Test of Stunt Game Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

Yo Inolen you know you're my boy but you did come in hard with the hate hammer.

Iif you want someone to reliably test I can give you some help in spare time. What platform do you want tested on? I have vm's of all the windows OS' sitting on my linux machine ready to be fired up.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:58 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

This guy is just so full of it

But hey, Todd Colbert is gonna let him use some of his footage now so the project is right on track
Old 04-02-2010, 02:10 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
Whatever dude, I'm trying to be professional about it. I'm sorry you're not more mature. I stunt but I suck, been doing it since 2007.

I can tell you who I am to deserve respect, I'm a hard working person trying to make this a reality because no one else cares about stunters and their interests. I'm a single person, not some corporate game studio, doing what I want so get bent.

What would you do if someone told you not to stunt? Or that circles weren't possible but you knew with enough work they were. Same situation. How about I go into all your threads and talk mad **** about anything you're working hard on?

Last time I checked this is America, a free country to do what you wish. I'm sorry you can't stop me from posting progress as I SAID I WOULD IN THE THREAD. I will give updates to the public no matter how incremental. If you don't care for the updates unsubscribe from the thread, it seems to me that you are the one with the problem.

Just so you know, I'm well invested in this game as I spend my saved up cash cushion to purchase the software and books, and I don't even want to mention how much time I have invested either. Why don't you go out and purchase a seat of 3DS Max and tell me how your pocket book feels after that. I got a good discount on 3DS Max 2010 because 2011 was coming out so I got off a bit light to be honest. I only paid a little more than $2,500 after taxes just for that one software. I'm unemployed and I am literally pouring all I have into this game give me a break.
if someone talked **** to me about something, i wouldnt care! That **** happens all the time, that crab in the barrel type ****, so who cares what people think. Quit getting your panties in a bundle over some dumb ****, i dont see how you take what i said in my first post so personal. Just work on your game and ill play it if it comes out
Old 04-02-2010, 02:12 PM

KillTheStreet is a decent person

Originally Posted by scott3824
Yo Inolen you know you're my boy but you did come in hard with the hate hammer.

Iif you want someone to reliably test I can give you some help in spare time. What platform do you want tested on? I have vm's of all the windows OS' sitting on my linux machine ready to be fired up.
Does your VM support D3D? I know Sun's Virtual Box doesn't (or it is experimental) so it wouldn't run the game. I'll send you a PM with a link to the physics test when it is ready and you can throw it through the grinder. I'm focusing on 2D user interface today. Thanks for your support. Hoping to get back into the physics soon.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by inolen

But hey, Todd Colbert is gonna let him use some of his footage now so the project is right on track
Ah, my number one fan! Nice to see you. For your info there is a bit more to it than video and I'm not saying what. You will have to wait and see like everyone else.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, my number one fan! Nice to see you. For your info there is a bit more to it than video and I'm not saying what. You will have to wait and see like everyone else.
I am on the edge of my seat
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by kawaslut
Just work on your game and ill play it if it comes out
Sounds great to me, that is all I wanted to hear. I hope you enjoy it when it is finished.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 PM

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

We all know you're the resident pro programmer.

He may be suspect and I trust your judgment but why bash the dude so hard? If he wants to try and it fails no harm no foul right?

I've bugged my friend at EA way more than I should have about putting a team together for something stunt related. Of course we all have our views on the market segmentation and profitability (I am admittedly on the fence - too many variables). But with all the talk over the years that has occurred someone is finally trying something.

My p.o.v. is unless you are working on this in your spare time cut the guy some slack.

For the record I would never work with Oldbert.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Does your VM support D3D? I know Sun's Virtual Box doesn't (or it is experimental) so it wouldn't run the game. I'll send you a PM with a link to the physics test when it is ready and you can throw it through the grinder. I'm focusing on 2D user interface today. Thanks for your support. Hoping to get back into the physics soon.
I am just running vmware server 2.0 on my linux workstation. I know vmware workstation has experimental support for D3D video acceleration, I actually have a license for that just have been too lazy to install it.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:21 PM

I am just running vmware server 2.0 on my linux workstation. I know vmware workstation has experimental support for D3D video acceleration, I actually have a license for that just have been too lazy to install it.
Sounds good, have you tried the render test in your VM? If that installs and displays then my physics test will show also. I expect the physics engine to put some work in on the processor so it will be interesting to see how it runs in a VM.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:24 PM

We all know you're the resident pro programmer.

He may be suspect and I trust your judgment but why bash the dude so hard? If he wants to try and it fails no harm no foul right?
This sounds like someone who doesn't ride asking why people are so harsh on Clint Ewing.

Everybody involved in their own niche industry has their pet peeves and can smell the bullshit from miles away.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 PM

I think your sniffer is broken man.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:32 PM

I think your sniffer is broken man.
I think you post too much looking for attention as opposed to putting in work.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Ok, quit spying on me... Where is the hidden camera?

I'm putting in work, I don't see how that is any of your concern. Why would I even bother if it was all fake? You don't know me or what goes on in my head.

I was raised to think that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and I've been putting my mind to it so hard it hurts and I'm still going back for more. I'm not stopping until the game is released and people tell me it sucks or it is fun. I'm expecting to get both kinds of responses.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:43 PM

This sounds like someone who doesn't ride asking why people are so harsh on Clint Ewing.

Everybody involved in their own niche industry has their pet peeves and can smell the bullshit from miles away.
I completely understand those statements

I just think you dropped bombs on the dude when he did not come off as arrogant or anything of the sort ... guess we'll see if he is another wishful thinker or a go getter
Old 04-03-2010, 08:36 AM

Larse is a decent person

It should be mentioned that Larse is going to be doing the 3d stunt part work on the bikes, we both have plenty to work on visually but I gave him a big chunk of my bike models to start with. He is a big help and I can't wait to see what all he can add to the game visually. I hope you don't mind me saying that in the thread Larse, but can't thank you enough.
No worries about writing that I'm helping eventough you're laying down a hell of a lot more time and energy

If Inolen knew as much as I know, or the half, of how good the game's progressing he probably wouldn't be such a hater
Old 04-03-2010, 08:40 AM

A clarification. I'm not originally from the game industry. I don't belong to your niche. I'm just a hard headed person who is working hard. I came from the industrial simulation industry and it is very different. I have mentioned that coding is not my primary skill set but it is one I have.

Inolen, had a question about the C++/CLI and video game programming if you don't mind can I PM you? I'm finding conflicting stories and need an insider to shed some light on it. Otherwise I can take my question to the XNA forum, but most of them don't know the answer for sure either.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:36 PM

Pozer is a decent person

Everyone bashing on killthestreet is just making themselves look like idiots. He's obviously a chill dude working hard on something he has a passion for. So far there is 11 pages of people acting like fucktards and killthestreet has only asked for you to stop bagging on his fucken project.

11 fucken pages. Most people, after taking so much ****, would have blown up and started acting like a fool also, so far I haven't seen that so killthestreet gets the respect.

Last edited by Pozer; 04-03-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pozer
Most people, after taking so much ****, would have blown up and started acting like a fool also, so far I haven't seen that so killthestreet gets the respect.
Thanks for the kind words and support.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:12 AM

For the record I would never work with Oldbert.
Todd Colbert gives me a reason to put in a chromed out 1100!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k9Arlavsl0

Nah, you gotta give the guy respect. He has been around for a while and done a lot to advance the sport.

I feel lucky to have his input just a phone call away.

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine