02 r6

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:40 PM

Kali Bike's is a decent person
02 r6

Im new to stuntlife and I just started working on my 02 R6 to get it stunt ready. I got a tygershark cage, and vortex sprockets[geared it]. Ya i know its carberated but i got the bike for cheap and it only had 8000 miles. The carbs are getting gone through now so they will be on point but i want to see if anyone has any ideas or have heard anything about the 99-02 R6s that i might need or should know for stunting?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:13 PM

r6roadrash is a decent person
Re: 02 r6

hey what up man i got that same bike mine has 20k on it and it still pulls like a champ, i got ivans jet kit last year and the thing ride so smooth now if your going over carbs now i segest you get a jet kit in it and tune those suckers in. there is nothing bad about stuntin it i dont have a problem at all, and now that i got the jetkit i can power it up in 3rd at like 8k with stock sprockets, im working on some sprockets now but need to come up with some $ first. you wouldnt have an extra set at all? what set up r u running? i wanna get an 18 on the front winch i looked up will fit, cuz i got a 60 rear but i dont wanna be running 4.0 i wanna be able to ride this thing too, let me know, and keep in touch man, id love to see your bike and all if you got any pics. ill get some of mine up soon, just working on repaintin my tank, peace for now
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 PM

J150 is a decent person

carbed bikes suck but they are good to laern on I just got rid of my f2 for a busted up f4i and its still worth you only need a crash cage really
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

clutchitup21 is a decent person

you guys on the r6's need to do the oil mod.... if you dont you will lock up your motor.... the way the bike is when your at bp for too long your oil dont lube all the places needed cuz all the oil is at the rear of the motor... i think it cuz it has a low oil capacity.. i'v never done the mod just read about it on here.... it would be something to look into if you want more miles out of your bike.... look for oil mod in the search and you should find it... its been awhile since i read it but it sounds like you just add extra hoses... good luck

sorry, its called kleen air mod.........

Last edited by clutchitup21; 01-12-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: .....
Old 01-12-2010, 08:06 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by clutchitup21
you guys on the r6's need to do the oil mod.... if you dont you will lock up your motor.... the way the bike is when your at bp for too long your oil dont lube all the places needed cuz all the oil is at the rear of the motor... i think it cuz it has a low oil capacity.. i'v never done the mod just read about it on here.... it would be something to look into if you want more miles out of your bike.... look for oil mod in the search and you should find it... its been awhile since i read it but it sounds like you just add extra hoses... good luck

kleen air doesnt do anything for lubing certain areas of the motor. its to stop oil from getting into the airbox and locking up your motor when it tries to get run thru the engine(combustion cycle)
Old 01-12-2010, 10:59 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kali Bike's
Im new to stuntlife and I just started working on my 02 R6 to get it stunt ready. I got a tygershark cage, and vortex sprockets[geared it]. Ya i know its carberated but i got the bike for cheap and it only had 8000 miles. The carbs are getting gone through now so they will be on point but i want to see if anyone has any ideas or have heard anything about the 99-02 R6s that i might need or should know for stunting?
I have a 905 cage like new for it for $100.00 shipped to U.S.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:06 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Hey go look up Eric hinshall from No limit with jason brittion he Eric started on the 02 R6 and was kiiling it for a long time I think it get on up 2 is the DVD that shows Eric on that bike But that bike is the same bike I started on and I could do everything on it well almost everything U have to use a jinormus rear sprocket though. LOL. PM me if you have any questions I Know the R6 bikes. O and by the way the R6 did not become the S model till 2006 so dont call it the R6s. See ya.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 PM

I meant R6's. Well the sprocket size i was going for was 15-54 cause i still wanna ride it on the street, I hope that will work good enuff so i dont have to get a sixty or something.Dont need the cage though got the tygershark but i looked at the 905 cage and a buddy said tygershark was the way to go.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:11 PM

J150 is a decent person

you can have a 70 th sproket and still whellie hw speeds maybe in 3rd I would go with 55 rear -1 in the front the r6s are geared low youll be able to rock lots and streets with that gearing
Old 01-13-2010, 01:22 PM

