New sick cage design

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
sickinnovations.com

PUNKON1WHEEL is a decent person
New sick cage design

We have recently heard several people with suggestions on some needed changes to our cage designs. Some of them were to use a larger diameter tube for the mounts so the cage would no longer eat sockets. Others were about the integrity of the cage and sliders. We completely revamped the 636 cage last night and today and are very happy with what we have to offer. At first glance it appears to be the same, but is quite different. For starters, we increased the mount tubing to a much larger diameter so no more stuck sockets! We also changed the sliders so they have a much larger diameter that goes into the mount so they will be much stronger. We also changed to a different material that has a much higher tensile strength so they ownt break off like they had in the past. Best part of it is that they now come included with the cages at no additional cost! Next we changed the lower tube. It was a vulnerable weak spot in the design of the 636 cage so we extended it all the way back to the rear mount. They will not bend there anymore. Next we upgraded the tubing from electric weld to DOM which is a much stronger tube. The lower mounts also changed which will make the installation much easier and will also make it easier to notch the fairings accurately. Lastly, we swamped out the rear all thread rod for a beefy solid rod that is threaded. These were some much needed changes and we appologize that it took us thisa long to make them, but the cages should match our expectations of this company.

In this first picture it shows the old design. I have circled the weak point in the cage design. The cage would bend upwards at the top tube just between the rear mount and where the lower pipe welds in. In the pic below, we extended the lower tube all the way back to the mount which will prevent the top tube from bending.
Name:  olddesignsideviewcage.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  92.0 KB
Name:  newdesignsideviewcage.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  94.7 KB

In thie 2 pics belwo show the changes we made to the lower mounts. The old design had a short mount on the right piece and a long mount on the left piece. The new design, both cage sides have short mounts and there is a piece of 1in dom tubing that is threaded so you simply run a bolt through each end . This makes notching the fairings much easier and will ultimately make the whole install process that much quicker and easier.

Name:  olddesignfrontviewlowermount.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  69.1 KB
Name:  newdesignfrontviewlowermount.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  65.6 KB

The next pic is a close up of the lower tube that connects the 2 sides.
Name:  newdesignlowermounthardware.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  56.6 KB

This pic below shows the all thread that the old design came with and the new solid rod that will be included with all the new designs.( the rod can be used with the old design as well.)
Name:  rearmounthardwarecomparison.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  58.7 KB

In this last picture it shows a comparison of the old style and new style slider. MUCH MUCH stronger due to the bigger diameter and we are using Nylon instead of the weaker Uhmw that we have been using.
Name:  slidercomparison.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  56.1 KB
Old 01-05-2010, 04:41 PM

blue05 is a decent person
Re: New sick cage design

SI FTW! I've seen all these problems before. One of my buddies cage is bent up like 2 inches. Good to see you guys are making better and better products everyday
Old 01-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

sweet ... so can we exchange our unused gen 1 for the gen2
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about

when can we get these? oh and don't you make rearsets for the 03-04 636? you only list 05-06
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

yessssss.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:47 PM

Chumdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it still cost the same?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by EGO
when can we get these? oh and don't you make rearsets for the 03-04 636? you only list 05-06
These changes are made and i am reworking the jig in the morning so id say theyre ready and we will start building stock tomorrow afternoon.

We are workin on a new ganster rear set design now too. Hopefully be ready in time for stunt wars.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by Chumdaddy
Does it still cost the same?
yessir, Honestly our cost is going to go up consierably, but were not going to pass it to the customer. Ii cant say the prices will never increase due to steel prices constantly on the rise, but no these changes are for free.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by scott3824
sweet ... so can we exchange our unused gen 1 for the gen2
hey buddy whats up. Gimme a holla at the shop sometime.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by blue05
SI FTW! I've seen all these problems before. One of my buddies cage is bent up like 2 inches. Good to see you guys are making better and better products everyday
We just want to have good products out there. We hate to hear about anyone not happy with our products. Granted we cant please everyone, but we can sure as hell try.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PUNKON1WHEEL
yessir, Honestly our cost is going to go up consierably, but were not going to pass it to the customer. Ii cant say the prices will never increase due to steel prices constantly on the rise, but no these changes are for free.
Don't you love steel prices... All we would here the year before last is the prices should be going down in Jan... Then Scrap market crashed and now its all going back up even more
Old 01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by T/C
Don't you love steel prices... All we would here the year before last is the prices should be going down in Jan... Then Scrap market crashed and now its all going back up even more
Its terrible. The price of the tubing we use has almost tripled in price in the last 3-4 years. If it goes down, its not for long.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
sickinnovations.com

By the way if anyone is wondering, the gussets at the front mounts will also be on the cage. We just ran short on time and I wanted to get these pics up today.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:08 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Its terrible. The price of the tubing we use has almost tripled in price in the last 3-4 years. If it goes down, its not for long.
We have been having the same problem... The worst part is the people selling the Mexican ****... for 1/2 are price and people getting pissed off... We do not deal with any DOM But its the same problem for all of it.. We had to stop dealing Primed square too because they want double the cost for it to be primed its crazy now... Been here over 4 years and I know for a fast they have tripled if not quadrupled (SP?)

I like the new cage Looks nice.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

VERY NICE!!!

Are ya'll eventually gonna do this to the f4i cage and other models???
Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by blee
VERY NICE!!!

Are ya'll eventually gonna do this to the f4i cage and other models???
Yesir forgot to mention that. F4i cage is already a beast but with DOM tubing and bigger mounts, i think you could get hit by a train and it would still go on and off easily.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
EGO
REDBULL MAKES ME AWESOME

EGO has a spectacular aura aboutEGO has a spectacular aura about

These changes are made and i am reworking the jig in the morning so id say theyre ready and we will start building stock tomorrow afternoon.

We are workin on a new ganster rear set design now too. Hopefully be ready in time for stunt wars.
well this is what I need.. cage, roundbar, foot plate, rearsets, and pegs just the rear since your rearsets come with new pegs unless your changing that. So please let me know asap when you have these cages ready to go and the rearsets down cause it's winter here and this 636 needs some TLC asap
Old 01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

Name:  rearmounthardwarecomparison.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  58.7 KB
FINALLY!!!!!! lol
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by EGO
well this is what I need.. cage, roundbar, foot plate, rearsets, and pegs just the rear since your rearsets come with new pegs unless your changing that. So please let me know asap when you have these cages ready to go and the rearsets down cause it's winter here and this 636 needs some TLC asap
give us a call at the shop tomorrow. We can work up a package deal for you.

812 303 0711
630am-430pm CST

Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!

FINALLY!!!!!! lol
yea the allthread on the 636 is def a weak point. Not so much on some of the other designs, but very much so on the 636

Quick Reply: New sick cage design