Test of Stunt Game Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 02:49 PM

KillTheStreet is a decent person
Re: Test of Stunt Game Engine

Z-Axis problem solved via XNA framework...

Still working on physics ... ughh ....

Going to be building physics models and setting them up for a while yet. Don't expect the game to be ready any time soon.

I have a job interview tomorrow so I'm trying to get in as much work today as possible and pick back up on Thursday where I'm leaving off today. Wish me luck on the job. I will still be working on the game at my home office. I recently purchased a license to 3Ds Max 2010 for my home PC to replace Blender. Now all I need is that last physics book and I can get deep into the engine. Tuning the beast is going to be a whole other process. Expect progress but not frequent updates.

Anyone here a physicist?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by toneth
If you can't map buttons this games in trouble
Haha this idea was fucked from jump street!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:50 PM

What do you know other than how to hop on the bash band wagon? I'm getting somewhere without your help. Keep quiet, post something good, or get the hell out. If you don't understand what is going on then don't post.

So far what I have done or partially done is this:
Basic 3D modeling
Test area
Collision Detection
Basic physics
Basic Input mapping

There is TONS left to do yet.

I don't see it being a problem to complete as long as I have all the information I need to fully research the forces acting on a motorcycle other than rider forces. I'll be calculating rider input the same way that the industry does. The game will be a simulator, not arcade style game. There will be a story line before it goes final.

Stepping stones, this is just step one.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

kawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the roughkawaslut is a jewel in the rough

Ok tough guy ill just watch from my bandwagon
Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yo... KILL THE STREET...

Listen the **** up. No one gives a ****. You are posting **** up here asking for people's input and then telling them to **** off when they say something you don't want to hear. So, either deal with it, or SHUT THE **** UP! You are talking down to respected member's of this forum who have been around since before you thought about maknig a game... Member's that ACTUALLY stunt in REAL LIFE. Member's that don't live in their mother's basements. God. I just wish you and your troll friend's would swallow buckshot
Old 03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Yo... KILL THE STREET...

Listen the **** up. No one gives a ****. You are posting **** up here asking for people's input and then telling them to **** off when they say something you don't want to hear. So, either deal with it, or SHUT THE **** UP! You are talking down to respected member's of this forum who have been around since before you thought about maknig a game... Member's that ACTUALLY stunt in REAL LIFE. Member's that don't live in their mother's basements. God. I just wish you and your troll friend's would swallow buckshot
Git em!!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

I'd really take this to stuntride asap because people are going to continue shitting on you here
Old 03-30-2010, 07:02 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Yo... KILL THE STREET...

thats funny you say that becouse YOU live at your parents basment then you dont even ******* stunt. you are the least person on this site that has any ******* respect an your telling him to respect people.. stop hating on the ******* guy let him do his game... anyone else trying this ?? i dont mind playing ps3 at home when its raining snowing w.e .... all you ******* do is jump on everyones wagon an suck dick,... you are the most useless person on this site.. your biggest goal in life is to have rep points on stuntlife lol your a low life peice of ****... go do something with yourself then doing this every 10 min on the ny thread....

an kill the streets keep doing your thing i wanna see waht you come up with ... even if its **** atleast your trying something.... unlike losers like this *** posting there life away on sl...
Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 PM

MoHawk:

I talk **** to those that talk **** to me, name another member on this site that doesn't. Did he say anything about the game other than it was doomed. You guys are just ignorant. If you don't like the thread get out, it is your choice to come in here and read this. Personally I think you enjoy drama anyway so I expect you to be around on the Hater Patrol until release date as well. Someone gives me constructive criticism and I will take it with a grain of salt. Someone comes in here trying to stir **** up, I'll let them know there are other threads on here for them to go hate in. Again, if you don't like the thread go somewhere else and have an e-fight. You're just wasting both of our time. By the way I live in a condo, my condo, not my mom's. Why don't you come back when more of the game is revealed and talk more meaningless garbage and insults?

toneth:
I love StuntLife, even for the *** hats on here, and I know that the hardcore riders are the real target for my game. I feel like there are too many "how do I wheelie" questions over there. Been a member here for a while and want to do it here. Plus some of the negativity fuels me into wanting to make the game better. I think there are more hardcore riders on this site. I may get the word out when the playable demo is released so I can get input from as large an audience base as possible.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by KillTheStreet
MoHawk:

Why don't you come back when more of the game is revealed and talk more meaningless garbage and insults?

