cable broke

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: cable broke

wow this really took off didnt it? ok well i can obviosly wait a few days but since thanksgiving and the dealer has to order it i might not come till next week which was y i needed a rig. i can do the start and stop if i have to.. i had to to get home yesterday....not safe but if ya gotta then ya gotta
Old 11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

See what you caused you little ****!!!! J.K.

Yo everyone is different. If you dont feel safe then dont rig that **** up.. But if thats the only option then **** it..
Old 11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
See what you caused you little ****!!!! J.K.

Yo everyone is different. If you dont feel safe then dont rig that **** up.. But if thats the only option then **** it..
im changing my signature to little **** now...
Old 11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

You know they make pieces to splice cables together though.. My dad has a few which doesnt help you at all. But lets say you went to home depot or lowes they might have them and then you can grab some cable there also...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:12 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

hahaha...this thread blew up with another SL internet battle of wordsthanks for reminding me of why i love/hate SL
Old 11-22-2009, 04:18 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
edit: what it really boils down to, if your gonna be 'stuck' or 'in a rut' cause your stunt bike is broke down, then you need not stunt that bike.
i wouldnt leave my home much if I had to rely on my stuntbike not to have something broken.

I think it is a ridiculious arguement to even say that not having a clutch is 100% safe and by saying that he made himself look like an idiot, and by continuing to argue that point he confimed it....
Old 11-22-2009, 04:44 PM
KING annoyingeric

Thats called a turnbuckle. Get one of those from homedepot. There about 5 bucks. Put one side of the cable on one side of the turnbuckle and then use some metal crimps to pinch the ends of the cable.. Then you can use that to adjust it a little and be on your way.

If you want you can jb weld around the crimps also. Just to make them that much stronger..

Last edited by Annoying Eric; 11-22-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:47 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Thats called a turnbuckle. Get one of those from homedepot. There about 5 bucks. Put one side of the cable on one side of the turnbuckle and then use some metal crimps to pinch the ends of the cable.. Then you can use that to adjust it a little and be on your way.

If you want you can jb weld around the crimps also. Just to make them that much stronger..
are you serious? and whats this you say about not needing a clutch to stunt? lol your kidding right...you deff live upto ur screen name bro...haha i cant believe this thread
Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
are you serious? and whats this you say about not needing a clutch to stunt? lol your kidding right...you deff live upto ur screen name bro...haha i cant believe this thread
I don't see Eric saying you don't need a clutch to stunt anywhere.

This post is about helping rig up a broken clutch cable so the bike can be used as transportation temporarily and that is exactly what Eric is trying to help out with
Old 11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
CA STUNTER

im not sure thatl wook cuz it has to fit inside the sleeve..and i broke on a bend.......N E wayi think il be alright for now...hope mail is speedy..........

And Just to throw out my on this....i did the starting in gear and stoping at lights thing on the way home and it wasnt safe but worked....i dont think its safe to ride especially stunt w/o a proper clutch.....but if ur stranded somewhere a little bubble gum and duct tape can work i guess
Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM

JasonS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy ****...I just realized how high I was when I posted this earlier...it was my throttle cable that snapped and I had to tug on manually, not my clutch cable. Wow....lol.

- BigJason

Originally Posted by JasonS1
Had this happen to me on my way to work on my 954...cable snapped at the lever. I pulled the frayed end out, wrapped it around my right pointer finger and found that I could still open the throttle bodies manually. I rested my forearm on my the pad of my db bars for support and was REALLY careful. It was a bit hairy with my -1/+5 gearing in Dallas rush hour traffic, but none of my friends with trucks were answering their phones and my *** had to get to work. Rode about 4 miles that way, but didn't dare ride it home. It was sketchy riding one-handed with abrupt throttle inputs...oh yeah, and my footbrake/handbrake didn't work, so when I wanted to slow down I had to drop the throttle cable and grab the front brake. Good times.

Wait for your new cable or go find a Cycle Gear and go through their box of cables.

- BigJason
Old 11-22-2009, 06:16 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by JasonS1
Holy ****...I just realized how high I was when I posted this earlier...it was my throttle cable that snapped and I had to tug on manually, not my clutch cable. Wow....lol.

- BigJason
hahaha i was thinking u knew that but mentioned it cuz it was similar....i guess im not gonna give u the benifit of the doubt anymore
Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 PM

You can totally rig a clutch cable. It is not a safety issue AT ALL.

Make sure both ends are held tightly agianst the bike so if the hanger idea breaks then it wont come off and get dragged under the bike..

When a clutch is engaged that means basically its in nuetral.. Even if it broke agian while hes was riding, it would mean no more then he wouldnt be able to use the clutch while shifting up or down because the cluthc is ONLY engaged when you squeeze the lever.. Then at a light he can turn the bike off and start in 1st gear..

He only needs it for transportation not to stunt..
he edited it..regardless im done even looking at this..buy a new cable or risk ****** ur **** up...ur call kid
Old 11-22-2009, 06:43 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
he edited it..regardless im done even looking at this..buy a new cable or risk ****** ur **** up...ur call kid
He edited his post 3 minutes after he originally posted it and 3 hours before you replied to it.

Looks like you misread his post.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i believe they sell ubolt shaped things that are made for clamping onto and securing cables. maybe you can use one of those if you are that anxious to ride and willing to risk your life vs. just order a new clutch cable.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i believe they sell ubolt shaped things that are made for clamping onto and securing cables. maybe you can use one of those if you are that anxious to ride and willing to risk your life vs. just order a new clutch cable.
no im not risking it...all of the tricks are too risky... i was expecting a "oh yea heres a fix thatll work great" i figured there was a clear cut and dry easy fix that is strong......hangers and little clamps arent what i was expecting...=)
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
MVS

vegasrider2005 is a decent person

Originally Posted by big ben
no im not risking it...all of the tricks are too risky... i was expecting a "oh yea heres a fix thatll work great" i figured there was a clear cut and dry easy fix that is strong......hangers and little clamps arent what i was expecting...=)
good job Ben, making the right choice
Old 11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
CA STUNTER

Originally Posted by vegasrider2005
good job Ben, making the right choice
youd think after so may decades someone would have a product that can fix a broken cable....someone on here should make one....OMR, Ritcheous !, someone
Old 11-22-2009, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by inolen
He edited his post 3 minutes after he originally posted it and 3 hours before you replied to it.

Looks like you misread his post.
i can really careless...if your gonna ride a bike with no clutch cable then ur not riding around me,so it dont matter anyway... your right im wrong..lol you win homie

Quick Reply: cable broke