamics" By Vittore Cossalter. The closest copy I can find is at the Milwaukee County Federated Library in Wisconsin. I may end up buying a copy but if anyone has one or can get one for me that would be cool. Not looking forward to buying a $50 book.

Also, if anyone has experience with programming for an Xbox360 remote let me know. I'm having a problem with the Z-Axis (triggers)...
If you can't map buttons this games in trouble
Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by toneth
If you can't map buttons this games in trouble
Both of the triggers are on the Z axis, one is positive and one is negative. When you press both it is like not pressing any. I know there is a way to have them work independently when pressed at the same time but I'm not there yet. Have been focused on the physics pretty heavy. Compared to the physics button mapping is nothing. I can map just fine on my PS3 controller because Sony was not stupid and made the triggers individual buttons not shared axis.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 AM

I have found a patch for the M$ driver for the Xbox360 pad to read the triggers as buttons but it is unsupported and I will not rely on it. I also want to design around the Xbox360 controller because it is easier than a generic Xinput device and I can go straight to XBox360 when the game is in testing or done without having to redo user inputs.

Here is a link to some other people bitching about the same thing when programming for their own games.

I'm waiting on an XNA book to arrive so I can see if the answer is in there. Coding is not my strong point but I am no dummy and will plug at it until I find an answer.

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine