cable broke

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:13 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
cable broke

so my clutch cabe broke and i still need to get around for the next few days b4 a new one comes in....about 4 inches from the bushing that goes in the lever it sheared......any ideas for a quick repair??
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: cable broke

put a piece of hanger in the broken spot, jb weld and some duct tape
Old 11-21-2009, 08:22 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by mofat01
hanger???

i had an idea of drilling a hole into my clutch lever and then drilling a hole in the dide of a bolt then pinching the calbe to the lever like on a bicycle...would that work as well?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
CA STUNTER

hanger???

i had an idea of drilling a hole into my clutch lever and then drilling a hole in the side of a bolt then pinching the calbe to the lever like on a bicycle...would that work as well?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

if your cable broke 4 inches in from the end, yea get a piece of metal hanger about an inch and jb weld it into the spot the frayed apart, when it dries wrap it in duct tape. It'll hold it together so you can at least ride it to where you need to go.

I have no idea what your talking bout drilling holes in the clutch lever if just the cable broke
Old 11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
CA STUNTER

if your cable broke 4 inches in from the end, yea get a piece of metal hanger about an inch and jb weld it into the spot the frayed apart, when it dries wrap it in duct tape. It'll hold it together so you can at least ride it to where you need to go.

I have no idea what your talking bout drilling holes in the clutch lever if just the cable broke
like a clothes hanger??? ok that makes sense...cool....thanks bra!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 PM
CA STUNTER

would jb weld kwik work also??? only store local thats open says thats all they carry....y sundays suck..lol
Old 11-22-2009, 12:48 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

u dont know someone with another one laying around?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

put some tussin on it
Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 AM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person

crazy *** kid, i would never rig a clutch, id get the old bmx out and get some exercise
Old 11-22-2009, 01:43 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

if u try that **** ur nuts! just wait till u get a cable....geezzzz
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

hanger....hahahaha
Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by vegasrider2005
crazy *** kid, i would never rig a clutch, id get the old bmx out and get some exercise
Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
if u try that **** ur nuts! just wait till u get a cable....geezzzz
+1 wait til the cable snaps on you and you **** yourself up. then you'll wish you woulda waited the 4 days til you got a new cable. ****** retarded
Old 11-22-2009, 02:18 AM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
+1 wait til the cable snaps on you and you **** yourself up. then you'll wish you woulda waited the 4 days til you got a new cable. ****** retarded
yup ****** retarded. na Ben, you seem cool but your young so use your head on this one
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Originally Posted by vegasrider2005
yup ****** retarded. na Ben, you seem cool but your young so use your head on this one

yea man I would have to agree that you are high as ****.....just wait or you WILL regret it you live i cali you will have another day to ride trust me...
Old 11-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Just put it in gear then start the bike slip gears. shut it off at a red light then just start it in gear again when it turns green.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:54 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Use a zip-tie and some bubble gum
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

can you start your bike in gear? if so, you dont really *need* a clutch
Old 11-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

**** that I would pull a MacGyver and Grab some Jumper
cables Start up the Car and use a couple quaters to weld
that Cable back together...
Old 11-22-2009, 10:13 AM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had this happen to me on my way to work on my 954...cable snapped at the lever. I pulled the frayed end out, wrapped it around my right pointer finger and found that I could still open the throttle bodies manually. I rested my forearm on my the pad of my db bars for support and was REALLY careful. It was a bit hairy with my -1/+5 gearing in Dallas rush hour traffic, but none of my friends with trucks were answering their phones and my *** had to get to work. Rode about 4 miles that way, but didn't dare ride it home. It was sketchy riding one-handed with abrupt throttle inputs...oh yeah, and my footbrake/handbrake didn't work, so when I wanted to slow down I had to drop the throttle cable and grab the front brake. Good times.

Wait for your new cable or go find a Cycle Gear and go through their box of cables.

- BigJason

Quick Reply: cable broke