Cool cool man... one of my buddies stunted a 600rr on stocks for a long time so i figured going -1 in the front and +6 back witch would make it 15-54 would be good enuff.Been around and road bikes my whole life but just getting into real stunting so any feedback is appreciated.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by clutchitup21

dude im not finding anythin of the sort for oilmod or the kleen air, maybe im just not searching it right if anyone knows where to find these let meknow thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

clutchitup21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jebova2301
kleen air doesnt do anything for lubing certain areas of the motor. its to stop oil from getting into the airbox and locking up your motor when it tries to get run thru the engine(combustion cycle)
ooooo.... i gotcha.... i dont know to much about it, i just remembered reading about it over a year ago.... thought it said something about r6's had to have it done... was just tryin to help out
Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

I think you were talking about a oil pick up... I may be wrong though..
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by r6roadrash
dude im not finding anythin of the sort for oilmod or the kleen air, maybe im just not searching it right if anyone knows where to find these let meknow thanks
as far as the kleen air, go here: http://www.all-out-motorsports.com/f...ead.php?t=3597

youll have to register, but that takes like a minute. also, that writeup is for the 03-05, but i cant see the first gens being that different.

and t/c, im not sure on this, but from what i remember, the r6 doesnt need a modded pickup for the oil unless you just plan on parking it on the bar and leaving it there. i could be wrong though. if i am, i hope someone corrects me
Old 01-13-2010, 08:06 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

I had one too. Def do the crankcase vent. I even posted how I did mine years babk on here somewhere. Prob help and how to. Stock rear is a 48 and I think I ran +7/-1 as someone already stated. There isn't a whole lot to look out for other than the vent. Carbs are the only issue but you can learn a lot on it. Have fun!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM

mbadboyz is a decent person

Im stunting an 02 R6 as well. I have not done the oil pick up swap yet but I know I will have to. Im running a 56 rear and 14 front. Clutches well!

Oh yea, I run about 1/2 qt more oil for wheelies. No problems yet but still searching for mod on oil pickup.

Last edited by mbadboyz; 01-13-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

i can power it up in 3rd at like 8k with stock sprockets

YEEEEEEEEEEAH pow wow's!!!! Your a brave man,not many people like to admit they gotta pow wow to get it up,keep that bitch in first and slow it down bub.You dont need big sprockets when your learnin at first.

And to the thread starter:
I'm not 100% positive on the R-6 but I don't think ya need an oil pick up most guys run oil pick ups if they plan on keepin it on the bar for long periods of time...most guys just overfill the oil so it's at the top of the sight glass...it ends up being almost a quart extra...
Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jebova2301
as far as the kleen air, go here: http://www.all-out-motorsports.com/f...ead.php?t=3597

youll have to register, but that takes like a minute. also, that writeup is for the 03-05, but i cant see the first gens being that different.

and t/c, im not sure on this, but from what i remember, the r6 doesnt need a modded pickup for the oil unless you just plan on parking it on the bar and leaving it there. i could be wrong though. if i am, i hope someone corrects me
thanks man ill check that out when i get some time . yeah i havent had a prob. with my oil at all ive been riding this bike for 8 years now same bike, get that, and been stunting it for 5years and ive never had a prob with oil pick up or oil iin my filter i got a little but nothing that will caus damage.
im just wondering if this is somthing i should worrie about? or is it too late
but thanks ill check it out.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by blee
YEEEEEEEEEEAH pow wow's!!!! Your a brave man,not many people like to admit they gotta pow wow to get it up,keep that bitch in first and slow it down bub.You dont need big sprockets when your learnin at first.

And to the thread starter:
I'm not 100% positive on the R-6 but I don't think ya need an oil pick up most guys run oil pick ups if they plan on keepin it on the bar for long periods of time...most guys just overfill the oil so it's at the top of the sight glass...it ends up being almost a quart extra...
thanks for calling me out jackbag, i got no shame i was telling him about the jet kit fool, next time read with your eyes open
Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

thanks for calling me out jackbag, i got no shame i was telling him about the jet kit fool, next time read with your eyes open
AWWWWW I'm sorry,I didn't know you were so emotional,I was just ****** wit ya pumpkin,why don't ya pow wow your way on over to my town so I can give ya a BIG hug,sounds like ya need one seein how easily your feelings get hurt.Some of you squids get your tentacles twisted way to easily,Welcome to stuntlife kid.