Test of Stunt Game Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:47 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
C'mon man, you act like I'm a complete retard or something. I understand that a complete product will not just roll off my keyboard any time soon. That is the reason why I am working on this project in components. I figure that I can cover the know elements. The models and physics for the bikes and once a proof of concept is here then I will butcher it and make it what I have planned. You are correct that I need to learn C# a bit better, and I am going to always be the first to admit this. I do know C++ and the transition is not as painful as I had feared.

This project is much smaller scale than what I have worked on in the past for commercial industry. A PS3 remote or XBox remote have far fewer inputs to map and variables to plan for. Thank God I'm not calcualting buoyancy at extreme depths anymore, that stuff was garbage. I'm thinking that the 3D math will be a bit more complex than the ROV simulator though. I'm confident that I will be able to figure it out though.
No, you do not "know" C++. I've worked with both languages in a professional capacity for an extensive period of time, and just the way you're talking about them clues me in on how little you know. Going from C++ -> C# shouldn't isn't a fearful transition. Using a managed language like C# with the .NET framework is absolute cruise control compared to C++. You don't need to learn much about C# if you know C++, syntactically they are very similar. Perhaps you need to learn more about the .NET framework, but again, you don't know how to discuss these things because you're clueless.

It's easier because of less button mappings? Or because you're not calculating a single buoyancy formula it's easier? Neither of these have any consequences on the overall complexity of a project.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by inolen
No, you do not "know" C++. I've worked with both languages in a professional capacity for an extensive period of time, and just the way you're talking about them clues me in on how little you know. Going from C++ -> C# shouldn't isn't a fearful transition. Using a managed language like C# with the .NET framework is absolute cruise control compared to C++. You don't need to learn much about C# if you know C++, syntactically they are very similar. Perhaps you need to learn more about the .NET framework, but again, you don't know how to discuss these things because you're clueless.

It's easier because of less button mappings? Or because you're not calculating a single buoyancy formula it's easier? Neither of these have any consequences on the overall complexity of a project.
+1 hehehe
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM

KillTheStreet is a decent person

Really comparing what I did in the past and what I'm doing now is like comparing apples to oranges, they are both fruit and have seed but they taste completely different.

So what, the packaging is different? Your still interacting in real time with a physics based 3D environment to complete goals.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Just because my primary job was a 3D artist does not mean I was not involved in the code at all. I have a bachelors degree in computer sciences and also a bachelors degree in industrial animation and design. By the way, I never claimed to be making an AAA game, just an independent game. Your wasting my time I thought you might have some real input.

You act like there is not a surge of independent studios developing compelling game titles at the moment or that it is impossible to do. I assure you that I can make it happen with my own time, blood and sweat.

Thanks for nothing buddy.
You sound like the squid who comes to the spot and thinks he knows how to stunt because he talked to someone at the spot who does.

You did art, not programming.

I'm not saying it is impossible for anyone to develop a quality game independent of a major publisher. I'm saying you're not going to do it with your current subset of skills.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM

Ok buddy, sure...

I feel differently, your entitled to your opinion.

Programming is not my strong point, I will say it again, are you missing that in all of my posts? That is the reason why I asked for help in one of the first threads I created. That way I don't have to climb the learning curve. C++ is very similar to C# and I said it wasn't as painful a transition as I had feared... I didn't make a big deal about it why are you? I went to school for programming before 3D design and technology changes and you get rusty, it is a fact of life.

And yes, I did programming. I was the one responsible for the top view of the 3D studio max model rendered in DirectX using PhysX before it was called PhysX or owned by NVidia.

Your funny if you think a company wouldn't hire a person to have two job responsibilities. AKA 3D art and programming the 3D art to work with their subsystem. Their subsystem is what was so complex, not the control scheme or a simple buoyancy issue. If you worked with me on the project you would understand the buoyancy thing was a joke because one day I put an incorrect value in and things went all wonky. It was just funny seeing things float that were not supposed to float at the bottom of the sea. Sorry for the nerd humor.

I'm not telling people how to wheelie, I'm no pro ... never claimed to be. I'm not claiming to be an AAA game developer either. What stick is up your *** man?

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-15-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

this is better then Neil explaining tire psi. to Toneth
Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by skillz
this is better then neil explaining tire psi. To toneth
Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM

You guys will see, your only making me want to get this **** done harder and faster, and I don't quit.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person

[quote=OnEWhEeLNEAL;4285141]Best time to do that would be Hollywoods Block Party. Here's a clip from the 2nd or 3rd year. After Double O left there wasnt a dedicated camera man the last few years but its been gettin better and better each year.
\

yea dude that ***** hot but im in north carolina (charlotte) and gas+hotel would b insane
Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Ok buddy, sure...

I feel differently, your entitled to your opinion.

