Old 11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cable broke

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
put some tussin on it
Originally Posted by Suicidl
Use a zip-tie and some bubble gum
These are probably the only two things that will really work.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

you cannot "rig" a cable back together,it is a HUGE safety hazard
Old 11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

You can totally rig a clutch cable. It is not a safety issue AT ALL.

Make sure both ends are held tightly agianst the bike so if the hanger idea breaks then it wont come off and get dragged under the bike..

When a clutch is engaged that means basically its in nuetral.. Even if it broke agian while hes was riding, it would mean no more then he wouldnt be able to use the clutch while shifting up or down because the cluthc is ONLY engaged when you squeeze the lever.. Then at a light he can turn the bike off and start in 1st gear..

He only needs it for transportation not to stunt..

Last edited by Annoying Eric; 11-22-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Annoying Eric
You can totally rig a clutch cable. It is not a safety issue AT ALL.

Make sure both ends are held tightly agianst the bike so if the hanger idea breaks then it wont come off and get dragged under the bike..

When a clutch is engaged that means basically its in nuetral.. Even if it broke agian while hes was riding, it would mean no more then he wouldnt be able to use the clutch while shifting up or down. Then at a light he can turn the bike off and start in 1st gear..

He only needs it for transportation not to stunt..

It's still a safety hazard dumb ***

what happens when hes sitting at a stop light, and his clutch cable snaps and lunges his bike forward into cross traffic?

It's not like he broke his **** in the parking lot and is trying to make it a mile or two home, he is trying to fix it for a daily driver to cruise in traffic.

It would be one thing to rig a dirt bike clutch, where there isn't traffic. But I'm not riding ghetto **** on the street where you could get hit by a car

And I'm sure thats REAL great on the starter leaving every stop light using the starter, use your head a little
Old 11-22-2009, 02:38 PM
KING annoyingeric

Annoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the roughAnnoying Eric is a jewel in the rough

Its cute how you call me a dumbass cause i stated that.. anyway..

Why would he be at a light in gear anyway. If he was smart, which im giving him the benefit of the doubt. He knows hes using a a fucked up system and would be safer. When his riding in traffic it would make no difference if the cable was connected or not. Its the starting in the first gear which is the issue and thats all..

OK?! dumbass
Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

i had a buddy who rode with no clutch cable period he would role it like 3 or 4 steps then just jab it in gear and hit the gas....worked for him for like a week just **** in nuetral all the time before he stopped....anyway carry on with the insults...
Old 11-22-2009, 02:42 PM
KING annoyingeric

I dont care about his "insult". He's some little kid that thinks name calling will get his point across..
Old 11-22-2009, 02:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Its cute how you call me a dumbass cause i stated that.. anyway..

Why would he be at a light in gear anyway. If he was smart, which im giving him the benefit of the doubt. He knows hes using a a fucked up system and would be safer. When his riding in traffic it would make no difference if the cable was connected or not. Its the starting in the first gear which is the issue and thats all..

OK?! dumbass
Cause who puts their bike in neutral, AND shuts it off at a stop light?

I called you a dumb *** cause you said riding without a clutch isn't a safety issue "AT ALL" in caps dumb ***.

If he was smart, he'd just go down to his dealer and buy a new cable and have it fixed TODAY. Or maybe order one and not ride for a week. He certainly wouldn't be daily driving it without a clutch cable..
Old 11-22-2009, 02:46 PM
KING annoyingeric

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Cause who puts their bike in neutral, AND shuts it off at a stop light?

I called you a dumb *** cause you said riding without a clutch isn't a safety issue "AT ALL" in caps dumb ***.

A PERSON THAT KNOWS HIS CABLE IS BROKEN DOES THAT.. Obviosuly i dont do that at a light because i do not have a broken cable...

And yes i wrote in caps because its not a safety issue AT ALL, giving that a person will use there head..
Old 11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
KING annoyingeric

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If he was smart, he'd just go down to his dealer and buy a new cable and have it fixed TODAY. Or maybe order one and not ride for a week. He certainly wouldn't be daily driving it without a clutch cable..

Its sunday, what dealer is open on sunday?! And he already said he needed it for basic transportation.. Im guessing he doesnt have a car to drive or borrow...
Old 11-22-2009, 02:48 PM

A PERSON THAT KNOWS HIS CABLE IS BROKEN DOES THAT.. Obviosuly i dont do that at a light because i do not have a broken cable...

And yes i wrote in caps because its not a safety issue AT ALL, giving that a person will use there head..

Never heard of a traffic accident huh?

Never heard of a biker getting rear ended? Never heard of a biker almost getting rear ended but pulling away because his clutch cable WASN'T broken?

Nothing can happen your right. No safety issue AT ALL. You are right.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Its sunday, what dealer is open on sunday?! And he already said he needed it for basic transportation.. Im guessing he doesnt have a car to drive or borrow...
The post was made yesterday. And the dealer shouldn't be shut down for a 'few days'

Ask for a ride? Take a bus? Get some friends? Or maybe buy a car?

edit: what it really boils down to, if your gonna be 'stuck' or 'in a rut' cause your stunt bike is broke down, then you need not stunt that bike.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
KING annoyingeric

Like i said before. I guess you have selective reading. He knows his bike is fucked up so he should be safer on the road.. For example: When hes at a light pull into an area where a car cant from behind him.. That seems reasonable right???
Old 11-22-2009, 02:54 PM
KING annoyingeric

This post was not about weather he should own a stunt bike or not. IT was to give him ideas on how to rig his bike to work for transportation until his new cable came..

He was given a smart idea (hanger and some cold weld) I stated my and you disaggreed with it..
Old 11-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Like i said before. I guess you have selective reading. He knows his bike is fucked up so he should be safer on the road.. For example: When hes at a light pull into an area where a car cant from behind him.. That seems reasonable right???
You're just stupid if you think there is zero safety issue riding without a clutch.

Plain and simple. Don't even try to post back up to justify. Either agree there 'could be some safety issue' or just go bang your head against a brick wall.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
KING annoyingeric

No i dont think there is a safety issue... I rode home from a stunt ride about 4 weeks ago with no right handlebar.. There was no safety issue there at all either. And alot of people from this forum saw it also. I didnt think twice about jumping on the bike.....
Old 11-22-2009, 02:58 PM
KING annoyingeric

And agian with the name calling, are you so insecure with what youre saying that you have to call me stupid???

Why cant you understand me and you do not think alike????
Old 11-22-2009, 02:58 PM

And agian with the name calling, are you so insecure about your ideals that you have to call me stupid???
If your gonna cry about that **** then go to stuntride.com, no one will disagree with you there.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM

No i dont think there is a safety issue... I rode home from a stunt ride about 4 weeks ago with no right handlebar.. There was no safety issue there at all either. And alot of people from this forum saw it also. I didnt think twice about jumping on the bike.....
NO safety issue? Or you just made it but there was some risk?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
KING annoyingeric

HAHA, im crying about nothing.. I just dont see why youre getting out of your face.. And there was NO RISK AT ALL.. I rocked my bike home with my idle up at like 7 grand, barely able to use my front brakes and all fucked up from hitting the ground.

Quick Reply: cable broke