texas licence

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:42 PM

04cbr600rr is a decent person
texas licence

What will happen if i ride my bike with no licence im 16 and all i have is a car permit my bike is tagged and inspected have insurance and all that will they just give me a ticket and make someone come pick me and my bike up or what will they do?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:49 PM

1nastydc2 is a decent person
Re: texas licence

depends they can make you do that or plain and simple they'll just take it and tow it and im not to sure but i think u can get arrested? but im not a 100% sure.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:56 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

They can also take away your drivers license... If they want to be ******..
Old 03-10-2010, 04:01 PM

ok im calling the dps if all they will do is give me a ticket the first time i get pulled over then i will just pay it and then get my mc licence my brother has been riding for 5 years and every time he got pulled oer they didnt say anything about no mc licence but hes over 25
Old 03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

i know my friend here that got nailed on his 600rr was 16, had a car permit, no mc permit or anything. they revoked his permit and now he isnt able to apply for a license until he turns 18(which is still 9 months away)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by jebova2301
i know my friend here that got nailed on his 600rr was 16, had a car permit, no mc permit or anything. they revoked his permit and now he isnt able to apply for a license until he turns 18(which is still 9 months away)
Yup when you are young they will really **** with you on that type of thing.. I would get your class M ... Its not that hard to do
Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

Originally Posted by T/C
Yup when you are young they will really **** with you on that type of thing.. I would get your class M ... Its not that hard to do
+1. if you have enough control over your bike to stunt it, you have enough control to pass the motorcycle test
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't even have a drivers license they WILL hit you with fines, points on your license, and you WILL get fucked

Cops sometimes are cool and don't worry about people not having a motorcycle license, AS LONG AS, they have a valid drivers license...

I've been pulled over countless times without a license, and they usually just make sure my drivers license is valid..

You CANNOT drive on the road without a valid license period. The cops can not let you get back on your bike and ride away. It will most likely be towed unless the cops is in a good mood and lets you have a friend come pick it up.

But letting you drive the bike without a license is a threat to public, and a threat to yourself. If you pulled out and went and got in an accident, it could come back onto the cop for letting you drive away being illegal.

I'm not sure about texas, but shouldn't be hard to get your motorcycle permit at least.. And what about a drivers license? Go get your drivers license and just don't worry about it!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:37 PM

i get my license in june after i get it im going to ride and i wont worrie about the motorcycle licence i just dont want to do drivers ed i called today and they said i have to take a motorcycle saftey course (not a problem) and i have to take drivers ed (screw that)
Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

Originally Posted by 04cbr600rr
i get my license in june after i get it im going to ride and i wont worrie about the motorcycle licence i just dont want to do drivers ed i called today and they said i have to take a motorcycle saftey course (not a problem) and i have to take drivers ed (screw that)
that msf course probably qualifies as the drivers ed, or else they are talking about the drivers ed you are taking for a standard license. just do **** the right way. why give them more of a reason to **** you over
Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by jebova2301
that msf course probably qualifies as the drivers ed, or else they are talking about the drivers ed you are taking for a standard license. just do **** the right way. why give them more of a reason to **** you over
+1 stop being lazy... Get it taken care of now and it will save you trouble in the long run
Old 03-10-2010, 04:54 PM

1nastydc2 is a decent person

Ur really just going about this the wrong way man. Don't be ******* dumb i know ur young and think ahh i can get away with anything not the case at all! Go get ur Lic. and then go take the course for a bike why is that such a big deal?? What to risk getting pulled over and lose ur lic for a year? wtf use ur head and dont be stupid.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Can you own/operate a 600cc bike at 16 now? I had to wait until I was 18 to get my '99 R6 back in the day. If thats no issue now the driving test is easy. You will just have to make an appointment to go do it and bring a person along in a car. They will just follow you around. They will signal for you to turn with blinkers and the horn(once for left and twice for right, or something like that). Nothing hard, just make sure your head is on a swivel. The M endorsement is easy to get I don't understand why there are soo many people in the DFW area that don't have it.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
Can you own/operate a 600cc bike at 16 now? I had to wait until I was 18 to get my '99 R6 back in the day. If thats no issue now the driving test is easy. You will just have to make an appointment to go do it and bring a person along in a car. They will just follow you around. They will signal for you to turn with blinkers and the horn(once for left and twice for right, or something like that). Nothing hard, just make sure your head is on a swivel. The M endorsement is easy to get I don't understand why there are soo many people in the DFW area that don't have it.
You cant do that anymore you have to take the safety course ... And you can have anything after you are 16...i am pretty sure it has always been that way here..
Old 03-10-2010, 05:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
The M endorsement is easy to get I don't understand why there are soo many people in the DFW area that don't have it.
IT's easy to get, but in missouri, you need a 100% street legal bike, and they inspect it before.. Turn signals, perfect tires, horn, everything. Then you have to get there before 8am to register, then wait for the test after 8:30.

I went once on a friends bike, signed up waited a hour, went outside, he had a turn signal not working..

$3.50 every 6 months for a permit has been much easier for me lol, been rockin a permit for 4 years
Old 03-10-2010, 05:40 PM

mrbigmike is a decent person

the msf course is the drivers ed course they are talking about man. Take it and get you M endorsement and it will save you a lot of headaches down the line.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:45 PM

how much is the course?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
T/C
Squid...

like 200
Old 03-10-2010, 06:05 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

Originally Posted by Towlieee
IT's easy to get, but in missouri, you need a 100% street legal bike, and they inspect it before.. Turn signals, perfect tires, horn, everything. Then you have to get there before 8am to register, then wait for the test after 8:30.

I went once on a friends bike, signed up waited a hour, went outside, he had a turn signal not working..

$3.50 every 6 months for a permit has been much easier for me lol, been rockin a permit for 4 years
in IL, it works different. in MO, you can ride basically any time except night on your permit if i remember right. in IL, you can ride in the daytime(no night riding), AND you must be accompanied by someone 21 years of age or older who has had a motorcycle license for at least 1 year.

Originally Posted by T/C
like 200
its free here in IL

but even if it were 200 bucks, it would be well worth it.

Last edited by jebova2301; 03-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Originally Posted by T/C
You cant do that anymore you have to take the safety course ... And you can have anything after you are 16...i am pretty sure it has always been that way here..
I'm not sure, I know when I was 17 back in '01 I tried getting a bike and when I asked the DPS about the licensing procedure they said I couldn't because I was too young. Who knows maybe they were blowing smoke up my *** or misheard me or something, but they told me I couldn't.

So you don't have to take a driving test anymore? Back when I got my endorsement it was either take the MSF course and not have to take the driving portion or don't take the MSF and get tailed by DPS for a couple of blocks. So you can only do the MSF route now? That's cool though too many people that are first time riders out there that need the course anyways.

Originally Posted by Towlieee

That's what they did when I went and took my test. Looked the bike over inspected it and checked my insurance to verify it was valid. Didn't have to pay anything though other than the fee for the license.

Quick Reply: texas licence