Programming is not my strong point, I will say it again, are you missing that in all of my posts? That is the reason why I asked for help in one of the first threads I created. That way I don't have to climb the learning curve. C++ is very similar to C# and I said it wasn't as painful a transition as I had feared... I didn't make a big deal about it why are you? I went to school for programming before 3D design and technology changes and you get rusty, it is a fact of life.

And yes, I did programming. I was the one responsible for the top view of the 3D studio max model rendered in DirectX using PhysX before it was called PhysX or owned by NVidia.

Your funny if you think a company wouldn't hire a person to have two job responsibilities. AKA 3D art and programming the 3D art to work with their subsystem. Their subsystem is what was so complex, not the control scheme or a simple buoyancy issue. If you worked with me on the project you would understand the buoyancy thing was a joke because one day I put an incorrect value in and things went all wonky.
Man, some people just can't help but to try and fake the funk.

I love how you tried to legitimize yourself with "using PhysX before it was called PhysX or owned by NVidia." That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing. But since you you can't offer any factual or intelligent views on the subject at hand, you tried to drop some completely unrelated random fact to make it seem like you had a clue.

Plenty of people go to school for things they never really learned. It's like trying to prove to people that you know how to stunt because you read stuntlife

Last edited by inolen; 03-15-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM

You guys will see, your only making me want to get this **** done harder and faster, and I don't quit.
Ok Kelm.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Man, some people just can't help but to try and fake the funk.

I love how you tried to legitimize yourself with "using PhysX before it was called PhysX or owned by NVidia." That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing. But since you you can't offer any factual or intelligent views on the subject at hand, you tried to drop some completely unrelated random fact to make it seem like you had a clue.

Plenty of people go to school for things they never really learned. It's like trying to prove to people that you know how to stunt because you read stuntlife
I'm a 3.5 GPA kinda guy. Graduated in 2003. Maybe I'm not so seasoned that I dream in code but I can draw some stuff.

PhysX would be my prefered physics engine, did you not read anything? It is the only engine I have knowledge with... Posted for the 5th or so time. No faking and no funk buddy. I'm rusty not green behind the ears. I can do this and you can just sit there and hate it.

I would prefer your help over your negative criticism and personal attacks. You don't know me, quit pretending you do. I'm not quitting this.

I'll have a physics demo up and ready in the next week or so for you to critique again.

Maybe some day you will pat me on the back and say, you hard headed son of a bitch you did ok... for a 3D artist.

I think with time and effort anything is possible with will power. I have enough of all of those to do it alone, but I'm never turning down help. Again, not the first time I have said that.

All of my posts have been 100% honest.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a 3.5 GPA kinda guy. Graduated in 2003. Maybe I'm not so seasoned that I dream in code but I can draw some stuff.

PhysX would be my prefered physics engine, did you not read anything? It is the only engine I have knowledge with... Posted for the 5th or so time. No faking and no funk buddy. I'm rusty not green behind the ears. I can do this and you can just sit there and hate it.

I would prefer your help over your negative criticism and personal attacks. You don't know me, quit pretending you do. I'm not quitting this.

I'll have a physics demo up and ready in the next week or so for you to critique again.

Maybe some day you will pat me on the back and say, you hard headed son of a bitch you did ok... for a 3D artist.

I think with time and effort anything is possible with will power. I have enough of all of those to do it alone, but I'm never turning down help. Again, not the first time I have said that.

All of my posts have been 100% honest.
for such an educated man you sure do have a lot of trouble with the correct use of "your" and "you're" in your posts.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i've met some pretty intelligent people that cant spell for ****, but then again supposedly having 2 bachelors degrees i would imagine would teach a man the difference between your and you're, not to mention i have never seen someones bluff get called out as hard as inolen has done
i dont think i'm gonna hold my breath while waiting for this stunt game to come out
Old 03-15-2010, 06:02 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i've met some pretty intelligent people that cant spell for ****, but then again supposedly having 2 bachelors degrees i would imagine would teach a man the difference between your and you're, not to mention i have never seen someones bluff get called out as hard as inolen has done
i dont think i'm gonna hold my breath while waiting for this stunt game to come out
intelligence and education are often two different things. which is why i said education.... intelligence can often times make up for lack of education but rarely does education make up for lack of intelligence
Old 03-15-2010, 06:30 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm not saying that what you're trying to do here is easy and what I've worked on is hard, I'm simply legitimizing my statements when I say you're a moron that has no idea what he's talking about.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

+1 hehehe
hahaha
Old 03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
NealFoReal

this is better then Neil explaining tire psi. to Toneth
buahahahaha did i ever explain tire psi to toneth i dont remember that one.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i'i have never seen someones bluff get called out as hard as inolen has done
+1 this thread is great
Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Is building another f4i

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
buahahahaha did i ever explain tire psi to toneth i dont remember that one.
you didnt have to duck for that one did you

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine