Test of Stunt Game Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:26 AM

KillTheStreet is a decent person
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

Hey can we keep this work safe? I'm trying to do work here and don't want this to be a NSFW thread. Funny vids are cool, but **** that can get people fired from their jobs isn't... C'mon man, please edit the posts and keep this safe to view at work.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

You're such a joke
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM

Thanks for your support inolen. You're really furthering the game development so much with your positive comments.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-13-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Servinitup420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by inolen
Due to the pettiness of your arguments it is quite clear that you are far from having the experience to ever make this a reality.

It doesn't matter if the bike is indeed a composite of multiple meshes, it's still just a relatively low poly count textured model. As I said, any PC made in the past 10 years has enough power to effortlessly render that. Clearly only Windows based PCs can run it as it is written in C# (actually this isn't 100% true, Mono provides cross-platform support for the .NET runtime and MonoXNA provides cross-platform support for the XNA framework), but my comment was made with regard to the hardware performance of PCs within the last 10 years.
Lolz sounds like someone knows there ****
Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 AM

You guys sound like a crowd cheering loudly at someone doing weak sauce acrobatics and being quiet when someone else is doing a technical circle combo. Really he hasn't posted any more than what you could find on a Google search and it is misleading or not related to the current project. If you don't understand what he is saying why do you comment... Your being yuttt ughhhs of computer programming right now.

Example:
He made a reference of my low poly model, MANY current games use low poly models... in fact that is the goal!
He referenced me using M$ software over free opensource MONO ... doesn't matter, it is all C# and the difference is mainly preference and library choices.
He states that any computer should run this when in fact there have been about a dozen reports of it not working ... hmmm...

I can coach a football team through a tv just as well as he can talk about my choices through the internet. Opinions are like ********, everyone has one... What matters is action and I'm taking it, what action has he taken towards making this a reality if he really knows his ****?

The guy posted up a bunch of garbage about open source software and then calls my argument petty? I'm not comparing software packages and I'm not interested in cross platform support or using openGL to render my graphics. If he really knows this **** I'm calling him out, help me write a proper physics engine, I could use the help. I have openly admitted that I'm a 3D artist by trade and coding is more of a hobby on multiple threads. I know enough coding to get this project created and I have done similar projects in the past for my own enjoyment. This is not my first foray into computer programming or graphics.

No I'm not doing this in MONO as I prefer Microsoft's solution more due to more experience with the IDE. Also MonoXNA is a garbage project that is half ported currently and not 100% compatible with M$ XNA. MonoXNA is not M$ XNA.

You will see more from me and this project will roll on, period. Look for another test within the next 10 business days.

I will say it again, the first test was about install and dx3d support on your individual computers. I know it works on mine but I am making this to run on as many people's computers as possible and XBox360 eventually. It was only a FIRST test and since I am the only one working on the project it will come in chunks slowly.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-13-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:12 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Again, you're an idiot that can't read apparently.

I said all this program does is render a single low poly model of a motorcycle. I didn't say that was a bad thing, but it's like bragging about a car pushing 2 horse power. I also never said to use Mono, I merely said it was a technical possibility after you tried to be a technical stickler with me.

Yes, any computer made in the past 10 years has the hardware power to run something as basic as what you've made. I can't help it that you're a moron and can't get it to install correctly. Those are 2 completely separate issues. But it is hilarious that you think you're going to create a full-fledged game somehow yet you can't even get your program to install correctly

Since you think I don't have any credibility, here is my rap sheet, where is yours?
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...operId,200814/

Last edited by inolen; 03-13-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Hey man, just stating the facts from my point of view, sorry your point of view is from your *** hole.

You really could choose to help with a past like that.

I'm more on the 3D side and heavy on the technical side of it all.

I have done animations for Oceaneering and have helped program their ancient C ROV tooling training simulation. I have done engineering animations and physics simulations for Bose Corp. I have designed simulations for Boston Scientific and Medtronic for their pacemakers. The majority of my work has been in real world 3D simulations.

XNA is new to me, C++ programming and animation are not. C# is like easy C++ and I LOVE it!

And yes I will make a full blown game, just you wait and see. Where there is a will there is a way, it cannot be too much past the previous work I have done, just less technical.

And from my point of view, Guitar Hero is a fun game and all but WEAK LOW POLY MODELS ARE EVERYWHERE! ZOMGWTF! Just joshing you m8, but really I think you can see that I mean business and I'm stubborn as an ox and I will create this as a "stunt simualation" just as if I was in the office still working a 8-5 on it.

I am use to employing my solutions on my development machines, as that is what we do when you have to change things all the time on the fly. That is the reason I'm not so hot with deploying to everyone else's machine and I'm glad I released this test to identify problems early on.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-13-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:27 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

subscribed!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
Hey man, just stating the facts from my point of view, sorry your point of view is from your *** hole.
Ziiing! Oh the burn
Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 PM

Ziiing! Oh the burn
I got your number man, your a glass is half empty kinda fool, I'm a glass is half full kinda guy you know...

I would prefer your help is all man. I'm guessing your a coder, I'm a graphic artist. Doesn't it make sense?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:36 PM

I got your number man, your a glass is half empty kinda fool, I'm a glass is half full kinda guy you know...
This is rich coming from the unemployed man who has never worked on any published games, keep looking at that half-full glass

Last edited by inolen; 03-13-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 PM

This is rich coming from the unemployed man who has never worked on any published games, keep looking at that half-full glass
I'm a family man and in my current situation and the economies current situation I have nothing better to do than think positively.

Will do buddy, I look forward to your future input on my physics/controls test coming up soon. You act like it is impossible to create something as complex as a video game when I have created much more complex simulations than this. I don't see what the difference other than deployment and how a user interacts with the product and much more advertisements being thrown around. Add a flashy 2D menu system and add customization options. I would really like to talk with you about what all I really have planned in PM. There is much detail already laid out and I think I can do it on my own with no problems what so ever. Getting it published is going to be a problem. Your right, it is hard for the small guy to get into the big market but what is wrong with trying? I will submit it to Microsoft and also release it as free if it completely flops. I do KNOW I can do this. At the very least it will be available under "Indie games" on XBOX live.

I'm use to programming using the old DirectX API and XNA is going to take some getting use to but I think I should be ok due to the relationship between the two.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 03-13-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I think I know Inolen a little something and I know when he's home in his free time he's working on his own software and doin his own thing. Its been said before and I'll mention it again - the target audience for a stunt game really isnt big enough. I'm pretty sure if there was guitar hero potential in that **** that he'd be all over wasting time on it - and Im not speaking for him - just speaking from a business stand point. It doesnt make sense to waste all that time on a game that wont really sell - which at this point it WONT. Back to arguing and if you come at me wrong Im gonna post nothing but **** in this thread
Old 03-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

haha.. i thoguth that **** was funny.. i got more.. i'll keep it worksafe..all goode

Hey can we keep this work safe? I'm trying to do work here and don't want this to be a NSFW thread. Funny vids are cool, but **** that can get people fired from their jobs isn't... C'mon man, please edit the posts and keep this safe to view at work.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM

What? Inolen has mono? For 10 years?

Old 03-13-2010, 01:40 PM

oh hai NEal...lol.. how goes man?
Old 03-13-2010, 01:42 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

Oh GOD. Here goes SATURNIN again.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM

I dont troll ****..i mean back in the day.. a little.. but for some ******* reason i'm feelin' like trollin.. i dont know why.... hahahahah

anyway... so Throttle Trauma 3 is starting filming again very soon... and its going to be ******* epic...
Old 03-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Saturnin
anyway... so Throttle Trauma 3 is starting filming again very soon... and its going to be ******* epic...
You should make a video game for it
Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

ur random homosexual **** is awkwardly refreshing... although i dont wanna know where the pics come from.

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine