got pulled over, need input

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:10 AM

I_RiD3_f4I is an unknown quantity at this point
got pulled over, need input

so basically
I was following some friends to a fast food restaurant. they were in a car recording me messing around on the bike. after we parked a cop came up and began his ****. my buddy stopped recording when the cop turned into the parking lot. cop gave me several citations for things i did not do, including failing to stop and giving chase. I however have the whole thing on tape that proves i didnt do anything other than the wheelie and i did not run let alone know he was there. in the video u can actually see him 9 cars behind with no lights or siren right before we turned into the restaurant. i now have to go to court for criminal offenses for all of this.

now my question is, if i show this in court would the stunts i performed before the cop came into play further incriminate me? or would only the stuff that he witnessed and accused me of count? could i only show the footage of when the cop came into play or would that be tampering with evidence? i plan on asking my lawyer if im able to get one but im curious now.

most comments appreciated

thanks in advance
Old 11-17-2009, 11:15 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: got pulled over, need input

show the whole video. they may drop all charges, they may just charge you with reckless.. either way, a reckless charge is way better than an evading charge
Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should post up the video, so better advice can be given.

and +1 to 50.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 AM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

fo sho take a reckless over an evading, but if you do cut the tape to the part where the cop pulls in its not tampering with evidence unless the prosecution supeanas (sp?) the video for evidence
Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm in love with a lot

PancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of light

A wheelie is just a moving violation (reckless driving in most cases), so that is always better than a criminal offense. Usually, an evading charge is a felony, but you weren't arrested so I don't really understand that charge. In any case, I would definitely get a lawyer, and file for a jury trial.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm in love with a lot

PancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dilts646
You should post up the video, so better advice can be given.

and +1 to 50.
Oh, and +1 to posting the video
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

posty posty. There was a guy out here who had all his charges dropped by proving he could control the bike during wheelies. The judge said it couldn't be ruled a reckless... worth a shot. now post the damn video
Old 11-17-2009, 12:13 PM

i sent in the tickets in for a court hearing. then i recieved the citation back that had the operate to endanger and fail to submit offenses with a letter that said "civil hearing is not allowed for this traffic citation because at least one of the violations on the citation is a criminal offense". then states i need to bring the citation to the district court.

the vid isnt anything special. i was just messing around (popping wheelies here and there, jumping manholes.) the cop only witnessed the one wheelie. but i got citations for the evading, illegally passing 3 cars, running red light, illegal turning, no blinker, etc. the vid shows that all of this is false. i might post it in the future. want to talk to lawyer bout the vid first.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM

Gramps is a decent person

Operating on one wheel, is better then fleeing charge... I had both charges, before I got a reckless driving for the wheelie but later dropped for operating on one wheel. 75 dollar ticket in the state of illinios. Also got the fleeing dropped too; no rear view mirror- 75.00 dollar ticket... I wouldn't bring in the tape for evidence but your friends for witnesses will work in your favor.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
The Reverend Freestyle

!!A2K!! will become famous soon enough

so there not letting you go to court?? if you dont pay a seat belt ticket here you can still take the ticket to court.....id show the video and tell em whats up
Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by !!A2K!!
so there not letting you go to court?? if you dont pay a seat belt ticket here you can still take the ticket to court.....id show the video and tell em whats up
i cant go to a hearing for like if u get pulled over for speeding. i have to go to the court house and get a public defender or my own lawyer.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

So go get one....
Old 11-17-2009, 02:26 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PancakePete
A wheelie is just a moving violation (reckless driving in most cases), so that is always better than a criminal offense. Usually, an evading charge is a felony, but you weren't arrested so I don't really understand that charge. In any case, I would definitely get a lawyer, and file for a jury trial.
reckless driving is a misdemeanor crime, not a violation.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by I_RiD3_f4I
so basically
I was following some friends to a fast food restaurant. they were in a car recording me messing around on the bike. after we parked a cop came up and began his ****. my buddy stopped recording when the cop turned into the parking lot. cop gave me several citations for things i did not do, including failing to stop and giving chase. I however have the whole thing on tape that proves i didnt do anything other than the wheelie and i did not run let alone know he was there. in the video u can actually see him 9 cars behind with no lights or siren right before we turned into the restaurant. i now have to go to court for criminal offenses for all of this.

now my question is, if i show this in court would the stunts i performed before the cop came into play further incriminate me? or would only the stuff that he witnessed and accused me of count? could i only show the footage of when the cop came into play or would that be tampering with evidence? i plan on asking my lawyer if im able to get one but im curious now.

most comments appreciated

thanks in advance
call me and i will help
Old 11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
call me and i will help
Wow. Did someone hack into Neil's SL account?

J/K...way to be.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by DOKE
Wow. Did someone hack into Neil's SL account?

J/K...way to be.
quit it. im always helpful to ppl who arent total retards, even the retards i try and give a chance, they just usually dont take it and want to argue...
Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Can I be a retard?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Can I be a retard?
you usually do your best
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
quit it. im always helpful to ppl who arent total retards, even the retards i try and give a chance, they just usually dont take it and want to argue...
Just a little humor to get me through my work day. 54 minutes and counting.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

Originally Posted by MoHawk
Can I be a retard?
They have nice helmets

Quick Reply: got pulled over, need input