What can i use to cut a wind screen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 PM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person
Re: What can i use to cut a wind screen?

but seriously a 4 or 4.5 in. grinder w/cut off wheel or a 1/4in. air die grinder w/a cut off wheel works best dont forget to wear safety glasses
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blee
I usually don't care but recently there has been an abundance of reposts,and there is a sticky that gives everyone a step by step on how to use the search.IDK I just never seemed to have trouble searchin here. even when I was a newbie.I'll be nice to all the new guys from now on... unless I see another "DB vs clip-on" thread or "best cage" thread
hahaha i know it gets old
Old 02-03-2010, 11:18 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RKArmor
but seriously a 4 or 4.5 in. grinder w/cut off wheel or a 1/4in. air die grinder w/a cut off wheel works best dont forget to wear safety glasses
c..... thats what im talkin about.... i dont know whats up w/ everyone wanting to use a dremle... talk about makein a mountain out of a mole hill.... just sayin...damn!!!hahahaha
Old 02-03-2010, 11:23 PM
DOC

RKArmor is a decent person

yeah dremels are good for some things but seriously lacking on the power dept.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

put down a piece of masking tape over the line you will be cutting. will make the job 100% cleaner
Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

Originally Posted by skillz
put down a piece of masking tape over the line you will be cutting. Will make the job 100% cleaner
+1
Old 02-03-2010, 11:51 PM

crzyaccrd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
lmao. is that the laser cannon from howard the duck?
I think its the gun from beverly hills cop 2 or 3....the gay dude at the gun show who was in the first movie...serg

i just realised i have seen those movis way too many times!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Ok Luca,make sure you have some sandpaper or a file layin around to smooth out the cut from the dremel or grinder,cuttin plastic or plexy glass with high speed grinders tend to melt the plastic while it cuts and it leaves a rough,sharp,edge.
Break off the melted **** with your fingers after it cools and hardens back up then use the file or sandpaper to give the edge a nice,smooth finish.

Thats probly why sdfkillz said use tape,I never tried it but i can see how it would work better.

Last edited by blee; 02-04-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

what up w/ giant squid sig blee??? i didnt invade i was born here man!!hahaha...um that was skillz w/ the tape thing and that is good advise... it keeps it clean and also gives you a nice line to follow!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: What can i use to cut a wind screen?

Originally Posted by skillz
put down a piece of masking tape over the line you will be cutting. Will make the job 100% cleaner
+1000
Old 02-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by beardo
what up w/ giant squid sig blee??? i didnt invade i was born here man!!hahaha...um that was skillz w/ the tape thing and that is good advise... it keeps it clean and also gives you a nice line to follow!!!
Oh I saw the "skillz" and assumed it was SDF. my bad,yeah it seems like it would work out great,

The whole giant squid thing is cause a couple days ago I opened my home page "YAHOO" and there was an article and in HUGE letters it said "GIANT SQUIDS INVADE CALI"...the real type of squid that swims and shoots ink out their ***.It just made me laugh when I saw it.I guess fishermen are catchin a ton of giant squids in Cali.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:57 AM

ghost* is a decent person

Originally Posted by crzyaccrd
I think its the gun from beverly hills cop 2 or 3....the gay dude at the gun show who was in the first movie...serg

i just realised i have seen those movis way too many times!

ahahaha yea it was 3. im glad someone knew what it was.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

Originally Posted by blee
Oh I saw the "skillz" and assumed it was SDF. my bad,yeah it seems like it would work out great,

The whole giant squid thing is cause a couple days ago I opened my home page "YAHOO" and there was an article and in HUGE letters it said "GIANT SQUIDS INVADE CALI"...the real type of squid that swims and shoots ink out their ***.It just made me laugh when I saw it.I guess fishermen are catchin a ton of giant squids in Cali.
oh///lol i c now so you werent really referencing me!!!hahahaha well im still a giant squid and ive been here my whole life!!lol if it ever stops raining ill go work on being less of a squid....lol