Bark

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 03:47 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Bark

so i changed my oil and now my bike sounds barky rather than raspy.... it has a bit more low end grunt and way touchy on the gas....knoks more than ever when revving in neutal.......what does that mean? also, friend was hosing of the driveway when i was changing it.....could a little watter gotten in the oil and that is causing it??? no smoke or smells coming from the engine....just kinda sounds morebarky...like a moto gp bike a little
Old 11-25-2009, 04:06 PM

kylenv is a decent person
Re: Bark

more barky then raspy? If you got water in there check after a little ride see if you have any white foam going on? maybe check to make sure you have not overfilled by alot more then you normally would...thats all I can honestly think of by your description. Or don't smoke week before and after stay sober thru the oil change that way you don't hear any barking or rasping???

Last edited by kylenv; 11-25-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: rasping not crispy
Old 11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

never heard of such a thing,but then again I never owned an SV.how would water get in your oil from hosein off a driveway unless your quarts of oil were open and he directly poured water into them
Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by blee
never heard of such a thing,but then again I never owned an SV.how would water get in your oil from hosein off a driveway unless your quarts of oil were open and he directly poured water into them
the top pour in cap was open and a little oversptray hit around that area......anyway i revved it out and i saw a few bbubles and then i leaned it over to where the little window was covered and then the other way when it was empty a single bubble filled the whole window...is that water???? if so is that the cause???
and the oil isnt as dark....more brownish than the black it usually is....
Old 11-25-2009, 04:31 PM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person

^^^ if you just chaiged it id hope its not black
Old 11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
CA STUNTER

could i have blown a head gasket??? would that make sense?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:42 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

id say dont run the bike anymore. drain your oil. and put new oil in it. and make sure its the same **** you usually use and dont hose off your driveway when you change it. be careful and pay attention. my 2 cents. motors are too expensive to dick around with id rather be safe than sorry and prevent any damage i can with proper maintenance
Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

i would talk to someone that knows a lot about sv motors. go to a forum people race those things like crazy someone will help you out. i think a blown headgasket would be worth looking into
Old 11-25-2009, 05:09 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by big ben
the top pour in cap was open and a little oversptray hit around that area......anyway i revved it out and i saw a few bbubles and then i leaned it over to where the little window was covered and then the other way when it was empty a single bubble filled the whole window...is that water???? if so is that the cause???
and the oil isnt as dark....more brownish than the black it usually is....
Well if you just changed the oil it will be brown... But as a few have said Just change it again stay away from water when changing the oil ...
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM

don't get all worked up and over think it Ben. If it ran fine before the change I would just dump the oil and do the oil and filter again to have peace of mind. And what i mean by foam is when you have alot of water of blown head gaskets you will get foam literally on top of the oil not what you have described. just go change your oil without some douche hosing the driveway at the same time, that is either super ******* rude or retarded for someone to do that. after that just go ride don't sit there and listen for wierd **** or you mind will play tricks on you
Old 11-25-2009, 05:12 PM
CA STUNTER

yes i will change it........anyone got a tip for best oil?? what about some addative thing like lucas???

Last edited by big ben; 11-25-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

is your friend OCD or something? He shoulda fucked off if you were changin oil, or helped. Not been like, "oh i gotta get that spot under your ****** bike real quick". Go punch him where his ***** should be. then change your oil again.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 PM

haha... didn't want to admit it thats good. **** happens your young so you will learn. this link is a good read and can save you a few bucks on oil and filters. check it out, I would so no on the lucas just buy some decent oil.
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html
Old 11-25-2009, 05:22 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by kylenv
haha... didn't want to admit it thats good. **** happens your young so you will learn. this link is a good read and can save you a few bucks on oil and filters. check it out, I would so no on the lucas just buy some decent oil.
http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html
damn i didnt edit that out quick enough...lol.....my bike runs 10w 40 but would something thicker b better??? what would b a better Xw-XX?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:26 PM

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=28135

off the sv forum, and from my experience those guys take there bikes pretty serious as alot of guys actually use the sv at the track.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:27 PM

and don't edit the part were you admit you were the one who hosed it off or it just makes me look crazy... you said you did it thats ok you are young and dumb.. you wont do it again so it cool
Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by kylenv
and don't edit the part were you admit you were the one who hosed it off or it just makes me look crazy... you said you did it thats ok you are young and dumb.. you wont do it again so it cool
ill leave it to let you lok crazy......and ouch with the young and dumb...
Old 11-25-2009, 05:35 PM

alright im off. anyways when you are bored read the first link. there really is some good stuff in that for cars and bikes. haven't seen your posts in a while just looked at some video you made good ****, later
Old 11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by big ben
ill leave it to let you lok crazy......and ouch with the young and dumb...
We all make dumb mistakes don't worry about it Water does not hurt much if you take care of it asap... I sunk my Dirtbike in a creek and filled everything with water... Cleaned it all out and ran like nothing had happened