F4i help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: F4i help

you jump the 2 wire plug under the front seat..count the blinks.

do this.... put the tank up..take the airbox cover off and hold the throttle open...turn the bike over and see if the injectors are spraying..if so the pump works..the mtor can run doesnt mean its pumping...if u have gas then pull a plug and ground it to a valve cover bolt..does it spark?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

if it does have a code the fi light will stay on as long as the key is on, if that is not the case, jumping the two wire plug will do nothing to help you!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM

ryans900 is a decent person

okm i took the tank and air box off the pump sound like it priming but when i looked in the tb's and tried to start it holding the gas no fuel was going into the throttle body's so i dont know its got spark tho
Old 03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

is the fi light staying on?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 PM

lol the gauges dont work...... ****
Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

if you have spark and air box open try to spray a little carb cleaner is something in the throttle bodiees and see if it fires...
here is a link to a download shop manual..http://www.gofastvideo.com/video/379...4i-Shop-Manual
Old 03-10-2010, 01:59 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

spray it and let me know!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

i have a set os guages that i destroyed but the led indicators still work...you pay shipping and ill send em to ya
Old 03-10-2010, 02:06 PM

never mind no spark no fuel what would cause this to all happen at once
Old 03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

ignition sw/kill sw....maybe ecu you check the tip sensor bridge?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:14 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

broken wire some where, i hear ppl have probs w/ wires breaking at the ecu sometimes....you really need to hook up good guages and see if you have a code to help narrow it down
Old 03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

i assume all fuses are good.....
Old 03-10-2010, 02:28 PM

all fuses are good i just check the tip sensor i will look at the wire's real good to make sure there not broke or spliced but if its priming and turning over wouldnt the ecu be ok?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:29 PM

im pretty sure the gauges he gave me work there off his bike but only the clock works when its plugged into my bike..... weird
Old 03-10-2010, 03:01 PM

broken wire in the ecu got it fixed thanks alot for all the help guys!!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

hahaha ya i have heard that before...so far hasnt happened to me...so its running good now huh?? glad i could help.... your gages still not working now that you got it fixed?? just curious...beardo
Old 03-10-2010, 04:43 PM

no gauges but yea it run great!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

good..glad to hear it!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:08 PM

tsweers89 is a decent person

Well might as well continue the thread instead of making a new one. Have 01 f4I, fi light is on. Starts and drives ok until I get up to about 9k, then boggs n sputters and doesn't go past that. Like its starving for fuel or sumthin, I was planning on doing a pressure regulator and spark plugs but saw this thread so figured id post it up and see what everyone has to say
Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 AM

bump!!!

Quick Reply: F4i help