Test of Stunt Game Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 03:36 PM

KillTheStreet is a decent person
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

To those who are having problems with the install please try this and let me know what works.

Can you try and install the latest Dx9 from Microsoft and install the test again? I'm using newest api drivers for dx9 and .net 2.0 so I'll post two links to those to see if they will provide a work around to the install.

Sorry if this is greek to you, but it may give me an idea of what is wrong since I cannot test it myself yet. I do appreciate your efforts.

Links:
M$ DirectX9.0 as of 2/5/2010

If that doesn't get it then this may:
M$ .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

The links go to Microsoft sites and do not start downloads automatically. If one of these fixes it let me know and I will build the redistribution package into the test to fix this issue.

Thanks again for your patience.

Otherwise I need to build in the XNA Redist. Package and that should do it as well. One way or another I'll get it compatible with Windows XP and up fo sho.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:46 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

threadjack
http://www.rodostube.gr/video/c0fc54...xican-vs-white
Old 03-13-2010, 04:18 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

chevelle2030 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jcf4i

wow dude that was fukn crazy
Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

yeah, thats a bad *** whoopin there. that turd couldnt have gotn his chin higher unless he jumped.. lol.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

yeah, thats a bad *** whoopin there. that turd couldnt have gotn his chin higher unless he jumped.. lol.

dude sounded like a choo chootrain when he came back to life
Old 03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
o **** so u were there for that...
only way i woulda went home is if the lady got crushed lol but since she didnt we kept ripping with cops eventually trying to catch us near times square lol

Originally Posted by Saturnin
.... didnt the other car pop its air bag as well? lol....

daum that was a fun ******* night... i'm going to do my best to come out to NY once again... i love yo city
I didnt see that but I did see his whole hood was DESTROYED so I'm assuming the airbag deployed. Fun times for sure and look forward to next time you come out
Old 03-13-2010, 05:40 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dayum that was nuts......
Old 03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
big fonky rubber chicken

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Dayum that was nuts......

damn i need to take a trip to ny to ride
Old 03-13-2010, 06:02 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

Old 03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by chevelle2030
damn i need to take a trip to ny to ride
Best time to do that would be Hollywoods Block Party. Here's a clip from the 2nd or 3rd year. After Double O left there wasnt a dedicated camera man the last few years but its been gettin better and better each year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO2K4uDgK4Q

Even better - small clip from a spectator in the street that I found on youtube. This was during the Halloween ride but it goes down like this during the block party too. Nothing better than rollin through Times Square and past Madison Square Garden on one wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfd8gYjzCWE
Old 03-13-2010, 07:28 PM
NealFoReal

Every stunt rider should experience Hollywoods Block Party at least once
Old 03-13-2010, 07:43 PM

I'm missing out, you guys shut down **** in NY.

Anyone try my fix? I'm going to setup a virtual machine and test on it so I don't have to have you guys doing my piddly ****.

Did anyone try the fix I posted?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM

ryans900 is a decent person

**** the haters man at least your trying..... looks great so far!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 AM

On my physics proof of concept, I'm having a problem.

I'm using BulletX for my 3D physics engine and I am tweaking it a bit to "feel" right. I'm having a problem though.

I have not modeled a rider and without a rider a bike will not stand without a kickstand or being in motion. I'm trying as hard as I can to keep it realistic so I do not want to fudge a variable. If I give the bike a vector it will balance for a bit before the velocity falls and the bike ends up on it's side. I'm considering making a simple model that is invisible for now just to use as a riders foot when the bike is at a stop.

Any thoughts on that from someone who might know a simple work around? I think the simple proposed invisible "foot" might work for now. Hoping to find a good solution that will transition to bike recovery after a spill with little effort... two birds one stone kinda thing.

I know this should be posted in the BulletX forum, but no one there is working with complex motorcycle models and physics.... that I know if and from a quick search.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-15-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
I have not modeled a rider and without a rider a bike will not stand without a kickstand or being in motion. I'm trying as hard as I can to keep it realistic so I do not want to fudge a variable. If I give the bike a vector it will balance for a bit before the velocity falls and the bike ends up on it's side. I'm considering making a simple model that is invisible for now just to use as a riders foot when the bike is at a stop.

Any thoughts on that from someone who might know a simple work around? I think the simple proposed invisible "foot" might work for now. Hoping to find a good solution that will transition to bike recovery after a spill with little effort... two birds one stone kinda thing.
Is this supposed to make any sense Yut ugh.