See you then
Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
an kill the streets keep doing your thing i wanna see waht you come up with ... even if its **** atleast your trying something.... unlike losers like this *** posting there life away on sl...
Thanks, I'll post up the updates in this thread from time to time so keep it subscribed.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM

I have stopped working on the physics until I receive the book I ordered. I got the book on Amazon.com for $40. I hope it shows up by the 8th but may be here as late as the 23rd. This book is my main resource on the physics of the motorcycle for the game so I'm going to be switching gears and focus on the 2D user interface until it gets here or fixing and modelling more bikes for the game.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:23 PM
This.. is my boomstick!!

Look here, this asshat has been around longer than you and I don't give a **** who the **** you are and what you're trying to do. Who the **** are YOU to deserve respect? I respect other stunters and a lot of people on here and you're not one. This is a PUBLIC forum so quit crying when people say **** you don't like, or simply don't post on SL. For someone as smart as yourself you sure are dumb, cus you don't even know what **** talking is. Really now? If I wanted to talk **** I could have said a whole lot more than what I did, *****. You could say whatever the **** you want but it doesn't mean **** until you do it so go make your ******* little video game and quit talking about it. Kelm and yourself are the only two people in the world that would take offense to what I said.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:41 PM

Pozer is a decent person

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
thats funny you say that becouse YOU live at your parents basment then you dont even ******* stunt. you are the least person on this site that has any ******* respect an your telling him to respect people.. stop hating on the ******* guy let him do his game... anyone else trying this ?? i dont mind playing ps3 at home when its raining snowing w.e .... all you ******* do is jump on everyones wagon an suck dick,... you are the most useless person on this site.. your biggest goal in life is to have rep points on stuntlife lol your a low life peice of ****... go do something with yourself then doing this every 10 min on the ny thread....

Damn, that's fucken legit right there.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by kawaslut
Look here, this asshat has been around longer than you and I don't give a **** who the **** you are and what you're trying to do. Who the **** are YOU to deserve respect? I respect other stunters and a lot of people on here and you're not one. This is a PUBLIC forum so quit crying when people say **** you don't like, or simply don't post on SL. For someone as smart as yourself you sure are dumb, cus you don't even know what **** talking is. Really now? If I wanted to talk **** I could have said a whole lot more than what I did, *****. You could say whatever the **** you want but it doesn't mean **** until you do it so go make your ******* little video game and quit talking about it. Kelm and yourself are the only two people in the world that would take offense to what I said.
Whatever dude, I'm trying to be professional about it. I'm sorry you're not more mature. I stunt but I suck, been doing it since 2007.

I can tell you who I am to deserve respect, I'm a hard working person trying to make this a reality because no one else cares about stunters and their interests. I'm a single person, not some corporate game studio, doing what I want so get bent.

What would you do if someone told you not to stunt? Or that circles weren't possible but you knew with enough work they were. Same situation. How about I go into all your threads and talk mad **** about anything you're working hard on?

Last time I checked this is America, a free country to do what you wish. I'm sorry you can't stop me from posting progress as I SAID I WOULD IN THE THREAD. I will give updates to the public no matter how incremental. If you don't care for the updates unsubscribe from the thread, it seems to me that you are the one with the problem.

Just so you know, I'm well invested in this game as I spend my saved up cash cushion to purchase the software and books, and I don't even want to mention how much time I have invested either. Why don't you go out and purchase a seat of 3DS Max and tell me how your pocket book feels after that. I got a good discount on 3DS Max 2010 because 2011 was coming out so I got off a bit light to be honest. I only paid a little more than $2,500 after taxes just for that one software. I'm unemployed and I am literally pouring all I have into this game give me a break.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 04-02-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pozer
Damn, that's fucken legit right there.
Thanks for you're support.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:56 AM

It should be mentioned that Larse is going to be doing the 3d stunt part work on the bikes, we both have plenty to work on visually but I gave him a big chunk of my bike models to start with. He is a big help and I can't wait to see what all he can add to the game visually. I hope you don't mind me saying that in the thread Larse, but can't thank you enough.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:42 AM

Just got off the phone with Todd Colbert and he has given me permission to use some of his media and resources to build the game. Happy day...

This opens up so many possibilities....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqIjrOYdsL4
Old 04-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Pozer is a decent person

dude!!!!!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyy would you go and spend 2,000 dollars on software when you can get that **** for free son?

http://btjunkie.org/search?q=3DS+Max+2010
Old 04-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pozer
dude!!!!!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyy would you go and spend 2,000 dollars on software when you can get that **** for free son?

http://btjunkie.org/search?q=3DS+Max+2010
I don't want to go to federal "bang-me-in-the-***" prison as they say in Half Baked.

Trying to be legit.

Plus this way I get update patches and bug fixes and customer support.

If it was something I was working on at home alone for a personal project I would "test" the software that way.

I started the bike models using Blender but it is not my favourite program even though it is free.

Last edited by KillTheStreet; 04-02-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Test of Stunt Game Engine