The problem is your trying to plug and play some physics solution when you're in way over your head.

Last edited by inolen; 03-15-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by inolen
Is this supposed to make any sense Yut ugh.

The problem is your trying to plug and play some physics solution when you're in way over your head.
Sorry, I meant to say vector and velocity... And I'm new to this physics engine yeah. I cannot use PhysX because it is C++ and only managed code will run on XBOX360... I would use it if I could because the API is more familiar to me. Basically the velocity falls due to coeff of friction. Simple physics buddy and would make sense to a physicist.

And no it is not plug and play, obviously... BulletX only supports car physics (very different than motorcycle physics) out of the box so there is no way to "plug-and-play" something that is not even supported. I had to modify the engine a bit to my liking.

So do you have any helpful suggestions or just feeling like being an *** hat today...

As far as physics go, here is the last machine I worked on a detailed simulation for:

In over my head is different than being in a new market... Try and work on something that complex, it trumps any Tony Hawk game you have ever worked on buddy... I'm just using different technology and there is a learning curve is all.

This machine uses C++ and PhysX, now I'm using C# and BulletX ... big whoop...

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-15-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, I meant to say vector and velocity... And I'm new to this physics engine yeah. I cannot use PhysX because it is C++ and only managed code will run on XBOX360... I would use it if I could because the API is more familiar to me.

So do you have any helpful suggestions or just feeling like being an *** hat today...
My helpful advice:
Learn how to program.
Learn about 3d math.

Then work on applying these concepts to smaller scale projects so you can actually learn something and make a complete product. Making a complete product is a hard thing to do, even on small scale projects and will teach you a lot.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 AM

As far as physics go, here is the last machine I worked on a detailed simulation for:

In over my head is different than being in a new market... Try and work on something that complex, it trumps any Tony Hawk game you have ever worked on buddy... I'm just using different technology and there is a learning curve is all.

This machine uses C++ and PhysX, now I'm using C# and BulletX ... big whoop...
I just saw you added this to your post.

What are you trying to say you did here? You said you were an artist earlier, so did you do programming or art for this project? Flashing some photos with no explanation of your involvement doesn't help with the "faking the funk" aura you have going here.

AAA games are rather complex projects, but I love how with your complete lack of experience you can say that some project it seems you did art for is more complex

I'm not saying that what you're trying to do here is easy and what I've worked on is hard, I'm simply legitimizing my statements when I say you're a moron that has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited by inolen; 03-15-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM

My helpful advice:
Learn how to program.
Learn about 3d math.

Then work on applying these concepts to smaller scale projects so you can actually learn something and make a complete product. Making a complete product is a hard thing to do, even on small scale projects and will teach you a lot.
C'mon man, you act like I'm a complete retard or something. I understand that a complete product will not just roll off my keyboard any time soon. That is the reason why I am working on this project in components. I figure that I can cover the know elements. The models and physics for the bikes and once a proof of concept is here then I will butcher it and make it what I have planned. You are correct that I need to learn C# a bit better, and I am going to always be the first to admit this. I do know C++ and the transition is not as painful as I had feared.

This project is much smaller scale than what I have worked on in the past for commercial industry. A PS3 remote or XBox remote have far fewer inputs to map and variables to plan for. Thank God I'm not calcualting buoyancy at extreme depths anymore, that stuff was garbage. I'm thinking that the 3D math will be a bit more complex than the ROV simulator though. I'm confident that I will be able to figure it out though.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:43 AM

I just saw you added this to your post.

What are you trying to say you did here? You said you were an artist earlier, so did you do programming or art for this project? Flashing some photos with no explanation of your involvement doesn't help with the "faking the funk" aura you have going here.

AAA games are rather complex projects, but I love how with your complete lack of experience you can say that some project it seems you did art for is more complex
Just because my primary job was a 3D artist does not mean I was not involved in the code at all. I have a bachelors degree in computer sciences and also a bachelors degree in industrial animation and design. By the way, I never claimed to be making an AAA game, just an independent game. Your wasting my time I thought you might have some real input.

You act like there is not a surge of independent studios developing compelling game titles at the moment or that it is impossible to do. I assure you that I can make it happen with my own time, blood and sweat.

Thanks for nothing buddy.

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine